Mandaric is not happy!

Guest Lita.swfc

It's not necessarily about better, buy maybe about different. MM may have felt that we needed something different. I know GM has managed in the Premier League, but Dave Jones mentioned in the press conference that he finished 3rd in the championship last year, and consistently finished in the play-offs throughout his time there. So he's not that bad, is he?

I would have been happy to move forward if we'd have brought someone in better but this decision baffles me. There's more to this than meets the eye. We will always be in his debt for saving us but i'm not sure he's acting in the best interests of our club!

Guest totemowl

Think it was Nev on FH last night saying That Pearson left LC because of MM and Aldridge

Nev used to shower him with gifts and all that.

Now it's a love turned sour.

Guest intercity0wl

Think it was Nev on FH last night saying That Pearson left LC because of MM and Aldridge

Nope he didn't, Nev quite clearly said Aldridge, it was another caller who said that.

Guest pops55

Nope he didn't, Nev quite clearly said Aldridge, it was another caller who said that.

didn't hear who the caller was, but it sounded like Nev.

Whilst I have cringed at the level of stupidity that some people have shown, I didn't realise Milan was such a delicate flower. If sacking a manager is 'football' then so is receiving a bit of flack for your decisions.

Can understand him being p1ssed off tbh. Take the Pigs game out of the equation and I dont think anyone would have been surprised. Hes spent a lot of money this last twelve months.

If, as he says, he made the decision two weeks ago, then at that time it was perhaps the best decision. But if he did then perhaps he should have sacked him then.

Im just pleased having made the decision. he has moved quickly to get in a manager with a good record.

Whilst I have cringed at the level of stupidity that some people have shown, I didn't realise Milan was such a delicate flower. If sacking a manager is 'football' then so is receiving a bit of flack for your decisions.

nowhere near a delicate flower mate tbh I haven't heard the spat yet but I suspect and it's only my opinion that he was waiting for that 'why' question

Guest madforitowl

You mean the stupidity of the fans who are no going again this season and not getting a season ticket next season !!

Todays press conference was a low key affair - not surprising

Paul Walker asked the questions everyone was wondering and cheesed Milan off a little

Milan is very clearly upset by the criticism he's facing currently and obviously see's his dismissal of gary megson as something that had to happen (for one reason or another) and is clearly hurt that the fans are critical of him personally.

He's stipulating time and again that he's done it for the right reasons, and to trust him to get it right

Someone should let MM know that the vast majority are still support him. He should know that he can still be supported whilst people are disappointed in a decision that he has made. GM was a hugely popular manager - as popular as MM. Surely MM can see this.

No-one should be exempt from criticism. If you make tough decisions then you should be prepare for flack, however, you should concentrate on the constructive criticism and not the 'shi1t for brains' stuff.

I fully support MM and I will fully support DJ, however, I was (and I am still if I'm honest) dissapointed about GM leaving the club.

I said in an earlier thread that it would be juvenile and naïve to interpret the dissapointment expressed about GMs sacking as taking sides - I stand by that statement. I am sure that MM doesn't believe that sides are being taken.

Lets not start sh1tting ourselves.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. If GM had won more convincingly, it would have convinced Milan that the dip in form was just down to bad luck. As it was, we didn't and MM probably felt that something needed changing. Believe it or not, I don't agree with GM's sacking, but can also see MM's reasoning behind it.

Sorry pal, but winning while not being convincing is absurd, MM and gary megson would still have been best of buddies if we had won a few more games while not being convincing.

I would have been happy to move forward if we'd have brought someone in better but this decision baffles me. There's more to this than meets the eye. We will always be in his debt for saving us but i'm not sure he's acting in the best interests of our club!

Even if you think that Milan is in the club for financial reasons, even if you think he is building the club up to sell on for a profit, Promotion to the Championship will make the value of the club sybstantially higher. Therefore, our interests are identical at the moment. Fact.

nowhere near a delicate flower mate tbh I haven't heard the spat yet but I suspect and it's only my opinion that he was waiting for that 'why' question

No, I haven't heard so it was more of an abstract comment. Football is emotive though, if he doesn't know that then he really should.

Guest Row20

Good post. My feelings exactly he hasn 't made the money he's made without upsetting a few people on the way so don't see why he didn't see this coming unless he genuinely doesnt get the passion we and GM have for this club

I didn't agree with sacking Megson and I must admit at initially being quite pi55ed off towards Mandaric. However, upon listening to the press conference, he made one point which puts everything into perspective. Something along the lines of "I didn't come here to win a popularity contest, I came here to do what is best for this Football club" He has put his money where his mouth is and will stand to lose more financially than anyone else if this decision turns out to be the wrong one.

In hindsight, I think that is the best thing about having a business man in charge instead of someone with an emotional attachment to the club. As a fan, I wouldn't have sacked Megson because of who he is, what he stands for and the fact I was desperate to see him succeed.

Edited by Junglejay

It's not that he doesn't get it. It's simply not important to him. Cash is.

I said six months ago he wouldn't be pouring 'Milans Millions' into the club and i got labelled a small time troll.

He's a speculator, he wants a return on his cash.