Current squad

Its not just the squad is 5 players short, make that our starting line up In my opinion, we need front to back, a quality striker, width right and left, a central midfielder and a right sided centre back. Thats pretty much half of our side yet to arrive

Squad is taking shape, but we are still lacking.

• Need a right sided centre back
  • Need at least one, possibly two more additions in central midfield
  • Need two more wide players
  • Need at least one, possibly two more strikers.

Easy spending someone else's money etc.

This is pretty much what I think we need too. I think a couple of these are going to come close to the new season by way of loan signings.

Its not just the squad is 5 players short, make that our starting line up In my opinion, we need front to back, a quality striker, width right and left, a central midfielder and a right sided centre back. Thats pretty much half of our side yet to arrive

100% agree!

Agree, except about quality striker. Think Madine and Maguire might be good enough for a starting partnership and they're going to need the chance to develop an understanding. Rather see money spent on quality in central midfield / wings and bring in quality but unproven quick striker on loan. That way, won't expect to start every week.

I want prutton and r.jones to stay this season.

I don't think they will get much playing time but I get the impression that both are good in the dressing room in terms of leadership and team spirit.

It's night and say what they offered on the playing side last season though. Prutton offered very little indeed whereas Jones was a consistent performer and great captain.

Guest Bobs Brain Tonic

I was under the impression those boys were signed for the development squad.

Pecnik's 26 and an international

Amado's 22? ish

Amado has been signed for the first team, I'm almost certain of that. He looked strong at Stocksbridge, certainly a cut above most of the players who came on in that second half who you would presume are the youth/development players. My guess is he's back up for Semedo should Semedo ever pick up an injury/malfunction.

As stated above, Pecnik is in his mid 20's. No way he's been signed as development. I think both players will be a part of our core Championship squad this season, although in the case of Pecnik who knows in what position exactly.

Edited by sheffield_dave

I was under the impression those boys were signed for the development squad.

If a 26 year old can get in a "development" squad then half of OT might as well have a crack at getting in.

The spine of our team is weak and we have no wingers. Without some decent additions, it will be a long season.

If all stay fit next season i say we have a strong spine to our team in Kirkland, Gardener, Semedo, Madine....... I think it just now a case we have a few positions still to fill yes.

Edited by Thai_Owl

Guest foreverSWFC

Need two wingers

Quality CM

1 striker

1 CB

Surely Rhys McCabe won't be plunged into the first team I he signs, probs development player. We've lost out on Norris, so perhaps Regula transfer back on?

Guest Fedor

Need two wingers

Quality CM

1 striker

1 CB

Surely Rhys McCabe won't be plunged into the first team I he signs, probs development player. We've lost out on Norris, so perhaps Regula transfer back on?

I think Pecnik could be the quality CM we need

Edited by Fedor

Guest Big Guns

Keepers and defence look solid. Our attack still looks slightly weak to me, and except Semedo our midfield is woeful.

This............

Guest Fedor

Keepers and defence look solid. Our attack still looks slightly weak to me, and except Semedo our midfield is woeful.

This............

Have to agree , cant believe he got two negs. We are well short in midfield compared to last season.

No way near a good enough squad atm,if we were to start the season on saturday we would be struggling.

Further quality additions needed imo.

It seems to me that the vast majority of us would have little idea how good most of our signings so far will be and it's much too early to make any such assumptions. Nor should it be forgotten that we took 36 of the final 42 points available to us last season, which proves we are not bums, even if it was at a lower level.