SU v SW: 11000 at Hillsborough for the beamback

SW v SU: 32664 at Hillsborough

Total: 47964

United Fans:

SU v SW: 23836 at Bramall Lane

SW v SU: 3700 at Hillsborough

SW v SU: 9317 at Bramall Lane for the beamback

Total: 36853

Perhaps we can put the arguement over who is the biggest club to bed now?

That puts the figure to 85k fans over the 2 matches, averaging 42,500 a game. That is ridiculous for League 1! Hats off to both sets of fans there, ours moreso!

As far as I am aware, the NW corner does have a safety certificate from Sheffield Council. It was SY police who refused permission to sell tickets there because of their segregation requirements. The current capacity is 39,732(see official site) so there were 3,368 empty seats. About 1,300 were in the NW corner and lower west stand plus about 300 in the west side of the north stand. Where were the other 1,700 bearing in mind it was completely sold out to home supporters?

According to the figures from the OS, the West upper & lower hold a combined total of 6,613 seats.

Seeing as the pigs were only allocated 4,700 tickets there would be 1,913 seats unsold there.

There must be an explanation for this. I reckon pushing 200 empty seats between half way and kop, bottom 10 rows. Too many in a confined area to be random no shows?

I noticed this, from what I could see thou it looked like the people that were meant to be sat there had decided they'd be happier bouncing around in the crowd at the west end of the north. guessing they were the last tickets on the north and many had the same idea.

Why the hell did the bit at the bottom of the west and north sabd have to be netted off? We've never had that in the derby before.

SYP are inept. W/\nkers

It is NOT SYP who are at fault here, but the SAG who have lost both us and united over £60,000 lost revenue each this year.

In terms of attendance figure the official capacity of the west stand is upper 4,471 lower 2,494 NW corner 1,382 = total 7,995 - 4,700 tickets sold = 3,295 spare

Ground capacity 39.812 - 36364 = 3,448 so just 153 seats elsewhere in ground not used - most of which were ate bottom left hand corner of North stand

It is NOT SYP who are at fault here, but the SAG who have lost both us and united over £60,000 lost revenue each this year.

We need to get some answers from these tree huggers as to how they can treat us like this while the rest of the country can seemingly stage a big game by using common sense and not losing much needed revenue in the process.

In terms of attendance figure the official capacity of the west stand is upper 4,471 lower 2,494 NW corner 1,382 = total 7,995 - 4,700 tickets sold = 3,295 spare

Ground capacity 39.812 - 36364 = 3,448 so just 153 seats elsewhere in ground not used - most of which were ate bottom left hand corner of North stand

Just a point, those figures don't add up 7,995

I've noticed before on the OS, that the figures they give don't add up to the total given at the bottom of the article.

I believe that the 4,471 seats they refer to are for the original wooden seats installed in 1966, when they changed them for plastic seats the capacity was reduced.

Can't upload the Kop & West Stand as I've run out of "quota". But its nice to see the place packed to the rafters...

i was in there right at thet back three rows in ,yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss

Edited by trevdi9

Just a point, those figures don't add up 7,995

I've noticed before on the OS, that the figures they give don't add up to the total given at the bottom of the article.

I believe that the 4,471 seats they refer to are for the original wooden seats installed in 1966, when they changed them for plastic seats the capacity was reduced.

i understand the correct figures are 4,164 + 2,494+1,337 = 7,995 but these figures still show only 153 spare in the rest of the ground