Top 15 Premier & Football league attendances this season

Personally i would hate Hillsborough to be turned into a bowl .

I love the fact that there are four distinct stands

Nothing against those 4 stands being upgraded just wouldn't want the corners filling in

I know what you're saying but I disagree with regards to those plans. Yes a couple of the corners get filled in, however, each stand still has its own distinct feeling:

Kop - has the bar along the top to hold the roof up

South - got the clock triangle

West - be absolutely MASSIVE

North - got all the flags along the top

Manchester United...75627

Arsenal...60111

Newcastle...52388

Manchester City...47422

Sunderland...47751

Liverpool...45071

Chelsea...41830

Aston Villa...40053

Everton...39510

OWLS...37/38k

Tottenham Hotspur...36274

West Ham...35000

Leeds United...33366

Derby County...33010

Southampton...32363

:milan: :milan: :milan: :milan: :milan: :milan: :milan:

Out of that list of teams, place them in our situation in League One and how many would get 38000???

Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool & Aston Villa??

Newcastle not long ago averaged around 15000, Sunderland the same.

Guest on the band wagon

never really liked the proposed development, thought that the filling in on the kop/north, the west exstension and the NW corner looked a bit odd

As others have said not pushing for us to have a bowl but this felt like a bit of a rush job for the bid

I didn't say the total attendances this season I said TOP ie the highest gate each team has achieved didn't think it was that confusing really......

I think best way to phrase it is "there are only 9 teams in the entire country who have had a higher attendance than us this season, and none of them are outside the Premiership"

I think best way to phrase it is "there are only 9 teams in the entire country who have had a higher attendance than us this season, and none of them are outside the Premiership"

Bit long for a thread title tho :biggrin:

Out of that list of teams, place them in our situation in League One and how many would get 38000???

Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool & Aston Villa??

I always think this. The first two, yes, but I'm not so sure about the others. Arsenals fans go because footy is trendy at the moment, put them in the 2nd/3rd for 12 years there's no way they would get our attendances. Liverpools fanbase (like Leeds) is because of their popularity in the first TV age. Villa and Everton, no way. Many people go to watch the top players who would vanish if they collpased like us, and because the team is in the news and on TV. Only the die hards would remain and except for the two Manchester clubs the others don't have a bigger fanbase than us.

Guest totemowl

So after Saturday, in all likedlihood, we'll have the two highest attendances outside the Premiership.

Well done, lads and lasses.

The new plans for the stadium are awesome. With the filled in corners and capacity crowd it would become an intimidating place for away teams with an even better atmosphere. Superb and I just hope I live long enough to see it happen.

Thats only true of 2 or 3 seasons in Newcastle's history - historically their averages have always been far bigger than ours. We've only averaged over 30k about 3 or 4 seasons in our entire history, they've done at least that in most post-war years.

Manchester United...75627

Arsenal...60111

Newcastle...52388

Manchester City...47422

Sunderland...47751

Liverpool...45071

Chelsea...41830

Aston Villa...40053

Everton...39510

OWLS...37/38k

Tottenham Hotspur...36274

West Ham...35000

Leeds United...33366

Derby County...33010

Southampton...32363

:milan: :milan: :milan: :milan: :milan: :milan: :milan:

Cheers for the stat, just goes to show, still a big club like BFR said at Brentford.