Realistic Budget

Guest peter grummitt

Guest Big Guns

Isn't our budget 65% of our turnover?

By the way, I never get fed up of this:-

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Big Guns. View it anyway?

You put me on ignore salmonbones lol

Suppose its better than death threats....

Blaming Aldridge is one of those ridiculous ideas that someone starts on OT and it then somehow spreads.

As above

The ridiculous fuckwittery last season where based on absolutely fuck all Paul Aldridge suddenly became the devil incarnate intent on bringing the club down from within by sabotaging any deals.

Same as our crap squad of Lidl players who would never do anything and we would never get promoted without splashing the cash big time - and Aldridge was preventing that.

Football fans never learn

Edited by scram

As above

The ridiculous fuckwittery last season where based on absolutely fuck all Paul Aldridge suddenly became the devil incarnate intent on bringing the club down from within by sabotaging any deals.

Same as our crap squad of Lidl players who would never do anything and we would never get promoted without splashing the cash big time - and Aldridge was preventing that.

from a football fan.

Everyone who is a true owl will never forget what milan has done for this club and the signings so far have been good, signings we could only dream of a few seasons ago but going back into a very competitive championship we should be making a least 2 major quality additions...will they happen?..who knows but Antonio should have been signed long ago.

Not sure what you guys think is a realistic budget for the championship these days but with season ticket sales as they are its time we started to be more possitive with our bids for players, dont get me wrong i dont want to go back to the bad old days by overspending but lets pull in a few eye catching signings...uto.

So basically what you are saying is we mustn't go back to the bad old days of spending loads of money, but in the meantime let's spend loads of money.

As above

The insult seems to have switched from 'Lidl players' to 'freebies'. So in some people's minds, we're going backwards, we can't even afford to shop at Lidl anymore.

What frustrated me today was, we're linked with - what looks like - a promising Danish youngster. I see the report on SSN and expect to come on OT and see the news being greeted, but instead, it's met with derision that we haven't had a bid accepted. I'm impressed with the patient transfer policy so far.

I just think now is such a great time to be an Owl, that if you can't enjoy it, when can you. Every player we've brought in so far seems to make sense. DJ's doing what he said he'd do: he's building for the now and building for the future.

Some excellent posts by Juror in this thread.

The club has to be sustainable and big names are not necessarily better football players. There is a whole world of players out there, and I'm pleased that we're also looking elsewhere for imports rather than just offering a wage to Championship footballers who are mostly way over-valued and over-priced.

Whatever our budget is, Milan thinks it will be sufficient and that is good enough for me. Spending seven figures on one player like Antonio would be madness and I'm sure that a successful businessman like Milan knows what to spend when, and when he is getting good value. If a standout player became available and was worth that sort of fee I'm sure Milan would consider spending, but equally I'm happy knowing that my club is progressing regardless, and I know that Milan, Aldridge, and the rest of his team are doing a good job.

I don't see Milan being at the club much longer, I think he will be looking for a return on his investment soon, but he has undoubtedly had a huge positive impact on our club. Be patient and support your club by buying season tickets and spending your money. UTO

Guest Big Guns

As above

And the Aldridge blaming and the lidl references all came from none other than gary megson....

There's a really weird perception amongst a worryingly large or vocal set of football fans who seem to think a chairman's job is to put money into a football club. Why the hell should a person charged with running, organising and looking after the interests of a football club put their own money into it?

A good chairman is one that makes the club profitable and successful both now and in the future. The millionaire fan who is happy to put his own money into a club with no expectation of a return like Jack Walker is such a rarity that that should be admired, not expected.

I'm delighted that under Mandaric we've increased revenues, gone up a division and started playing more attractive football in order to draw in more fans. If he did start spending the club's money on players that were not worth it I'd lose a lot of respect for him. He's doing a great job.

Guest DarksideOfTheToon

Keep calm my friends, I think MM is just holding onto his cash so we can sign a big name!If not I still have faith in the current signings to keep us at least mid table, I think even the full squad from last season would have gave rest of CC a good game.Have faith and I think we could make it 2 promotions in a row.Remember that MM would get a lot more money for Our club if we were in Premier, then watch the Saudi's or other foreign buyers bring their millions.Sleeping giant has woken and its time to get back up to where we belong!

I think the starting XI that finished last season is stronger than our current starting XI.