Connection to Wednesday Players Past or Present

used to work with 60s squad player robin hardy for years , he was a right character allways telling us stories about his time at wednesday wich included the bribery scandal , playing in europe and games with and against some of the biggest names of that era , he would keep us transfixed for hours when he had the chair . also worked with hasney aljofrres cousin for a short while

Gave my Wednesday scarf to John Harkes as he came down the Wembley steps after getting his winners medal in '93. That's 'my scarf' he's wearing in the celebration photo's.

Roger Wylde and Brian Hornsby and their respective families houses were round the corner from my moms when they were playing for us.

Megson's lived next door to my ex- girlfriends aunty.

Mark Smith lived a few doors down from my aunty in Shirecliff when he was a kid

Used to see Mick Lyons quite often when he was managing a local team here in Perth - I never had the 'balls' to say hello to him.

Once interviewed John Pearson for a sports lecturers job.

Used to work at hallam towers hotel and served many of players and managers. Hirsty sometimes stayed night before match for some reason and I often used to smuggle pint of lager disguised as blackcurrent juice.

In the sixties my grandad used to run a landscaping business and employed players who worked a second job in the afternoons to top up their wages.