Mandaric is not happy!

Guest Lita.swfc

Just seen it and looking at that he was deffo sacked cos of results not some bust up that many would like to believe

"if we don't change manager's today we can forget about automatic promotion" :rolleyes::ph34r:

or was it something like that ?

Edited by owls-swfc

Biggest win difference in our favour is by 2 goals, all season. This is another thing Milan would have looked at, because we weren't convincing enough when winning under Megson.

3-0 v Exeter.

But I do take your point, we haven't really been concincing enough.

Just heard DJ talking to PW sounds like the pig had a go a winding MM up.

I heard that too and by the sounds of it Walker was trying to rail road Mandaric and you could see Dave Jones was far from impressed too.

Me personally, I'm glad that we have got a good manager in quickly rather than letting this whole situation drag on. We have been far from convincing all season, not really putting any sides in what is a poor division to the sword convincingly and recent performances at home to the likes of Hartlepool, Stevenage, Yeovil and watching us hang on against Tranmere in the end left me wondering where exactly we were going this season as well as Megson's constant insistance on playing two holding mid-fielders in the middle at home even though it clearly wasn't working

I do wonder if we'd be getting this out cry if we'd lost to United on Sunday and like when Sturrock was sacked for Laws, I dare say that if the new manager gets off to a good start that the past will soon be forgotten. I certainly hope so.

Welcome to Hillsborough Dave Jones.

Guest Big Guns

You seriously believe that BG?

The great big obvious one to help you notice is the lack of "Thank You" or "Wish You Well In The Future" type comments on official statement when Megson lost his job.

It's obvious they fell out. You're deluding yourself if you can't see that.

They fell out obviously but that's cos of the results things will have got out of hand and theres only one winner and the results bye bye megson

Edited by Big Guns

Guest Bald Owl

I felt sorry for Milan watching that. For so long we have backed him as our saviour, and now suddenly (I hate to say) most of our fans have turned on him. Get behind him and move on.

I would have been happy to move forward if we'd have brought someone in better but this decision baffles me. There's more to this than meets the eye. We will always be in his debt for saving us but i'm not sure he's acting in the best interests of our club!

Guest Big Guns

"if we don't change manager's today we can forget about automatic promotion" :rolleyes::ph34r:

or was it something like that ?

lol it would have been exactly like that

We win one match and all is forgotten, sadly it doesn't work like that.

While I was among the fans shocked by the timing, it has to be said that the amount of fans on here talking about our "momentum" being ruined by Megson getting sacked was nearly as bizarre. If you wanna talk momentum, then its not been moving upwards over the last few months.

Its odd to sack a manager after a home derby win and with so little time left in the season, but not that odd to sack a manager after the run we've just had.

I would have been happy to move forward if we'd have brought someone in better but this decision baffles me.

Better than Dave Jones? Who has achieved more than Dave Jones and is available right now to replace Megson?

Haven't seen the press conference yet. But I agree totally with the sentiment that we have failed to win games with any real conviction.

Just look at the goal differences - Wednesday are woefully behind (and that's equivalent to another point at the end of the season) almost all of the top six clubs (excl Carlise).

I just hope it not goal difference that leaves us in 3rd place when league closes.

They fell out obviously but that's cos of the results things will have got out of hand and theres only one winner and the results bye bye megson

megson's no dumpling, and he'd see that coming...

the derby victory gave him the ideal platform to exit with...

from the celebrations after the goal, and at the end, it looks like the players knew something was afoot too...

milan's not had a decent reputation for some time now in relation to patience with managers, that may not bother him too much, as to him it's a business venture...

but, this will not have helped with it...

jones will need a miracle to win automatic, so it's likely to be the play-off's...

we all know that's a 1-4 chance...

megson will gain more kudos with this parting than milan will...

Guest utOwlz

Last time we appointed Megson the FULL press conference went up on wednesday player, does anybody have a feeling that this time they will either not put it up, or will edit it to not show Milan going off on one like he did, he was clearly wound up, he owns the club so he can decide if he wants to be shown like that to the fans on Wednesday player, personally id LOVE to see the full press conference go up on Wednesday player today :rolleyes:

Last time we appointed Megson the FULL press conference went up on wednesday player, does anybody have a feeling that this time they will either not put it up, or will edit it to not show Milan going off on one like he did, he was clearly wound up, he owns the club so he can decide if he wants to be shown like that to the fans on Wednesday player, personally id LOVE to see the full press conference go up on Wednesday player today :rolleyes:

yep

Todays press conference was a low key affair - not surprising

Paul Walker asked the questions everyone was wondering and cheesed Milan off a little

Milan is very clearly upset by the criticism he's facing currently and obviously see's his dismissal of gary megson as something that had to happen (for one reason or another) and is clearly hurt that the fans are critical of him personally.

He's stipulating time and again that he's done it for the right reasons, and to trust him to get it right

Owlstalk Shop

I felt sorry for Milan watching that. For so long we have backed him as our saviour, and now suddenly (I hate to say) most of our fans have turned on him. Get behind him and move on.

Not most of our fans but a small proportion. The majority still back him IMO.

Guest pops55

megson's no dumpling, and he'd see that coming...

the derby victory gave him the ideal platform to exit with...

from the celebrations after the goal, and at the end, it looks like the players knew something was afoot too...

milan's not had a decent reputation for some time now in relation to patience with managers, that may not bother him too much, as to him it's a business venture...

but, this will not have helped with it...

jones will need a miracle to win automatic, so it's likely to be the play-off's...

we all know that's a 1-4 chance...

megson will gain more kudos with this parting than milan will...

Think it was Nev on FH last night saying That Pearson left LC because of MM and Aldridge. Having said that i will back MM and DJ becuase i'm Wednesday through and through, jury is still out on Aldridge.

Edited by pops55

Guest utOwlz

Todays press conference was a low key affair - not surprising

Paul Walker asked the questions everyone was wondering and cheesed Milan off a little

Milan is very clearly upset by the criticism he's facing currently and obviously see's his dismissal of gary megson as something that had to happen (for one reason or another) and is clearly hurt that the fans are critical of him personally.

He's stipulating time and again that he's done it for the right reasons, and to trust him to get it right

Yes but will we get to see it on Wednesday player is the question lol