I'm not THAT hysterical

Look at the table.

Look at our budget.

Who'd have done better?

Anyone else I'd ask if you're on the windup, but I know you just talk utter poo at times.

What poo have I spoken?

I'm not saying i'm happy Megson has gone - i'm pretty ambivalent.

I just reckon someone COULD have done better, and someone could still do better for the remainder of the season.

I'm not saying it will happen, but it could.

Megson's allegiance, and Sunday's result, are clouding people's judgement a bit I think.

Our upturn in fortunes since he came in has been great, granted, but could it have been better?

I think so.

Look at Chris Powell at Charlton - similar job in terms of re-structuring a whole squad.

What poo have I spoken?

I just reckon someone COULD have done better, and someone could still do better for the remainder of the season.

Megson's allegiance, and Sunday's result, are clouding people's judgement a bit I think.

Our upturn in fortunes since he came in has been great, granted, but could it have been better?

I think so.

Look at Chris Powell at Charlton - similar job in terms of re-structuring a whole squad.

It's all poo . Can't be flipping arsed to argue about it with you.

I think some old threads post the matches against Exeter, Stevenage and chesterfield should be re-kindled and one or two may want to re-visit their comments about Megson then and now

Im shocked, im not happy with this decision, BUT i dont want us all to be protesting against Mandaric like we used to with Dave Allen, he did save our club and i do think we owe him abit of trust, i just dont think people getting on Mandarics back now will help us when we have 13 games left to go.

Its a stupid decision and its obvious that this decision is not because of results, its because they didnt get on, simple as.

Im very dissapointed with this decision Milan, but me personally i think we should give him our trust.

What poo have I spoken?

I think so.

Rubbish. He had all his dead wood out of contract, and had a million quid to spend from the sale of the lad to Arsenal.

Megson hasn't had the freedoms that Powell had, they had their squad sorted in July, we were still scratching around for a winger in August.

First of all, I was shocked as anyone by the news tonight. Well as shocked as you can be when there has been so much unrefuted (is that word?) speculation concerning Megson's job recently.

Of course, the timing has thrown us all - to sack him just 48 hours after probably his finest hour at the club is hard to swallow right now.

But, I have to admit to not being overly disappointed.

GM has certainly brought a lot to the table since he took over. The pride & passion he has brought to the club, the way he has dragged us all off the floor after years of hurt, and re-taught us that we don't have to settle for second best, and assembled a group of players who knew what it meant to play for a club of or stature at this level and refused to be bullied off the pitch (bar Stevenage games...)

But, he has his weaknesses too. Like it or not (and I'm not bothered one bit as long as we get the results), his style of play puts a lot of people off, and he also had an Irvine-esque ability to not have a plan B when things went wrong.

It's obviously a shocking piece of news, and a big gamble by Milan, but let's remember it is HIS club. Without him, we wouldn't be here, simple as that.

I believe we owe him our trust, and believe he's making the right decision. Remember, he will know full well he sacked Irvine too late last year - he may not be willing to make the same mistake twice (he has proven that with his refusal to blow money on a push like he did last January).

I know he's a Wednesdayite, and he will be remembered for Sunday for a lifetime, but, and I'm not going to throw hats into the ring, I think we can do better, and it could be the right decision.

Rather than getting on Milan's back, we could give him our backing until the end of the season to see whether his decision was the right one.

If we're still here next season, maybe we can question him, but until then, I think we need to get behind whoever is given the job.

Wouldn't the correct time to sack GM before the January transfer window? Giving a new manager the time to acquire his own signings, and build his own squad and relationship with the team.

How can this be the right time?

New man comes in - we don't get promoted...what then? A season to rebuild? Will MM back him in the transfer market?

3 games in 7 days coming up...9 points there and you never know. Who's to say that GM wouldn't have got us up through the playoffs?

I'm sorry, but this is the worst time to sack him...and to announce it when the pigs are 1 down....give me strength.

I think I need to qualify my thoughts.

I wasn't wanting Megson sacked, in fact I was dead against it when the speculation started about a week ago.

The news is stunning, and the timing shocking.

I don't think it's a football decision, and It could well backfire on us big-time, but on the other hand it could be a masters-stroke - nobody yet knows, and to write the season off in hysterics is ridiculous.

It isn't the wrong decision, yet.

It's a HUGE gamble, Milan will know that.

He could have taken the easy option and given GM til the end of the season, and if we didn't win promotion it was GM's fault.

By undertaking this action, he's opening himself to a barrage of abuse if we don't go up.

