GARY MEGSON SACKED !

Milan better have something up his sleeve.

He's going to look a right coont if we don't go up this year.

Better get his wallet back out because I personally expect 2nd at least now. Can't see why you'd sack Megson otherwise.

flipping stupid decision.

Megson made me proud to be a Wednesday fan.

I didn't agree with everything he did.

But I got that love for going to games back and he made my Season Ticket feel worthwhile!

I'd take Dave Jones. But if we end up with the likes of a Phil Brown I'll go absolutely spare.

I'm gobsmacked! This ranks up higher than the sacking of Dooley at Christmas

any Wednesday manager that gets us a win over the Blades goes down as a legend

Surely there's more to this than meets the eye

This is ridiculous, I recon even Dave Allen will cringe

United will be weeing themselves laughing.

Have we given up on promotion this season then?

If I was one of the players I'd be asking my agent to get me out quickly

Poor Gary, I'm absolutely gutted for him. Hope he wins Euromillions and takes over

speechless, no-one could do better than what gary megson has done for us this season, even with the bad results before the derby, hes done an amazing job, no-one could do better.

If we dont go up now, we can look back at this as a complete f*ck up by milan manderic, awful choice.

owlstalk melton down!

Speechless

The only way Milan has any chance of surviving this is if we get promoted. Otherwise it's one hell of an own goal.

Will this Club ever have stability? The players supported Megson, how are they gonna feel?

More flipping team changes. Megson hasn't even had one full season ffs.

I wouldn't want to manage a club of a chairman who sacks Managers at will, especially one who apparently interviews other mangers behind their back too.

So so angry.

This is right up there with the sacking of Dooley on Christmas Eve. What is it about People who take charge of Sheffield wednesday, that they always turn into clowns?

I am ashamed to be a Wednesdayite tonight, you have turned my club back into a laughing stock Milan.

Sadly (and I do mean sadly) I have already bought my season ticket. But first thing tomorrow I am going to ring up the credit card company and try to invoke the cooling off period, I have no wish to contribute to this farce.

feel like my heart has been ripped out; cannot believe this has actually happened. Like what has been mentioned, surely this now means that we HAVE to go up? Otherwise what would be the fecking point in sacking a honourable Wednesday man who has single handedly turned our playing fortunes around in this past year?

absolutely furious about this but i expected nothing less from mandaric

i wont be going to hillsborough again until this joke of a chairman has gone!

laughing stock of the football league once again, sick of it...

Never felt the urge to post before but this has got me so wound up.

The reaction by the players during and after the Derby show he had the backing of them, the 30'000+ Wednesdayites singing Megson's name showed Milan that we had faith in him despite the previous results.

I'm just absolutely gobsmacked. We're not even under-performing, being in the play-offs, just off automatic places is exactly where we should, and on such a tight budget.

Good luck in the future Megson, and good luck Milan. Who would want to manage under a chairman with such an twitchy finger?

gary megson Wednesday legend

Gary Megson's Wednersday record

Apps 286

Goals 33

Gary Megson's Managerial record

Games 62

Wins 27

Draws 14

Losses 21

In utter shock to say position were in and off back of a derby win.

Looks like the reports of Mandaric meeting another manager could be true.

Thanks for everything gary megson and good luck.

Edited by aeroswfc

What a disgrace. The progress we have made in the past year is remarkable. The team spirit that has been created is unlike any we have seen for about 5 seasons.

This is a terrible, terrible decision. No WEDNESDAY FAN wanted Megson to get the sack, especially after the derby win.