Guest thetruthisoutthere

Not big enough.

3,500 empty seats - that's a LOT of money down the drain.

Would like to get an explanation as to why we need to give over 10% of our capacity to segregation when most games have one row of stewards.

Obsolutely brother !

Did the playoff final at Wembley require 3500 empty seats for segregation ? I think not !

This is the difference between the London Met and SYP

Not big enough.

3,500 empty seats - that's a LOT of money down the drain.

Would like to get an explanation as to why we need to give over 10% of our capacity to segregation when most games have one row of stewards.

Totally agree mate.

Would've been 39,000+ today if we were treated like any other derby. So so frustrating.

The sad fact is it should have been a lot higher. £3.5k lost to segregation is a joke. Capacity is 39,840 or thereabouts. If we had wanted to sell tickets in the Cheese corner it just required a slight upgrade to obtain a new certificate. I think with a bigger stadium and without the SAG input we could have achieved 45,000 today.

SPOT ON

Some of those seats in that corner have little, if any, view of the pitch!

Not sure how you work that one out. I used to go in that corner in the 70's and it has one of the best views of the whole ground!

if you watch the goals from arse v spurs on skysports it looks like the segregation is 2 rows of empty seats between fans

I've not seen those goals but did see carling cup. Would say those 2 rows were two more than were used in Wemberly.

Could easily have had another 1300 today in the NWC. The SYPs bill should be reduced by about £30,000.

Just above the disabled bit in the North there were quite a few empty seats. Does anyone know why? At first I'd assumed they were the people who were moved to the NWC but if they were staff it obviously weren't.

28,000 at the Lane????

Speaks for itself.

Although that match had nearly 4,000 seats netted off by SYP.

There were about 300 unsold seats. All in the family stand where adults must take a kid to gain admission.

Also bear in mind the rip off prices for that game with prices ranging from £26 Kop to £32 everywhere else.

I've not seen those goals but did see carling cup. Would say those 2 rows were two more than were used in Wemberly.

Could easily have had another 1300 today in the NWC. The SYPs bill should be reduced by about £30,000.

Just above the disabled bit in the North there were quite a few empty seats. Does anyone know why? At first I'd assumed they were the people who were moved to the NWC but if they were staff it obviously weren't.

There must be an explanation for this. I reckon pushing 200 empty seats between half way and kop, bottom 10 rows. Too many in a confined area to be random no shows?

Here's some figures, fact fans:

Owls v United attendances 2011/12

Owls Fans:

SU v SW: 4300 at Bramall Lane

SU v SW: 11000 at Hillsborough for the beamback

SW v SU: 32664 at Hillsborough

Total: 47964

United Fans:

SU v SW: 23836 at Bramall Lane

SW v SU: 3700 at Hillsborough

SW v SU: 9317 at Bramall Lane for the beamback

Total: 36853

Perhaps we can put the arguement over who is the biggest club to bed now?

there was 10000 blunts at the lane for their beamback!?

WOW!

thats a lot - signigicantly more than i expected..

and surely the top and bottom lepp hold more than 3600

Aye, 10k there - not bad at all. Shame one of the TV's ran out of battery and those not on the main viewing stand paid a tenner to watch it on the second half screen next to the away end! lol

I was told that they were the plain clothes officers that had been mingling with the crowds before the match.... But I thought the triangle wasn't safe??

As far as I am aware, the NW corner does have a safety certificate from Sheffield Council. It was SY police who refused permission to sell tickets there because of their segregation requirements. The current capacity is 39,732(see official site) so there were 3,368 empty seats. About 1,300 were in the NW corner and lower west stand plus about 300 in the west side of the north stand. Where were the other 1,700 bearing in mind it was completely sold out to home supporters?