GARY MEGSON SACKED !

Never thought I would say this but none of my hard earned is going to Hillsborough for the remainder of the season !!!

Will be interesting to see the attendance for the next home game !!!

Mandaric has made his decision regarding the investment of his money and I am doing the same !!!

Disgusted with this.

Not surprised as it seems my sources were right, though that brings me no pleasure.

I fear for how the players will react to this as Sundays performance proved they were behind Megson 100 per cent as were the fans.

So following a week where we should be building on the momentum and joy of Sunday has now been lost with this ridiculous decision.

With just 13 games remaining whoever comes in needs to hit the ground running, though i fear the worst and feel this will break and not make the season.

The signs were there with Milan bringing in players that Megson obviously didnt want in Uchechi and Kasnik and i have doubts about wether Megson wanted Bostock who wasnt even a sub on Sunday.

I feel Milan will regret this decision and it may badly affect season ticket sales and some may want refunding such is the feeling of anger over this.

surely the best thing Milan could have done is to have backed Megson in January and in the summer.

Megson was one of us and maybe Milan doesnt understand how loyal Yorkshiremen and particulaly Wednesday fans are. Will MIlan be shown this loyalty, i doubt it if this doesnt work after all we are not fools and whilst we will always appreciate Milan saving us we are not daft enough to think he did it for our good, it was always about making money.

I hope at the next home game the ultras Milan flag isnt on show and we show our thanks to Megson for getting us into a fantastic position with his hands tied and given us a team to be proud of, not the best but one that gives its all.

WRONG DECISION AT THE WRONG TIME.

GOD HELP US

Ermmmm, ok then.

What a bizarre decision and the timing couldn't be any worse. United are in cruise control for 2nd and we are where out budget suggests we should be.

What does Mandaric expect to happen in 13 games?

Idiotic decision. Up there with Sturrock's new 4 year contract then sacking him with a couple of weeks. I expected it from the Chairman then cos he's a knobhead (in my opinion), but I thought the current Chairman was better than this.

Feel sorry for Megson, treated like a dog here. Frustrating that Nabdaric doesn't batter an eye lid to sacking a manager at the cost of £100,000's, but won't pony up for transfers.

Very odd decision, deeply unpopular and I think Mandaric has just dropped from a 5* rating with the fans to a 2*.

Hope it pays off - otherwise Mandaric might find things become uncomfortable with 20,000 rather upset fans in the stadium.

This is what I don't get, and it's something I mentioned a few days back. What's the point in spending all that money on sacking people, to bring in new people who will just want to sign new players anyways?Also is there any realistic target out there better than Megson? Not in my opinion.

Guest pwilkysowls

knee jerk reaction from the fans it seems tbh we werent playin that well under megson too reliant on set pieces and long throws dont be so hasty in slating milan

Must be something gone on behind the scenes for this to happen now....

Or has MM just lost his marbles? Perhaps he was afriad that Gary was going to be too popular after Sunday (in place of himself)?

Good luck Gary in whatever you do - we know you will be always be Wednesday like the rest of us. Hope that this decision makes more sense to you than it does to all of us right now. Thanks for the great memories of Sunday.

Absolutley ridiculous and Milan has lost it completely. Loyalty doesn't count much with Milan.

Megson walked out on him remember.

I agree the timing is bad but before Sunday we had won 2 in 10 I believe. No were near good enough for automatic promotion. If we had lost on Sunday everyone would have wanted Megson out. You can't let one result blind the previous poor run. I feel sorry for Megson but a new manager may bring a more cutting edge to the side. Only time will tell.

Guest owl9257
gary megson is one of us and all season long it seems he's struggled to bring players in to the club. We may never know the reasons why but what I've seen and heard from him I bet it's not down to him! He wears his heart on his sleeve and is proud to be associated with our club. The players have got to take some of the blame for some of the performances this season. Maybe playing the way he did was the best he could do with what we've got at the club. Personally think it's a bad decision I know Milan saved the club but at the end of the day he bought our club to make a long term profit! Best of luck Gary hope you find a chairman who will back you.

"With the best interests of Shefield Wednesday at heart" or the ego if it's chairman? Unless Megson has done something unforgivable this makes absolutely no sense for many reasons that have been listed already.

No wonder Mandaric has been silent since Sunday. Whatever his logic, he has handled this spectacularly shabbily. And it would appear that all the rumours in the press had some substance, especially if Dave Jones gets the job.

We are 5 points behind United who still have a game in hand. Without a collapse by them, we are unlikely to catch up, even if we put together some outstanding form. So what is the new man supposed to achieve that Megson couldn't?

The only credit I can potentially give the chairman is that at least he didn't make the decision based on one or two results like some imbeciles were advocating. He demonstrated his conviction and stuck by it. But then, I don't believe this is about footballing reasons.

Depressing.