GARY MEGSON SACKED !

3rd in the league, passionate about the club, loved by the fans and players, just beat the Scum in front of 36,000 fans... Ridiculous decision. Who's gonna do a better job? Or want to for that matter? What kind of reception they gonna get?

Once again I am ashamed to be a Wednesdayite. MM saved the club, and we'll always be grateful for that, but this is a joke! I

3rd in the league, passionate about the club, loved by the fans and players, just beat the Scum in front of 36,000 fans... Ridiculous decision. Who's gonna do a better job? Or want to for that matter? What kind of reception they gonna get?

Once again I am ashamed to be a Wednesdayite. MM saved the club, and we'll always be grateful for that, but this is a joke! I

Is it really THAT shocking? 3 wins in 11, 4 lost in a row before Sunday. That's not great form for a promotion chasing side. IF that 1st half free kick went in for the piggies the result could've been very different, would you all be so shocked then with this sacking? Obviously that didn't happen, point is though that 1 result was never going to make a difference once Milan's mind was made up. I personally never wanted Megson in the 1st place so have to be honest and say I'm relieved, that is IF we now get a footballing Manager and not another dinosaur hoooof ball merchant. Dave Jones for me please Milan.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Never underestimate the fans of this club Mandaric.

Appalling decision at a crucial time - the automatics are gone and now you have to deal with unrest amongst the supporters and possibly the players during a playoff run in.

The fact you would rather pay compensation than acquire the two additional players we needed back in January just beggars belief.

Good luck Mr. Megson and Mr. Evans and thanks for some great times this season - my kids have never seen this, your team & our team, lose.

Oh and are you going to pay to have my Barmy Army Flag at the front of the north redone.....

Yours,

Astonished.

At least GM had the pleasure and satisfaction of going out following a truly wonderful day. Not sure about MM's thinking given that Charlton have chucked loads of money at promotion and the pigs have kept the nucleus of last years team plus a couple of astute loan signings...and we've managed a decent return against both of them without getting players in at crucial times.

It better be an inspirational signing because not sure much can change in respect of the current squad. God help who ever takes over if they don't hot the ground flipping sprinting and speed up all the way to April....and if we lose a couple of games I certainly can't see attendances going anywhere but down and S6 again becoming a mortuary for a manager.

After 60 years supporting Wednesday and after one of the best days of my life on Sunday i've taken everything the game can throw at me, but this I just can't take. I honestly believe we would have won the next three, and gone on to promotion and then GM would have taken us to the Prem. with the right backing.Even Fergie wouldn't get us back there without the money.

So the rumours were true but please tell me the one about Jones wasn't- so he comes in and we go on that long unbeaten run do we? - at least Mr. Mandaric could have waited 10 days when the picture could have been very different - can't he see we're on an all time high. I'll bet COG can't wait for Saturday to run his socks off again, Rob Jones to hug the new man etc etc. This is the first time since 1952 I've been disgusted to be an Owl. Thanks for saving us Mr. Mandaric but this is where I hang my boots up.

I was upset at another late win by united against 10 men after going behind again but now I'm just not bothered. I'll bet they can't believe their luck- they'll feel like we did on Sunday. We'll get in playoffs now (can't help it) but I'm not really interested anymore. There's one good thing- I almost just bought a season ticket.

Megson walked out on him remember.

I agree the timing is bad but before Sunday we had won 2 in 10 I believe. No were near good enough for automatic promotion. If we had lost on Sunday everyone would have wanted Megson out. You can't let one result blind the previous poor run. I feel sorry for Megson but a new manager may bring a more cutting edge to the side. Only time will tell.

Nah, I wouldn't.

It takes time to build a team, we've been sacking managers for a decade and it's got us nowhere.

Absolute disgrace.

Well our really big high moment didn't last long. Just when we should be relishing the victory on Sunday and looking forward to the upcoming games our flame has been p!issed on. It's really knocked the stuffing out of our season unless of course the new manager can work wonders and win the remaining 13 games - any bets on it happening?

Guest wewantsturrockback

crazy decision and i dont agree with it. really feel for GMm

but end of teh day its milans money, and he did save us. no that doesnt mean we can never question him - but put int in perspective without him bailing us out there is no team for us all to be talking about. without his funding our lossses this season we have no chance of going anywhere.

let's face it - assuming the new man is in for saturday, which you assume he is, he wins eveyrones happy. he loses - owlstalk and RS overheat and blow up

Looking back at reactions from team on Sunday, GM being last to leave pitch and GM's interview comments, I do not believe this decision by MM was any surprise to GM or his team.

I do hope MM knows what he is doing and hopefully achieve the promotion we all want.