He won't be quite so exposed at Hillsborough where teams will come with less attacking intent - so like last season, will be a threat on set pieces.

Away from home, he will have to step up and improve quickly as he will be attacked much more. Time will tell if he can adjust - but we have a manager who knows the game and in particular, this league - so if anyone can help Reda make that adjustment then it will be Dave Jones.

...I can't be the only person happy with the way DJ has/is developing a squad that is adaptable and can be changed to deal with different threats and opposition, both home and away, can I?

Reda will be available and picked as DJ sees fit...that may change depending on who and where we are playing...but by crikey moses how bloody good is it to have a squad big enough and capable enough to do that!!!

Maybe some folk have short memories, maybe some are too quick to moan but before passing comment it's worthwhile just having a little think instead of knee jerking over one or two performances.

My original comments did not refer to defensive capabilities and I also did say I love Reda. I am not on an Anti Reda mission.

I refered to his distribution, which was shocking.

In the same hand, I love that he scores more goals than most midfielders.

Someone please argue differently?

It's amazing how many posters on here with 1000's posts are blind to the obvious.

I love it though, it is what these sites are all about!

Keep it up wee wee tail heads.

WAWAW.

Thanks for coming.

Guest Bedders

My original comments did not refer to defensive capabilities and I also did say I love Reda. I am not on an Anti Reda mission.

It's amazing how many posters on here with 1000's posts are blind to the obvious.

WAWAW.

Thanks for coming.

His distribution into the back of the net does my head in! :reda:

Edited by Bedders

When Reda first joined the club as a centre back he looked as though he had promise but his in-experience proved to be a liability at times? Megson switching him to left-back was a masterstroke. The ability to make mistakes was still there but he was less likely to see his mistakes punished playing at left-back and as a result of this he became more confident and comfortable in his play and was only arguably bettered in performances last season by Semedo and Batth.

With Mattock coming in with his Championship experience I'm a little surprised to see Reda still starting games but DJ obviously feels that Reda is still worth a shirt. It stands to reason that he will probably not get away with any indecisions at this level but I think he deserves the chance to try and show that he can cut it at this level. If over a period of time it's obvious that he can't then I'm sure he will be dropped but as he showed once again yesterday he his a scorer of vital goals and this can't be overlooked more so this season where it's questionable whether we have the players to score regularly at this level like at the level below?

Reda could easily bag around 10 goals this season and that could be the difference between a comfortable season and a nervous one. For this reason alone DJ needs to keep him in the team at least for the time being.

As bad as he was in the first half, he was so much better in the second in every department.

His positioning improved, he was no longer skinned, he started using his strength to get between the man and ball rather than having to slide through him and in general his improved performance allowed us to grow into the game and take control.

when reda came we could see he was a monster, but a very raw one...

it would be difficult to see his longer term future being anything other than at c/b...

however, as yet i'm not sure he's good enough to oust beevers at 1st. reserve for that position, let alone force his way into the side there...

if we are hesitant at one, or both full back positions, you can bet good money on other teams scouts will have seen this...

and the obvious method of attack, or counter attack against us is wide with a wingman...

if we do have liability's at f/b, then dj needs to sort it...

for me defensively, we are far from the finished article, much work needs to be done...

good fightback, and opening day point though...

Guest JC Saviour

WAWAW.

Thanks for coming.

I'm nit picking pal but you earlier said he was a liability also. The guy is still young and raw but he his learning quickly, in fact, you may scoff, but he could become a cult hero at Wednesday. I will accept that if his only black mark is his distribution at times,then, I think along with DJ, we can live with that but can be worked on. The other players mentioned and brought in recently will no doubt get their chance but at present can you or anyone else realistically come up with a reason in dropping Reda. There won't be many right wingers in this league will relish playing against Reda. By the way for good measure, I forgot to mention the point saving goal.

WAWAW.

Thanks for coming.

You said Reda was a liability.

Reda just earned us one point.

while i, and many other reda 'defenders' on here dont dispute that his distribution at times is lacking, you opted to have a pop at a player who arguably was one of last seasons stars, and wasnt even the worse defender in that game (buxton and gardner were much worse).

If any of our players didnt have weaknesses, they would be playing at a higher level. Opinions are good but theres a difference between having an opinion, and writing a player off after one game as not being up to standard.