clayton to huddersfield

Guest cabangaowl

They've been there an there abouts for about 5 seasons.

Is it really that big a surprise they're going for it?

They've being trying to get in the Championship for ages! They'll probably be doing all they can to ensure they don't go straight back down!

Their team last season would've been awful at Championship level. They had about 1 player in every line that was good enough for the Championship.

They needed to strengthen desperately and they are doing.

They've signed more than Charlton because Charlton are better equipped than 'Udders are.

think its a good bit of business by udders, theyve quietly gone about their business and snapped up potentially a couple of very good players. cant help but wonder if Leeds would have ever sold him to us anyway though?

In all honesty, no, I don't think we've shown a great deal of ambition.

When Hudders complete a deal for Antonio then the reality might become a bit too much for some on here.

Big talk, little action.

It could be a decent signing by Huddersfield, although I've heard mixed reports about him.

I think we've shown plenty of ambition so far though, we've brought in 4 good players before the start of July, whilst ensuring 3 other players sign new contracts.

Huddersfield are throwing silly money at it, because just like Charlton last year, they actually have it, our heads are above water for the first time in 20 years but we are by no means a financial heavyweight, and as a result are not going to spend 5 million on transfers.

The right players, for the right price seems to be our philosophy, and that's the way it should be, dont try and spend money you haven't got, as one of Milan's former clubs might tell you.

Edited by leea8331

Guest theowls 93

Nothing to do with Clayton, but if Hudds have also snapped up Scanell, and we've got Gardner then Palace could have a fight on their hands this season as i'm pretty sure that starlet Zaha will also get signed up this summer by a prem side, could be a tough season for them. And back on topic, 500k is a lot of money for him.

Anyone claiming they wouldn't be happy had we have signed Scannell and Clayton are clearly having themselves on The amount of people on here who were getting all excited about Roberts, Norris and Darius flippingHenderson was unbelievable. Me, I expect better and I'm sure we will deliver better Show some ambition for flip sake

Reminds me of when TalkSport phoned up Ray Parlour after Van Persie announced that he wouldn't be signing a new contract ...

To paraphrase - 'He was cr*p anyway' lol

Middlesborough also doing some good recruiting, Woodgate, Parnaby and Grant Leadbitter. Its probably true to say we don't appear to have shown much ambition, with the key word being appear Behind the scenes I'm sure we are working on some major transfers of our own. To get Clayton and Scannell for a figure of around 1-2 million is not exactly throwing silly money around. When we do make our move, I suspect we will be talking fees far in excess of what Huddersfield have paid out. Milan is ambitious and certainly won't settle for us being also rans behind Huddersfield

Anyone claiming they wouldn't be happy had we have signed Scannell and Clayton are clearly having themselves on The amount of people on here who were getting all excited about Roberts, Norris and Darius flippingHenderson was unbelievable. Me, I expect better and I'm sure we will deliver better Show some ambition for flip sake

When was the last time you saw Scannell play 90 mins? He only played half of Palace's games last season. A team which finished firmly in the lower reaches. He's a mercurial talent who most Palace fans say hasn't progressed at all really since bursting on the scene.

Clayton's had one full season in the Championship and granted, he did well, but Norris played in a struggling side and still put two more in the back of the net. It's not all about goals but Norris offers us something we haven't had in a while: a genuine box-to-box midfielder.

Not sure you learned anything from last year. It's not always about having the fashionable new kids on the block, there's a lot to be said for experience and character.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but Norris was the joint eighth highest scoring midfielder in the division last season; all those above would cost £1 million pounds minimum. If we get him, it's a sensible signing. Darius Henderson wouldn't be a fashionable signing but he'd be highly effective. I can't be bothered to check, but I'd be very surprised if many strikers had a better goals/game ratio than him last season. No defender wants to play against Darius. Again, would be an effective signing.

Middlesborough also doing some good recruiting, Woodgate, Parnaby and Grant Leadbitter. Its probably true to say we don't appear to have shown much ambition, with the key word being appear Behind the scenes I'm sure we are working on some major transfers of our own. To get Clayton and Scannell for a figure of around 1-2 million is not exactly throwing silly money around. When we do make our move, I suspect we will be talking fees far in excess of what Huddersfield have paid out. Milan is ambitious and certainly won't settle for us being also rans behind Huddersfield

Woodgate: crock. Parnaby: if he hadn't gone back to Boro, looked like signing for Carlisle. Leadbitter: hardly pulled up trees for Ipswich and will have a tough act to follow replacing Robson.

Not sure i'd be happy if we'd spent £1.5m on Scannel and Clayton.

Scannel was abit part in a club that lingers between midtable and the bottom 3.

Clayton had a year left on his deal. Leeds farmed him out on loan twice, he only got in the team after that because Johnson and Kilkenny moved on.

They should sign Michael Owen as well.

At least Woodgate would have someone to keep him company sat in the medical room all the time.

People keep banging on about, if we're going to challenge for promotion this season, blah, blah, blah. Why haven't we signed Scannell? Why haven't we signed Clayton? Why are we looking at Norris and Henderson?

Well, if we are going to challenge, I think we'd be better equipped by signing players who know the division inside out, rather than players who are still wet behind the ears and finding their feet at this level.

Semedo was hardly a 'sexy' signing, but look at him now, we'd all fall at his feet. Signings like that aren't going to set OT alight but they'll prove their worth where it matters, on the pitch.

No good just saying it, Dave Jones really does know what he's doing. He's been doing it close to two decades; us lot have never done it.