6 goals in three games...

I've waited a little bit to post this, coz I don't really want to sound like a wet blanket. I listened to last night's game on t' wireless, and we sound awesome going forward.

My question is this. Given the fact that DJ has been able to pick a full strength back 5 in each game ( save for Gardner last night), and the fact that we've conceded 6 goals in those games, is anyone worried? Are we gonna play Keegan football? Are we always gonna need to score 2 or more to get anything from a game? Is our defence still getting accustomed to Championship football? Does anyone care?

Cheers.

The fact that we've been shaky defensively but still picked up the results speaks volumes. We are going to be very competitive in this division once the defence is shored up a little.

It is a concern but I think we'll start to tighten up in a few games. Birmingham only started really threatening us with 30 mins left when some of players looked tired. Once they get up to full flow and have a few games behind them I think we'll start to conede less. I think the first few games were just finding our feet again after the summer break.

I'm sure DJ will share your concern and see it as an area where we can improve Defending is a collective responsibility and with so many new players to bed in, its not surprising we look a bit shaky at the back This team will get better and better I believe

I for one would hate to see us with 9 behind the ball and grinding out 1 nils. I remember Derby getting promoted to the Prem that way and left the Prem with the lowest points total in history. For once we are giving out a "You'd be better off worrying about what we are going to do to you sunshine" vibe by going for the throat from the kick off.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

I have to concur with the opening post there is always room for improvement- no point in resting on our laurels. I feel that we will need to improve defensively if we are to gain promotion this year. But, I'm sure this is an area which DJ's is trying to strengthen.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Remember when Manchester United conceded 12 in a three game span (five at Newcastle and six at Southampton among them) a few years ago on their way to the title? We shipped six and seven ourselves when we finished third back in 1992.

Don't draw too many conclusions from such a small and isolated sample.

Remember when Manchester United conceded 12 in a three game span (five at Newcastle and six at Southampton among them) a few years ago on their way to the title? We shipped six and seven ourselves when we finished third back in 1992.

Don't draw too many conclusions from such a small and isolated sample.

I haven't drawn any conclusions, merely posed questions. I'd also rather avoid direct comparisons with a premier league title winning Manchester United winning sides. After all, it could be just an "isolated sample", couldn't it?

if it wasn't for some lacksidaisical defending, some daft errors and a ridiculous rash tackle to give a peno away, we'd have conceded less

if we hadn't signed Rodri, or played Reda, or brought on COG when we did, we wouldnt have scored the goals we have scored

it happens - its football