Connection to Wednesday Players Past or Present

My mum once walked up to Chris Waddle in the Casbah, told him he was my dad's hero then goes and plants him one on the lips.

Carlton Palmer sent my mum & dad a congratulations card on the birth of my elder sister, dad worked for a woman who's

brother-in-law was renting out an house in Wickersley to Palmer at the time.

My nan as a kid used to play football in Popple Street, Fir Vale with a kid named Derek Dooley!!

Met a few over the years, loads of Wednesday types used to go to Aitch's in Bakewell where I worked as a lad.

Danny Wilson was my favourite, always had a chat and ask for wine recommendations and always left a MASSIVE tip. Top bloke

Other than that, Des Walker once crashed me a ciggie in the Market Bar in Nottingham. Smoked like a chimney did Des

And David Hirst gave me a hug when I met him at a party... I'm not gay but did do a small sex wee

Oh yeah and Reda follows me on twitter! :reda:

Niclas Alexandersson and Dejan Stefanovic both lived on my road when I was a kid. Stefanovic lived next door and his drive was our basketball court, he used to come out and play sometimes when we were out there.

Chris Waddle used to come watch our junior team 'Porter', once we were defending a corner and he was behind the goal, I was on the post. He told me to not let go of the post until the ball had been cleared, I ended up clearing it off the line.

I work with a bloke who went to uni with Chris Turner's son!

To top it off, I sold Simon Donnelly a tin of Dulux emulsion when I worked at Homebase down Meadowhall Retail Park!

While i was working, i used to see Waddler ( WAD 8 ) picking up his son from school.

Wasn't it L1 WAD?

I worked with brian joicey just after he packed the game in,met some right characters including big jack,ron glavin,terry curran and many more on a regular basis.

Went with him to his oakwell testimonial,Alan clarke threw all the gate recipts in a suitcase,coppers,notes the lot,it came up just short of 5k and clarky threw in about 150 quid to round it up,sam ellis got his todger out in the club bar,and norman hunter wanted to deck him,as a few wives were in there,ellis was a right arsehole.

I used to get tuns of inside info back then,great fun was brian,he has some great stories.

Later in years,i also had loads of dealings with gerry young and johnny quinn,through business,they were boyhood heros of mine,also met Fantham many times,very quiet bloke,he was an aquaintance of my old fellas.

More recently,iv done business with ex pig,disgraced former chairman hinchcliffe,at his birds place up behind nether edge hospital,smarmy thrower,hasnt changed much.....

Guest one gary shelton

I went to the same school in Walsall as your former assistant manager, Kevin Summerfield, Joseph Leckie Comp. Played against him him once in a house match in 1971.

Edited by one gary shelton

Got many memories

I suppose a mad one was going to the PFA Awards in LondonAnd after going out to a club with Imre Varadi and Mel Serland then staying up all night playing 3 card Bragg .

Edited by hugeowl

Guest Distraught!
Unless he changed it. Pretty sure he had an Audi.

I remember standing outside the South Stand before a match back in 1993. Waddle pulled up in Bentley (not two seater) at the time with, I seem to remember, WAD1 on the index plate. Brighty was sat at the side of him at the time.