clayton to huddersfield

Guest cabangaowl

Guest cabangaowl

Just been tweeted by Percy he's joining them for £500,000. Given we were linked does anyone think we've missed out on something

Guest wilyfox

Glad to see a club come up from L1 and show genuine ambition.

Ouch! Milan felt that one in the ribs...

There side needs major strengthening to compete at a championship level. The one that finished last season was very very average. They've made a good start in Scannell and Clayton but they need quite a bit more than that.

Not fussed at all about missing out on Clayton.

Wasn't Huddersfield's wage bill rather large last season? And Clayton turned down a new deal at Leeds because he, reportedly, wanted a rather large wage.

Norwood and Quinn can't have come cheap either, as other Champ teams were interested, and the only draw with Hudds that I see is, the money they're probably offering.

Don't know much about this Dervite they've signed; think he used to play for Spurs. I was happy to see us linked with Scannell when we were in League One, but for me, too much of an enigma - another to burst onto the scene and then plateau.

Fair play to Hudds, though, they've got some good young talent there now. But as always, they look to be lacking know-how in this league, backbone, and just those strong characters that get you over the line (yeah, they've got P.Clarke, but I don't rate him).

Think they could finish above us this season. If they do, sure Sunflower et al will be back crowing, but money comes and money goes. This club has got things they'll never have.

Guest wilyfox

Wasn't Huddersfield's wage bill rather large last season? And Clayton turned down a new deal at Leeds because he, reportedly, wanted a rather large wage.

Norwood and Quinn can't have come cheap either, as other Champ teams were interested, and the only draw with Hudds that I see is, the money they're probably offering.

Don't know much about this Dervite they've signed; think he used to play for Spurs. I was happy to see us linked with Scannell when we were in League One, but for me, too much of an enigma - another to burst onto the scene and then plateau.

Fair play to Hudds, though, they've got some good young talent there now. But as always, they look to be lacking know-how in this league, backbone, and just those strong characters that get you over the line (yeah, they've got P.Clarke, but I don't rate him).

Think they could finish above us this season. If they do, sure Sunflower et al will be back crowing, but money comes and money goes. This club has got things they'll never have.

?? :st2:

?? :st2:

They signed that Paul Quinn off one of the Scots sides, haven't they. Definitely read there were 2/3 other teams interested in him. Maybe Cardiff. Anyway, sides you'd consider bigger than Hudds. So it was either location or cash which did it.

Guest wilyfox

They signed that Paul Quinn off one of the Scots sides, haven't they. Definitely read there were 2/3 other teams interested in him. Maybe Cardiff. Anyway, sides you'd consider bigger than Hudds. So it was either location or cash which did it.

oh right - i had no idea. thought there might be Osama Quinn Laden movement for a moment there...