CF----------CF

1. Maguire-----Madine

2. O’Grady-----Lowe

3. Kyle

Loaned out

Palmer

What needs to happen (imo)

Keeper - Weaver out. Jameson out on loan/development squad

Defence - 1 CB (Batth) in. R.Jones, Reynolds, Bennett, D.Jones out.

Midfield - 1 RM (Antonio), 1 LM (Treacy), 1 CM (Norris) in. Prutton, M. Jones out. Nyoni out on loan/development squad

Attack - 1 CF (Earnshaw) in. O'Grady out. Kyle out on loan/development squad

Football management is easy.

Guest Bobs Brain Tonic

I've liked the look of picnic so far..only early but he looks like he could be a find..

I'd still like 2 ST and for Earny not to be one of em...Bothroyd and A.N other would be nice

Not wholly confident on our central defence either.

Love the impact Llera made for us last season late on especially but I'm not totally sure on him as first choice for us now.

No doubts on Gardner's quality but he will miss games and again I'm not overly confident on Jones and Beevers at this level.

Decent options but I really hope we bring another in, the quality, and younger quality, obviously costs money and I'm not sure how far our budget stretches.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

offensivley we need some good signings hope we have at least 2 new faces this time next week!

I wouldn't mind seeing what Mike Jones looks like. He hasnt really had a chance as of yet, but when he came on against Sporting he looked fairly lively, and he obviously got the goal against Reading

Doubt he will be on big wages, and we arent going to get much money for him, so why not giving him a run out in some more friendlies, and see what he can do come the start of the season, where the games come thick and fast at times, could be a good squad player. Maybe give him a start against Oldham in the cup?

O'Grady is ridiculously overlooked and underrated and shouldn't be gotten rid of. Won two player of the months last season, runnerup another month, came up big for us in the games that mattered against Huddersfield, United etc. Man of the match goalscorer against premiership bound West Ham in the cup and he's kicked off pre-season with two goals in two games.

I would get rid of Bennett, Reynolds, Daniel Jones, Prutton and Coke. Then focus on strengthening the midfield as it needs three or four new signings.

Squad is taking shape, but we are still lacking.

• Need a right sided centre back
  • Need at least one, possibly two more additions in central midfield
  • Need two more wide players
  • Need at least one, possibly two more strikers.

Easy spending someone else's money etc.

I liked the pretty pattern and structure of the team and how the numbers relate to where you see them on the level of getting into the team. +1

Guest intercity0wl

The spine of our team is weak and we have no wingers. Without some decent additions, it will be a long season.

we need to add some serious quality and experience to our squad or the momentum will quickly be lost

O'Grady is ridiculously overlooked and underrated and shouldn't be gotten rid of. Won two player of the months last season, runnerup another month, came up big for us in the games that mattered against Huddersfield, United etc. Man of the match goalscorer against premiership bound West Ham in the cup and he's kicked off pre-season with two goals in two games.

I would get rid of Bennett, Reynolds, Daniel Jones, Prutton and Coke. Then focus on strengthening the midfield as it needs three or four new signings.

Whole heartedly agree with al three posts above

I liked the pretty pattern and structure of the team and how the numbers relate to where you see them on the level of getting into the team. +1

*pretends he noticed the effort that Kivo had put in*

Yeah, great work.

Still missing that class in the centre of the park...

And either side of it of course.

Have to agree with Orlando, Midfield doesn't look good, but that will not be the midfield we start the season, I reckon we'll see 2 or 3 changes in the midfield before the season starts.

We are 2 wingers and a creative central midfielder away from a competetive Championship squad. Obviously the wide positions are a huge issue, but get Antonio in and we're halfway there. Some of that though depends on Pecnik I'd guess, and where he's going to play, how quickly he's going to settle in and how good he is.

Maybe add in another central defender afterwards if the funds and space are free'd up to do so (hopefully with Reynolds leaving).

Obviously we all know the players who need to go. Rob Jones and Prutton can stay for me as long as they're clear on their role as squad backup and are happy to go along with that, but we need to get Daniel Jones, Reynolds and Coke in particular out of the door quickly.