6 goals in three games...

I honestly think that last nights goals conceded were more to do with the way we came forward than in the way we defended. We had tones of possession but were trying to walk it in second half. As such, we didn't kill off the game as easily as we should have and that invited the pressure in the end.

I understand that you don't want to overcommit, but if you take it too far, you actually can end up in more bother than if you had pushed harder.

In the end though, it is a fine balancing act between keeping the ball and pushing for goal and I have every confidence DJ and the boys will get used to it in the end.

With Kieran Lee not yet available (anybody know why?) and DJ obviously after another centre half our defence is still a work in progress. Players are getting used to each other still it may take time. However when crosses are put into our box we do look shaky. Which is the one thing I didn't expect.

I honestly think that last nights goals conceded were more to do with the way we came forward than in the way we defended. We had tones of possession but were trying to walk it in second half. As such, we didn't kill off the game as easily as we should have and that invited the pressure in the end.

I understand that you don't want to overcommit, but if you take it too far, you actually can end up in more bother than if you had pushed harder.

In the end though, it is a fine balancing act between keeping the ball and pushing for goal and I have every confidence DJ and the boys will get used to it in the end.

Good post. Last night we were keeping posession really well prior to their first goal. We then knocked it back to Kirkland who kicked it up field. These are always 50-50 balls and from this they broke and scored.We will get even better in posession as the team grows together so not unduly worried as we will create more and concede less.

Guest Markowl1

What u have to realise its a team just in the championship players still getting to grip with the league new players still need to gell chris Kirkland although been playing well didn't start preseason till a few weeks ago so still working on things with the defence so it surely can only get better uto lol

Guest Cheese

I strongly see this season as consolidation, anything more than that would be amazing. It's a concern yes, but as long as we are heading in the right direction that's good enough for me, it's easy to get carried away and as long as we keep strengthening what more can we ask.

it's quite odd really. We are 2nd in league & the top scorers in the league but with equally the worst goals conceeded, 4 in 2 games. I'm sure DJ is aware of the fact & that's good enough for me. He will know better than anyone that we have to stop conceeding goals & I'm sure it will be dealt with.

For the moment lets just enjoy the ride.

We've scored 9 goals in those 3 games, sit 2nd in the league and into the next round of the cup. Where is the concern?

I think the thread clearly states...at the back?!

We need to either get a quality defensive coach in OR we get a more organised CB in. It just shows that between Batth and Jones, they did a quality job of organising the back line last season. We've lost both and not replaced them with people who either talk enough or at least say the right things. Thought that might have been Kirkland but I guess not.

We need a talker/organiser in there....with pace too if we can be that picky.