I'm not THAT hysterical

january no incomings we needed the impetus of at least three decent players in key positions , GM knew this ,we knew this milan stated this ,

what did we get zilch ,what did we end up with bostic, mike jones who plays like a rabbit in headlights , the only one worthy of a place upto now is Antonio ,and it looks like he was only bought in because jj got injured ,

we needed quality did that happen no , GM had his hands tied and was hamstrung by decisions from above ,,so all this bowlax that he was rubish because we lost to lesser side,s doesent sit ,He needed the tools for the job he got none ,

Bywater. Llera. Batth. Bostock. Jones. Antonio.

All signed from late December. Any other clubs in our division signed 6 players in the same time?

MASSIVE overreaction on here tonight and at last a sensible thread. If this had happened last week without an impending derby game on the back of 4 defeats I suspect none of this hysteria would have been prevalent.

For the record I do think GM did a very good job, pleased he got chance to win on Sunday and go out a hero but really can anyone hand on heart say they we have played well for 90 minutes this season, we have not exactly hammered anyone (although 3 points is 3 points our goal difference is dreadful) and maybe MM acknowledged that the style of football needs to change, Stoke aside who else has been successful recently playing our brand of football?

I for one see no issue with approaching another manager while GM is in place, obvious that everyone knew where they stood and expect us to appoint quickly at such a critical point in the season. Personally I would have left GM in post until the end of the season but we do not know the atmosphere behind closed doors or just how far gone the relationship was and maybe having a dead man walking scenario would have caused more harm than good.

The king is dead, long live the king.... it's never dull being an Owl and urge everyone to get behind the club, show some respect to Milan stop all these over the top threads and look forward to what the rest of the week brings and 3 points on Saturday.

I'm with you Kivo.

Some of the posts on this site are bordering on unhinged. Booing the new manager? Get rid of Mandaric? Never going again?

The football was crap. End of. This was ok if results are going well, but they haven't since December. Megson changed the team for 14 consecutive games. There was only the same side selected consecutively for two games in around 21. It's March and we don't know our best 11.

People slating Dave Jones. He got Stockport promoted from this division. Stockport. He also took them to the league cup semi final. He got wolves promoted to the premiership. He almost did the same with cardiff, and he got them to the FA cup final. His achievements are at least equal to Megsons, with a better style of football.

Is he the man? That's for Milan to decide. Protests and booing will not change things.

And I'm with you both.

The football was poo , how many teams have we turned over with ease this season?

And don't give me any of this budget poo .... do Norwich have a top half premier league budget? Do Forest have a smaller budget than Barnsley seeing as they're below them?

I feel sorry for Megson, but come on.... if it had been anyone else who didn't happen to be a Wednesdayite in this very situation the verdict on here would have been different.

Edited by g-owls

Love seeing all these threads about dave jones being hired and people angry at megson being sacked.

I still don't see any problem with people being angry about Megson's sacking. It was an enormous risk that could have spectacularly backfired. In fact, let's be honest, despite a sensational run of 32 points from 36 available, it almost wasn't enough. And who knows what might have happened in the long run if Jones had failed in the play-offs? There would have been all kinds of second guessing that could have had damaging repercussions for the following season.

Those slagging off Jones are on much shakier ground though. Whatever else might have happened, he has so far been a monumental success. So anyone who dismissed him before he even started is left looking foolish.

Guest TTOwl

Love seeing all these threads about dave jones being hired and people angry at megson being sacked.

Thanks for that Captain Hindsight.

I still don't see any problem with people being angry about Megson's sacking. It was an enormous risk that could have spectacularly backfired. In fact, let's be honest, despite a sensational run of 32 points from 36 available, it almost wasn't enough. And who knows what might have happened in the long run if Jones had failed in the play-offs? There would have been all kinds of second guessing that could have had damaging repercussions for the following season.

Those slagging off Jones are on much shakier ground though. Whatever else might have happened, he has so far been a monumental success. So anyone who dismissed him before he even started is left looking foolish.

Bang on.

It was a big risk, and its paid off. If we didn't go up this season by the sounds of things if would have definately meant failure this season according to Milan, so would that have meant the sack?

Would've left us in a right mess, thank god things worked out how they did. We're in for good times ahead now.

Edited by swfc-dan

Guest Distraught!

Enormous risk certainly, but that's Mandaric!

I think most chairmen would have bottled that decision or at least delayed it because of the derby win. According to the Sunday Times Rich List, Mandaric's wealth has accumulated by something like 50 million GBP in the past year. This at a time when many prominent business people are seeing their wealth diminishing. You don't achieve such wealth accumulation without being a calculated chancer.

Those were gifts to a saviour, my venom is invested on a destroyer. I call it as it is and have been critical of Aldridge and his motives since he brought in Klasnic and Uchechi; there had to be more to that than met the eye. Ever since he has sought to undermine what Megson has being trying to achieve.

This guy was way ahead of anyone - dropping hints about potential Ivan Klasnic switch way back then. My "venom is invested in a destroyer" is one of most OTT and surreal quotes I've read on OT. Why invest in a warship? Lot of dour Yorkshireman saw another dour Yorkshireman get sacked and then out of a sense of camaraderie and totally out of character, got totes emosh and said loads of whacky craziness. These threads are great, anyone who can be arsed to go through archives, keep bumping - way more entertaining than reading about QPR's released/retained list.

Edited by Juror8