GARY MEGSON SACKED !

Braced for the rep bashing, but I don't understand the outcry from a lot of Wednesday fans about Milan sacking Meggo. If he wasn't a SWFC hero from days of yore, his uninspiring football, lack of tactical nous, rubbish signings and poor results wouldn't have been tolerated as long as they have....

3rd in the League ffs. Rubbish signings and poor results?

You don't sack a Manager after a bit of a blip.

This is just baffling - yes, we've had a wobble of late. But we are 3rd, behind Charlton, who are clearly the best team in the division, and the Blades, who's wage bill absolutely dwarves ours and so logically its to be expected that they will have an advantage over a 46 game season.

I was not a fan of his appointment, and his style of play ain't great, but there's no way that he deserved to be sacked.

I just hope that everyone gets behind the next manager though - at the end of the day, the club is what we support, not a particular manager, a particular player, etc etc

Guest dean308

Need to get across our message some how in emails or phone calls asking for refunds.

Also at the matches, songs must be sung in support of the team and the manager.

Could this be the first time that players are so against a decision, that maybe they could have their say and ask for a meeting or even refuse to play?!

A player of relatively high future value in football at this level, such as Buxton, O'Grady, Semedo would surely not be risking too much by refusing to play? They would quickly find a loan move elsewhere if Aldridge refused to pay them etc...

For example, Semedo and O'Grady were big Megson signings.....surely they could put their neck on the line for the fans and their former manager.

I have never been this shocked during 20 years of supporting the club from being 6 years old.

VERY strange.

I can't think of a single Manager who would be able to change anything with no signings (loans excluded) to such an extent as to positively impact upon the remainder of the season. Surely we can only get promoted by continuing the good work Megson has put in to date? We can't change our style of play and positively impact upon results inside 13 games.

If we go up via the playoffs or automatically it'll surely be Megsons Team playing Megsons Tactics but with no Megson to lead them...

Took the words right out of my mouth,too late in the day to change anything,gutted for megson

Ermmmm, ok then.

What a bizarre decision and the timing couldn't be any worse. United are in cruise control for 2nd and we are where out budget suggests we should be.

What does Mandaric expect to happen in 13 games?

Idiotic decision. Up there with Sturrock's new 4 year contract then sacking him with a couple of weeks. I expected it from the Chairman then cos he's a knobhead (in my opinion), but I thought the current Chairman was better than this.

Feel sorry for Megson, treated like a dog here. Frustrating that Nabdaric doesn't batter an eye lid to sacking a manager at the cost of £100,000's, but won't pony up for transfers.

Very odd decision, deeply unpopular and I think Mandaric has just dropped from a 5* rating with the fans to a 2*.

Hope it pays off - otherwise Mandaric might find things become uncomfortable with 20,000 rather upset fans in the stadium.

VERY strange.

I can't think of a single Manager who would be able to change anything with no signings (loans excluded) to such an extent as to positively impact upon the remainder of the season. Surely we can only get promoted by continuing the good work Megson has put in to date? We can't change our style of play and positively impact upon results inside 13 games.

If we go up via the playoffs or automatically it'll surely be Megsons Team playing Megsons Tactics but with no Megson to lead them...

Took the words right out of my mouth,too late in the day to change anything,gutted for megson

Guest Manwithastick

some of the vitriol aimed a MM in here is rumbleing disgusting. 'joke chairman', 'Serb stinky flaps'. Wash your rumbleing mouths out.

Onward and upward.

VERY strange.

My first ever post on this site although I watch and read with interest. I haven't been regularly to Hillsborough for years. I tried to get a ticket for Sunday and perhaps deservedly didn't manage to. For the first time in many years I was suddenly beginning to see a buzz that I last recognised during the early nineties. I find it unbelievable that in this day and age managers are being sacked after winning games, Lee Clarke included. If Manadric is truly a business man then surely he must understand that a good return on investment is rarely earned within a year. Megson was very close to achieving something that he really shouldn't have been expected to on limited resources.

Not only is this decision a crazy one for football reasons, it's business merit is questionable too. Unbelievable.

Ermmmm, ok then.

What a bizarre decision and the timing couldn't be any worse. United are in cruise control for 2nd and we are where out budget suggests we should be.

What does Mandaric expect to happen in 13 games?

Idiotic decision. Up there with Sturrock's new 4 year contract then sacking him with a couple of weeks. I expected it from the Chairman then cos he's a knobhead (in my opinion), but I thought the current Chairman was better than this.

Feel sorry for Megson, treated like a dog here. Frustrating that Nabdaric doesn't batter an eye lid to sacking a manager at the cost of £100,000's, but won't pony up for transfers.

Very odd decision, deeply unpopular and I think Mandaric has just dropped from a 5* rating with the fans to a 2*.

Hope it pays off - otherwise Mandaric might find things become uncomfortable with 20,000 rather upset fans in the stadium.

I went with Trev on Sunday like him for the first time in years. Since then I've been thinking maybe I might try and get along again this season i'd rediscovered the love again. Well guess what it's severely depleted again. Not because it's Megson as such it just doesn't make sense. As for Trev he's just phoned me, for such a gentle placid man he's angry mad to say the least

When Megson was appointed, I wasn't thrilled.

Pleased to say he proved me wrong, and sacking the manager at this time of the season is totally the wrong move for the club.

Milan has done lots for the club, and can't be slagged off for saving Wednesday, but he's made a mistake here.

Guest Twickenham Owl

So gutted to hear this. For me, Megson was the man to take us up (either this year or next) and potentially lead us back to the top division. After Sunday I can't remember ever feeling so good about SWFC and now I'm feeling sh it about this season and can't see a future. Watching Wednesday without Megson at the helm won't be the same; he was one of us. I'm gutted for him most of all - this club meant so much to him. Shocking call. The replacement better be someone amazing!