clayton to huddersfield

Guest cabangaowl

Nobody's saying Scannell and Clayton are worldbeaters but they are decent signings at this level Personally I wouldn't go near Norris or Darius Henderson as I feel we should, and will, be looking at better. Megson brought in plenty of players with experience and character but most of those we are now struggling to get rid of If we are to challenge for the Premiership we will need better than Norris and Henderson. Thats my opinion, yours is different, I respect that, and it will be DJ's opinion that holds sway

Nobody's saying Scannell and Clayton are worldbeaters but they are decent signings at this level Personally I wouldn't go near Norris or Darius Henderson as I feel we should, and will, be looking at better. Megson brought in plenty of players with experience and character but most of those we are now struggling to get rid of If we are to challenge for the Premiership we will need better than Norris and Henderson. Thats my opinion, yours is different, I respect that, and it will be DJ's opinion that holds sway

I understand where you are coming from. Now for one, I can't understand how people would rate Clayton that much higher than Norris? I don't understand your beef with him. He'd be a very good signing at this level. Secondly we are looking at bringing in talented youngsters too, Treacy, Antonio etc and already have Mattock, Lee and Maguire. So I'm not Disheartened like some are on here about Huddersfields dealings so far.

I just have no idea what on earth you are basing your opinion on. We know that we need goals. Norris and Darius had two of the best scoring records for their positions in the division.

It's hard to do better than that, especially when you take into account that we won't be spending £5m on transfers and shelling out £3m on Whittingham or £1.5m on Koren. Obviously, everyone has an opinion, always good to offer an alternative though.

Football ain't Moneyball, but because of the perspective that Norris and Henderson aren't 'fashionable' players, they're undervalued players for what they produce.

Nor me, not disheartened at all. In fact I'm unusually buoyant, in all honesty I've never wavered from my belief that we will really push the boat out this season in an attempt to get promotion. Comments coming out of the club about possible signings have reenforced that feeling that we will shock a few with our dealings. I see the fact that we were not competing with Huddersfield for the likes of Scannell and Clayton as a sign that we have set our sights much higher

Guest Sunflower

I see the fact that we were not competing with Huddersfield for the likes of Scannell and Clayton as a sign that we have set our sights much higher

is it a fact though? Time will tell on the quality of each clubs signings. One thing for sure is Hudds needed to strengthen far more than you do, and we are doing. Quite impressed so far, and looking like we could well keep our star man too :rolleyes:

Guest DronfieldOwl77

Only time will tell whether its a fact or not, but I genuinely believe we are going to make some very big signings

I agree, however i still believe Norris would be a very good signing but i wouldn't touch Henderson with a barge pole unless it had dog poo on the end and i needed to wipe it on something.

Only time will tell whether its a fact or not, but I genuinely believe we are going to make some very big signings

On FM12 I've just blown my budget on Antonio, Marshall & ALF

Sold Coke, COG, Jones, Jones & Jones

Filled the rest of the squad freebies that will 'reyt signings if they stay fit'

Jobs a good 'in

is it a fact though? Time will tell on the quality of each clubs signings. One thing for sure is Hudds needed to strengthen far more than you do, and we are doing. Quite impressed so far, and looking like we could well keep our star man too :rolleyes:

Think you will keep him as well, aminly because the amount of money offered for him seems to have dropped by half.

Keep him, if he bangs a few in, you might get some high offers in January again. If you get offered £4m for any player in this division, youve got to seriously consider selling him. you can buy so many replacments with that..

Anyone claiming they wouldn't be happy had we have signed Scannell and Clayton are clearly having themselves on The amount of people on here who were getting all excited about Roberts, Norris and Darius flippingHenderson was unbelievable. Me, I expect better and I'm sure we will deliver better Show some ambition for flip sake

Not a fan of Scannell, and the only Clayton I know played full back for Man Utd in the early 90's!

I think some people are forgetting it is the first week of July FFS! Maybe clubs like Huddersfield are pulling off these deals early cos no other f*cker wants them? Just a thought...

Guest Sunflower

Not a fan of Scannell, and the only Clayton I know played full back for Man Utd in the early 90's!

I think some people are forgetting it is the first week of July FFS! Maybe clubs like Huddersfield are pulling off these deals early cos no other f*cker wants them? Just a thought...

just a thought with a hint of envy maybe? As you seem to be looking more at the free transfer market?

Don't kid yourself, you'd be very happy if you'd signed Scannell, Dixon, Norwood & Clayton with more to come..

I don't know any of the players hudds have signed, call it ignorant but I don't.

Come to that, I've only heard of Kirkland that we've signed

We have not signed our attacking players yet or the ones that cost money.

Wait till then.

Yes hudds are brining in some decent talent but we are too.

It will make for healthy competition.

What's this got to do with Terry Burton?

Stop spamming the board.

just a thought with a hint of envy maybe? As you seem to be looking more at the free transfer market?

Don't kid yourself, you'd be very happy if you'd signed Scannell, Dixon, Norwood & Clayton with more to come..

Yes we would be happy if we had signed them but we haven't and we don't really give a ****. They're good players but by no means amazing and wont gurantee you a good season.

Let's just wait and see what happens.

Norwood and Clayton yes, the other two no.

huddersfield town have nothing that sheffield wednesday envy ...never have,dont now ,never will have ...........