Realistic Budget

Guest peter grummitt

Guest peter grummitt

Everyone who is a true owl will never forget what milan has done for this club and the signings so far have been good, signings we could only dream of a few seasons ago but going back into a very competitive championship we should be making a least 2 major quality additions...will they happen?..who knows but Antonio should have been signed long ago.

Not sure what you guys think is a realistic budget for the championship these days but with season ticket sales as they are its time we started to be more possitive with our bids for players, dont get me wrong i dont want to go back to the bad old days by overspending but lets pull in a few eye catching signings...uto.

Not sure what could be considered a decent budget. All I know is that we haven't done enough in the transfer market yet and that you can't live on saving the club forever.

Time to put in place a squad to compete at the top half of the table.

At the moment, we're nowhere near.

That doesn't mean that the situation won't change though but as my Mother keeps reminding me, you only get what you pay for, pay peanuts and you get monkeys.

Not sure what could be considered a decent budget. All I know is that we haven't done enough in the transfer market yet and that you can't live on saving the club forever.

Time to put in place a squad to compete at the top half of the table.

At the moment, we're nowhere near.

That doesn't mean that the situation won't change though but as my Mother keeps reminding me, you only get what you pay for, pay peanuts and you get monkeys.

Good post.

The club has to be sustainable. The only real way for us to push on is to get more people coming back to games or us being bought by some billionaire with nothing to do!!

Milan can't (and won't) be able to fund the club running at a loss forever and this won't be part of his long term plans. My opinion is that Milan will be looking for a mid table finish and will be looking at his exit strategy in the next 12 months. I doubt he's going to go mad shelling out big fees and wages because of this.

anyone think aldridge is the one who drags out these deals?

Yes probably, but then again he knows how to play the market better than any of us, so while it is easy to get frustrated we just have to relax and put our faith in people who are in the positions of power

I don't think he's still living off that. His popularity might have started because of that but his decision to change managers was the reason we went up last season. Massive bottle on his part. So now he's living off both of those things, as well as putting more money in.

As long as a chairman's not taking money out, I'm not sure we can complain.

What annoys me is, fans who've got the time time and cash to go every week, but don't. And then complain that MM isn't putting his money where his mouth is. If we want a bigger budget, we can turn to MM, or fans can take it upon themselves to increase the turnover, and thus the budget.

We're as responsible as MM.