Chasing a player that Barca are too..

Barkley I think, obviously for him Barca would be the opportunity of a life time but the chances are his chances at this moment in time would be limited where as coming to us he could be playing week in week out.

Actually come to think of it, is it Barkley? Could it be a free agent such as Jose Baxter?

I thought about Baxter too. He was highly rated at Everton. But is he really that good that Barcelona would be interested. Again I think he would find his chances very limited

He's hardly gonna get picked in barcas first team! Get a grip. ;)

Was just about to post something along these lines. Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Song, Thiago, Fabregas - no chance of barca's first team for Barkley. He's very highly rated though so i can understand the link but to suggest he would get into their first team straight away is a little far fetched.

It will be someone else, as shown by the Barca player who we wanted but moved to Werder Bremen we are getting a higher calibre of player from abroad.

Ross Barkley wouldnt want to return to Everton after playing for Barca. I also dont think Barca really go for loans, if they wanted Barkley theyd just buy him!

Guest Distraught!

Was just about to post something along these lines. Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Song, Thiago, Fabregas - no chance of barca's first team for Barkley. He's very highly rated though so i can understand the link but to suggest he would get into their first team straight away is a little far fetched.

That was the point I was trying to make. If he was that good he could get into Barca's first team, what would be the point of Moyes loaning him out? He'd already be a first team fixture at Everton. But Moyes specifically stated that the reason for such a loan would be to get Barkley first team experience.

Story from last season.....

http://www.dailymail...ss-Barkley.html

The Premier League's big three spenders are preparing for a £30million transfer battle which will shatter the world-record fee for a teenage footballer.

Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City have all made known their interest in Everton's midfield sensation Ross Barkley.

He is seen by some as an even better prospect than another Goodison Park product, Wayne Rooney, and is set to top the £25.6m United paid for the then 18-year-old seven years ago.

Although Everton will fight to hang on to Barkley, who is not 18 until December, their dire financial situation has made them vulnerable to big offers. Barcelona and Real Madrid are also monitoring the situation.

One top representative said: 'I thought Stevie Gerrard was the best kid in his position that I've ever seen, but Barkley is as good. There's no doubt he is going to be a top player.'

Barkley's progress is all the more remarkable following his horrific triple leg fracture playing for England Under-19s in Belgium last year, which put him out for 10 months.

England coach Noel Blake remembers the incident, a collision with team-mate Andre Wisdom, vividly. 'I still don't feel comfortable thinking about it, as it was so upsetting,' he said.

'Thankfully, he has recovered and it shows his strength of character that he has got back so quickly.'

Edited by BRUCE LEE

Why is it far fatched for one of world's best clubs to get linked with one of world's most promissing talents ?!

Edited by malek

Guest waistline ye diddle

That was back in september 11, would Barca still be monitoring him now a year down the line? Is this kid really thought to be that good?

Anyone know any Barca fans that are ITK?

Jonloscules

Guest phshaw

Ross Barkley is the most exciting prospect in English football by a country mile. If he comes on loan to us, absolutely anything is possible for our football club.

Reckon that there'll be no loan for Barkley until after the end of the transfer window when the PL clubs have to announce their 25 man squads. I think Everton will prefer to keep him at least until then so they can make sure they are in a position to loan him out.

I think I'm right in saying the loan window reopens a week later. That, I think, is when the deal will be done.