But I reckon he's earned our trust and backing.

Just because GM is a Wednesdayite doesn't mean it's the end of the world that he's gone.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

kivo do you really want DJ or PI or Clarke talking about Wednesday post match..... really ,,, I can't even consider it sorry....

Mccarthy ... arghhh...

The only appointment that could EVER console me would be Keegan but thats ridiculous and I will never trust MM words again sorry... I've had it...

Whitby Town for me now...

Has nothing to do with the fact that Megson is a Wednesdayite.

It has everything to do with the fact that we are third in the league and had just beaten our local rivals in a crucial derby game.

I feel like we have at least partly handed all the momentum back to the lot over at S2.

We were on a high, a crest of a flipping wave, and now we are in limbo with no sodding manager.

The whole thing is a shambles.

Edited by SiJ

I wasn't wanting Megson sacked, in fact I was dead against it when the speculation started about a week ago.

I don't think it's a football decision, and It could well backfire on us big-time, but on the other hand it could be a masters-stroke - nobody yet knows, and to write the season off in hysterics is ridiculous.

He could have taken the easy option and given GM til the end of the season, and if we didn't win promotion it was GM's fault.

By undertaking this action, he's opening himself to a barrage of abuse if we don't go up.

Just because GM is a Wednesdayite doesn't mean it's the end of the world that he's gone.

No thanks.

I'm with you Kivo.

Some of the posts on this site are bordering on unhinged. Booing the new manager? Get rid of Mandaric? Never going again?

The football was crap. End of. This was ok if results are going well, but they haven't since December. Megson changed the team for 14 consecutive games. There was only the same side selected consecutively for two games in around 21. It's March and we don't know our best 11.

People slating Dave Jones. He got Stockport promoted from this division. Stockport. He also took them to the league cup semi final. He got wolves promoted to the premiership. He almost did the same with cardiff, and he got them to the FA cup final. His achievements are at least equal to Megsons, with a better style of football.

Is he the man? That's for Milan to decide. Protests and booing will not change things.

Says the person who showered him with gifts?

Those were gifts to a saviour, my venom is invested on a destroyer. I call it as it is and have been critical of Aldridge and his motives since he brought in Klasnic and Uchechi; there had to be more to that than met the eye. Ever since he has sought to undermine what Megson has being trying to achieve.

Yeah, would n't be so bad if the club statement were true. But it's testicles, you know it and I know it .'. Milan is lying to his fan base.

First of all, I was shocked as anyone by the news tonight. Well as shocked as you can be when there has been so much unrefuted (is that word?) speculation concerning Megson's job recently.

Of course, the timing has thrown us all - to sack him just 48 hours after probably his finest hour at the club is hard to swallow right now.

But, I have to admit to not being overly disappointed.

GM has certainly brought a lot to the table since he took over. The pride & passion he has brought to the club, the way he has dragged us all off the floor after years of hurt, and re-taught us that we don't have to settle for second best, and assembled a group of players who knew what it meant to play for a club of or stature at this level and refused to be bullied off the pitch (bar Stevenage games...)

But, he has his weaknesses too. Like it or not (and I'm not bothered one bit as long as we get the results), his style of play puts a lot of people off, and he also had an Irvine-esque ability to not have a plan B when things went wrong.

It's obviously a shocking piece of news, and a big gamble by Milan, but let's remember it is HIS club. Without him, we wouldn't be here, simple as that.

I believe we owe him our trust, and believe he's making the right decision. Remember, he will know full well he sacked Irvine too late last year - he may not be willing to make the same mistake twice (he has proven that with his refusal to blow money on a push like he did last January).

I know he's a Wednesdayite, and he will be remembered for Sunday for a lifetime, but, and I'm not going to throw hats into the ring, I think we can do better, and it could be the right decision.

Rather than getting on Milan's back, we could give him our backing until the end of the season to see whether his decision was the right one.

If we're still here next season, maybe we can question him, but until then, I think we need to get behind whoever is given the job.

Oh that's all right then. Sorry for being so upset. what a whoose I am.

january no incomings we needed the impetus of at least three decent players in key positions , GM knew this ,we knew this milan stated this ,

what did we get zilch ,what did we end up with bostic, mike jones who plays like a rabbit in headlights , the only one worthy of a place upto now is Antonio ,and it looks like he was only bought in because jj got injured ,

we needed quality did that happen no , GM had his hands tied and was hamstrung by decisions from above ,,so all this bowlax that he was rubish because we lost to lesser side,s doesent sit ,He needed the tools for the job he got none ,