Mandaric is not happy!

Guest Lita.swfc

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. If GM had won more convincingly, it would have convinced Milan that the dip in form was just down to bad luck. As it was, we didn't and MM probably felt that something needed changing. Believe it or not, I don't agree with GM's sacking, but can also see MM's reasoning behind it.

gm would have won more convincingly if he had been allowed to sign the players he wanted mellor /le fondre and probably others we havnt heard about but its finished now he,s gone and for the good of the club i'll be backing jones and hope he gets better support from the chairman than gary did.........just one point if he decided 2 weeks ago, who's decision was it to sign antonio just seems strange to let the manager sign someone when you know he's going to be sacked .

gm would have won more convincingly if he had been allowed to sign the players he wanted mellor /le fondre and probably others we havnt heard about but its finished now he,s gone and for the good of the club i'll be backing jones and hope he gets better support from the chairman than gary did.........just one point if he decided 2 weeks ago, who's decision was it to sign antonio just seems strange to let the manager sign someone when you know he's going to be sacked .

This is my feelings too......we needed someone like Antonio regardless who was manager, just a shame we couldn't get him in 10 matches ago.

I didn't agree with sacking Megson and I must admit at initially being quite pi55ed off towards Mandaric. However, upon listening to the press conference, he made one point which puts everything into perspective. Something along the lines of "I didn't come here to win a popularity contest, I came here to do what is best for this Football club" He has put his money where his mouth is and will stand to lose more financially than anyone else if this decision turns out to be the wrong one.

In hindsight, I think that is the best thing about having a business man in charge instead of someone with an emotional attachment to the club. As a fan, I wouldn't have sacked Megson because of who he is, what he stands for and the fact I was desperate to see him succeed.

i wouldnt have had any qualms about sacking him for who he his ,what he stands for or if i was desperate for him to succeed but i 'd certainly think twice before i sacked for being 3rd in the league with players that were probably his third or fourth choice ..

Guest londonowl1

We lost to Exeter, Chesterfield and Stevenage, we haven't looked convincing all season.

We win one match and all is forgotten, sadly it doesn't work like that.

We beat Yeovil and i said after the game that it looked like an Irvine team, Milan see's these things too and won't tolerate it.

We can only hope that a few fresh ideas around the place will push us on now and have a good go at United in 2nd place.

If we go on a run some will be saying we left it too long, thats football.

exactly this

i wouldnt have had any qualms about sacking him for who he his ,what he stands for or if i was desperate for him to succeed but i 'd certainly think twice before i sacked for being 3rd in the league with players that were probably his third or fourth choice ..

I agree, but that's my point. IMO Milan didn't sack Megson based on our league position, I think their relationship had deteriorated to such a level that Milan didn't think they could work together.

Todays press conference was a low key affair - not surprising

Paul Walker asked the questions everyone was wondering and cheesed Milan off a little

Milan is very clearly upset by the criticism he's facing currently and obviously see's his dismissal of gary megson as something that had to happen (for one reason or another) and is clearly hurt that the fans are critical of him personally.

He's stipulating time and again that he's done it for the right reasons, and to trust him to get it right

It took seven attempts to get it right at leicester thats a lot of TRUST

We lost to Exeter, Chesterfield and Stevenage, we haven't looked convincing all season.

We win one match and all is forgotten, sadly it doesn't work like that.

We beat Yeovil and i said after the game that it looked like an Irvine team, Milan see's these things too and won't tolerate it.

We can only hope that a few fresh ideas around the place will push us on now and have a good go at United in 2nd place.

If we go on a run some will be saying we left it too long, thats football.

We were a damn sight more convincing than last season when GM took over. I keep saying Mandaric at his age doesn't do 5 year plans. He wants instant !!...........and if we don't get promotion then sorry but DJ is history and the search for yet another manager will get going on the Mandaric merry go round.

The same fans criticising Milan for firing Megson are exactly the same fans who would have been baying for Megsons blood if we'd lost at home to the Blades

Definitely true.

And had the sacking been announced on the Monday after the Chesterfield game, the same set of fans wouldn't have kicked up a fuss at all.

The biggest mistake Mandaric made was letting Megson take charge of the Sheffield United game. That will now be the abiding memory 99% have of Megson. A victory against our biggest rivals.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. If GM had won more convincingly, it would have convinced Milan that the dip in form was just down to bad luck. As it was, we didn't and MM probably felt that something needed changing. Believe it or not, I don't agree with GM's sacking, but can also see MM's reasoning behind it.

Megson didnt go because of results he went because he didnt get the financial backing as promised fact

Guest Bedders

The same fans criticising Milan for firing Megson are exactly the same fans who would have been baying for Megsons blood if we'd lost at home to the Blades

Sorry Neil but that's the biggest load of rubbish I've heard!

Most fans realised that Megson was given nothing to spend or work with.....bugger all at the side of Irvine!

If you want to go down the business route that Milan talks......we just sacked the manager that has got lots of Owls interested back in the going again.....& he's probably just got the sack after being a big part of generating the biggest gate income for a very long time! No I don't know what 'goals' or 'targets' were set for Megson so we'll never know if he met them.

The timing is poo & left a bitter taste in my mouth to be honest........

I'll be there still..................but I'm reserving judgement..........

Edited by Bedders

If it was about results why would Milan have trusted him to get 3 points against the pigs in what was a MASSIVE game in all aspects?!?

Also jones has 13 games to get us up automatically?? He's not in charge tomoz, he'll have little time before Tuesday to have any input and that leaves us with a possible 11 games to go and a chance of being 14 points behind the pigs (worse case scenario when both teams have 11 games left)

Results based decision my arse

Very true. I possibly fall into that catagory. Losses against bottom of the table teams, leads thrown away in injury time. Failing to give the oposition a thrashing, and often hanging on for the three points, pleading with the ref to blow his whistle.

The failure to play Ryan Lowe more often, letting Clinton get more game time than he's capable of. Bringing Madine straight back into the starting line up when he clearly wasn't match fit.

Now the dust has settled, maybe Milan was right in sacking Megson after all.

That said Megson seemed to have nurtured a great team spirit, brought in a few decent signings. though was not fully backed in the transfer window.

Hard to make my mind up to be honest.