Reda Johnson is an absolute shocking Footballer.....

BUT

You get power,strength,pace,commitment and passion.

So the above can cut it in Leauge 1 and maybe against some of the poorer teams in Championsip.

Get someone like Jarvis,Pedersen,Eagles Against him and he will be screwed.

Reda will put them all in the stands!

Do you think Buxton played any better than Reda on Monday, or Gardner for that matter?

A shocking footballer he is not, he may not be a great left back to label him as shocking is plain daft.

Reda will put them all in the stands!

Do you think Buxton played any better than Reda on Monday, or Gardner for that matter?

A shocking footballer he is not, he may not be a great left back to label him as shocking is plain daft.

dont let common sense get in the way of a good old witch hunt though mate.

I do have a clue, can he pass? NO. He is not a left back he is a centre half, he basically did a Job at left back last season.

Jones said there would be Changes and with him bringing in a left back with Promotion & Premership experience I seem to think he knows who will be playing LB when fully fit....

Reda was not our worst defender on Monday.

They were all poo in the first half.

Reda and Llera improved second half.

I'll not worry too much what Nobbers posters who think we should replace Reda with Lee think...!

Reda WAS shocking on monday, and he ISN'T a left back, both are true, but that doesnt make him a bad player, and before all the snipers say "see i told you so" he's no great shakes as a center back either, thing with Reda is he learns pretty quick, Megson called him a car crash in his first game in charge, and look at him now, he's a monster, no its right, he's probably not our best center back, he's definately not our best left back, but i wouldn't bet on him being in the team more than he's out. DJ will have a plan for him, and there will be quite a few on the treatment table Monday mornings after a Saturday playing against Reda

The whole defence was shocking against Oldham in the first half. it was a question of attitude to the game and application on the night bearing in mind it was League 1 opposition. You cannot crucify somebody on this one game. Will he cut it in the Championship? Lets wait and see along with one or two other players.

Guest JC Saviour

Reda Johnson is an absolute shocking Footballer.....

BUT

You get power,strength,pace,commitment and passion.

So the above can cut it in Leauge 1 and maybe against some of the poorer teams in Championsip.

Get someone like Jarvis,Pedersen,Eagles Against him and he will be screwed.

Another Reda basher. Thats 3 of you on here. Like what was said in the post SWFC started I believe, back you statements with facts, until then, flip off until you talk some sense.

Okay mate, but two managers who have been relatively successful in their jobs both seem to think otherwise.

He ain't the best in the world, I accept, but one poor game doesn't a bad player make.

He didn't play as badly as that in any game at LB last season as far as I saw.

Buxton and Gardener were worse on Monday... don't see many shouting for their heads.

Gardener was shocking the other night, tbh I'm really worried about us c/b wise. Reda improved as the game went on.

Only time will tell, give the lad a chance ffs, like I am with gardener.

Edited by Maddogbob

I will back it up, against Sheffield united this season Reda had the ball at his feet 35 yards out on the wing and he tried sliding the ball past one of their players tripped over ball went out and he looked a idiot.

He's not a full back so just deal with it.

Yeah, great point.

I once saw Ryan Giggs go round the keeper and then miss an open goal. Looked, an idiot, shocking player.

Once the Championship season gets going, the best role I can see for Reda will be cover for LB or the left-sided CB role. I don't think he's quite there yet to nail down a regular first-team slot in The Championship. He played CB in a relegated Plymouth side last time in this league and is not the best when isolated with a quick and tricky striker. At LB he hasn't learnt enough yet to warrant a regular spot now we've stepped up a league. His positional sense leaves a lot to be desired. Don't get me wrong, he may well become a good LB in time but not sure we can carry him in the Championship whilst he develops - especially seeing as though we have a proven Championship LB in Mattock in our ranks.

Once the Championship season gets going, the best role I can see for Reda will be cover for LB or the left-sided CB role. I don't think he's quite there yet to nail down a regular first-team slot in The Championship. He played CB in a relegated Plymouth side last time in this league and is not the best when isolated with a quick and tricky striker. At LB he hasn't learnt enough yet to warrant a regular spot now we've stepped up a league. His positional sense leaves a lot to be desired. Don't get me wrong, he may well become a good LB in time but not sure we can carry him in the Championship whilst he develops - especially seeing as though we have a proven Championship LB in Mattock in our ranks.

A reasonable and justified opinion. Much more accurate than calling him a shocking footballer and making him out as an idiot for an isolated incident in a game in which he contributed to a clean sheet.