Connection to Wednesday Players Past or Present

Guest WednesdayGibbo

When me and my mate were kids we used to walk all the way upto the sothall estate just to chuck things at phil kings windows so he would come out and chase us, just so we could see him! Then we could tell everyone at school we'd been chased by phil king. I saw him after a friendly a few seasons ago and told him, he saw the funny side but said he remembers it and if he had ever caught us he'd have give us a leathering! Top bloke.

Guest bully87

I remember last game of season v Ipswich at home in 94 and we walked out of the ground late on as we stayed behind....can't remember why i wanted to get back and watch Noels house party as i was only a wee child.....as we were walking past the clubs car park David Hirst is pulling out in his range rover...he looks at us as we are walking towards him and he stops and says

"Oh you alreyt Norm (my Dad)" me and my brother were catching flies our gobs were open that much

we were stood there as David Hirst had a full blown convo with my dad as though they were bezzies...he even offered us a lift to the car :O

asking my dad how he knew him he said "there was a burglery to his next door neighbour few years ago and i worked the case (he's a copper my dad) and me and hirsty just got chatting and that now i do him a few favours :ph34r: "

As you do Dad

my momar used to work in the suites at Hillsborough years ago so she used to know all the players like Carlton Palmer, David Hirst, Chris Waddle. My grandad she wrote 'class on grass' for Roland Nilsson on something once and that's how his nickname came about. Not sure about that one though lol

we did have a rather large collection of shirts though.

Guest wednesdayloyal

I did the plumbing on Chris o Grady's flat at handsworth he don't live there he rents it out

he lives on the new barratts estate in handsworth and as a few properties around there, anyway that leads me to the story that i see him all the time as my mrs looks after 2 of his kids at the nursery she works at

Went to same schools as Kevin Pressman. Played in same school team as him for many years. He was so much better than anyone else in any of the school teams. Scored shed loads past him over the years lol

Also at school with Ron Springett's daughter gary megson

Unfortunately, Len Badger's daughter was there to and some offspring of Tony Curries :st2:

The school was ours,

the school was ours,

flip of united,

the school was ours!!!!!!!

Edited by Simaniac Owl

David Hirst was trying to chat my sister up in Japanese Whispers nightclub in Barnsley on a Friday night before we had a home game the day after.

I had a bit of a laugh with him and told him he had better have a good game tommorow and shouldnt be out before the game.

Of course he had a good game the day after.