Realistic Budget

Guest peter grummitt

Guest tarnowl75

Keep calm my friends, I think MM is just holding onto his cash so we can sign a big name!If not I still have faith in the current signings to keep us at least mid table, I think even the full squad from last season would have gave rest of CC a good game.Have faith and I think we could make it 2 promotions in a row.Remember that MM would get a lot more money for Our club if we were in Premier, then watch the Saudi's or other foreign buyers bring their millions.Sleeping giant has woken and its time to get back up to where we belong!

with poor offers

You think he chooses what we offer? He may have some input but MM will set the budget and Jones will advise on the value of a player. Those two will set the parameters, and then Aldridge will negotiate within them.

Blaming Aldridge is one of those ridiculous ideas that someone starts on OT and it then somehow spreads.

I'd like to think that DJ accepted the job on the proviso that a 'certain' budget would be made available should he get promotion. He would have been foolish not to have discussed this during his interview. I get the impression that one or two surprises may be sprung between now and the start of the season - whether loan or permanent.

Guest King Mong

It depends on season targets.

We could just look to survive, trim the squad and go with what we've got now. And if we struggle with numbers or form look at short term loans to boost the squad. We'd be doing it on a relatively comparable wage bill to last season.

Anything beyond that will take largish outlays in terms of transfer fees in certain positions. A proven Championship goalscorer or a hot prospect from abroad will cost a 7 figure fee. Decent championship wingers will cost a similar amount, whether you are looking at someone from abroad, or someone within England. The alternative is to knock on the doors of Premier League clubs for top youngsters, no outlay needed. But risky in that they are unproven. I'd say at Wednesday, we'd need to spend a million on a forward, a million on a winger, and then snag a couple of players on season loans. That may have us competing at the right-end if the signings come off.

The reality is probably closer to survival than promotion. We won't take risks financially given the state we were in 2 years ago. Milan is very prudent, there are two transfer windows, blowing a budget in one and it going wrong hinders the budget in the other one. Milan will want to leave something in the kitty in case we have to spend to survive, or, better still, spend for promotion.

It's also worth noting that whilst he will tell the media that we can push, I'll be surprised if he is actually setting those targets internally. We still have tickets to sell, coming out and actually saying that we want to stay up and that's our goal isn't going to help that.

A budget is not so much how much you can spend. But how much you are willing to spend without jeopardising the future. In terms of Wednesday, they are a long way apart at the minute. At least until we establish ourselves back at this level.

I don't think he's still living off that. His popularity might have started because of that but his decision to change managers was the reason we went up last season. Massive bottle on his part. So now he's living off both of those things, as well as putting more money in.

As long as a chairman's not taking money out, I'm not sure we can complain.

What annoys me is, fans who've got the time time and cash to go every week, but don't. And then complain that MM isn't putting his money where his mouth is. If we want a bigger budget, we can turn to MM, or fans can take it upon themselves to increase the turnover, and thus the budget.

We're as responsible as MM.

We sell out every week, would Milan suddenly splash the cash or would he just think that it makes us a greater proposition to potential buyers and choose to keep the purse strings closed as he knows he don't need to speculate to acumalate? (scuse spelling)....Not arguing, just putting it out.

We sell out every week, would Milan suddenly splash the cash or would he just think that it makes us a greater proposition to potential buyers and choose to keep the purse strings closed as he knows he don't need to speculate to acumalate? (scuse spelling)....Not arguing, just putting it out.

I don't know, can only speculate. Maybe Milan handouts aren't the only way to a bigger budget though. Hopefully DJ's wheeling and dealing, over time, will generate funds. We might even be lucky enough to get a big cup tie. Bigger attendances and increased TV money will also help. Takes time to feed into the budget though, so need patience. All I know is, I think Milanmoaners are a bit daft.

He would increase the budget because our income would be higher, thus creating a beautiful virtuous circle of success culminating in a rich sheikh who graciously hands the club back to the fans with a £500 million golden handshake.

Unfortunately at this point it means the likes of ForeverSWFC begin to make their voices heard and the club spirals back into the pits of the league under a cloud of despair, to fight it out in endless purgatory against the damned Blades of BDTBL.

Edited by Beztheowl

Whilst I didn't expect us to be paying lots of money in a promotion bid that a few seem to think would happen, I was suprised after reported comments from Mandaric and Aldrige in fans forums at how little we've spent, they gave me the impression that we'd sign a few players for £500k+ whereas we're nowhere near this yet, so can understand many people's frustration, at the same time as long as we have a decent season i'll be happy