I'm not THAT hysterical

First of all, I was shocked as anyone by the news tonight. Well as shocked as you can be when there has been so much unrefuted (is that word?) speculation concerning Megson's job recently.

Of course, the timing has thrown us all - to sack him just 48 hours after probably his finest hour at the club is hard to swallow right now.

But, I have to admit to not being overly disappointed.

GM has certainly brought a lot to the table since he took over. The pride & passion he has brought to the club, the way he has dragged us all off the floor after years of hurt, and re-taught us that we don't have to settle for second best, and assembled a group of players who knew what it meant to play for a club of or stature at this level and refused to be bullied off the pitch (bar Stevenage games...)

But, he has his weaknesses too. Like it or not (and I'm not bothered one bit as long as we get the results), his style of play puts a lot of people off, and he also had an Irvine-esque ability to not have a plan B when things went wrong.

It's obviously a shocking piece of news, and a big gamble by Milan, but let's remember it is HIS club. Without him, we wouldn't be here, simple as that.

I believe we owe him our trust, and believe he's making the right decision. Remember, he will know full well he sacked Irvine too late last year - he may not be willing to make the same mistake twice (he has proven that with his refusal to blow money on a push like he did last January).

I know he's a Wednesdayite, and he will be remembered for Sunday for a lifetime, but, and I'm not going to throw hats into the ring, I think we can do better, and it could be the right decision.

Rather than getting on Milan's back, we could give him our backing until the end of the season to see whether his decision was the right one.

If we're still here next season, maybe we can question him, but until then, I think we need to get behind whoever is given the job.

He went on a stunning high and thats all we can take from it.

No-one will do a better job, they might do a similar job, but not better.

Is this the start of the worst part of our season? if we get on the new mans back it wont help, we just need to do what the blunts did. just dont take to him until he does well, get behind the lads, hopefully they'll get behind the new man and try to keep going with our season.

I'll let you answer that yourself you absolute ***.

:unsure:

So you do?

I just think people would be a lot less hysterical if he wasn't a Wednesdayite.

His record hasn't been that great.

27 wins, 21 defeats - not exactly excellent.

I'll be sad to see him go, but i'm not going to write the season off, or refuse to believe there's someone out there who can do a better job.

I understand where Kivo is coming from on this

Emotions are raw tonight, but you should never appoint a manager who is a fan of the club or indeed played for you, cos it ends in tears

He went on a stunning high and thats all we can take from it.

No-one will do a better job, they might do a similar job, but not better.

Is this the start of the worst part of our season? if we get on the new mans back it wont help, we just need to do what the blunts did. just dont take to him until he does well, get behind the lads, hopefully they'll get behind the new man and try to keep going with our season.

You don't know that.

This is Milan's risk.

Given what he';s done for us, I reckon we should give him our trust.

:unsure:

So you do?

I just think people would be a lot less hysterical if he wasn't a Wednesdayite.

His record hasn't been that great.

27 wins, 21 defeats - not exactly excellent.

I'll be sad to see him go, but i'm not going to write the season off, or refuse to believe there's someone out there who can do a better job.

Look at the table.

Look at our budget.

Who'd have done better?

Anyone else I'd ask if you're on the windup, but I know you just talk utter poo at times.

First of all, I was shocked as anyone by the news tonight. Well as shocked as you can be when there has been so much unrefuted (is that word?) speculation concerning Megson's job recently.

Of course, the timing has thrown us all - to sack him just 48 hours after probably his finest hour at the club is hard to swallow right now.

But, I have to admit to not being overly disappointed.

GM has certainly brought a lot to the table since he took over. The pride & passion he has brought to the club, the way he has dragged us all off the floor after years of hurt, and re-taught us that we don't have to settle for second best, and assembled a group of players who knew what it meant to play for a club of or stature at this level and refused to be bullied off the pitch (bar Stevenage games...)

But, he has his weaknesses too. Like it or not (and I'm not bothered one bit as long as we get the results), his style of play puts a lot of people off, and he also had an Irvine-esque ability to not have a plan B when things went wrong.

It's obviously a shocking piece of news, and a big gamble by Milan, but let's remember it is HIS club. Without him, we wouldn't be here, simple as that.

I believe we owe him our trust, and believe he's making the right decision. Remember, he will know full well he sacked Irvine too late last year - he may not be willing to make the same mistake twice (he has proven that with his refusal to blow money on a push like he did last January).

I know he's a Wednesdayite, and he will be remembered for Sunday for a lifetime, but, and I'm not going to throw hats into the ring, I think we can do better, and it could be the right decision.

Rather than getting on Milan's back, we could give him our backing until the end of the season to see whether his decision was the right one.

If we're still here next season, maybe we can question him, but until then, I think we need to get behind whoever is given the job.

I did n't think you looked hysterical when i saw your shoe laces hanging out of Milans arsehole