The Official January Transfer Window Thread

Spurs have been linked with Rhodes now.

Newcastle are looking for a replacement for Andy Carroll. Apparently, that'll be Madine or Andy Carroll himself.

Pardew said the other day after their bid for a striker (dont remember the name) fell through that they wouldnt be persuing another striker. Madine would only sit in their reserves so a bit pointless for all that one

Guest PointlessOwl

I would prefer it if:

We signed Bywater

We extended the loans on Tav&Llera(Possibly sign)

Sign a new winger, 2 if we dont get Benny. (Robberts?)

Sign/Loan a new CF to partner Madine

Shipped out Jones,Sedge,Reynolds,Bennet and the others.

Plus sign any others Milan and Megson want to to improve the team! UTO

I would prefer it if:

We signed Bywater

We extended the loans on Tav&Llera(Possibly sign)

Sign a new winger, 2 if we dont get Benny. (Robberts?)

Sign/Loan a new CF to partner Madine

Shipped out Jones,Sedge,Reynolds,Bennet and the others.

Plus sign any others Milan and Megson want to to improve the team! UTO

I think we need to keep either Reynolds or Bennett, isn't Reda away on African Nations cup early in January? If so we need cover, Unless Megson has earmarked Llera to play left back. I'm not a fan of Bennett, he's from the Tommy Spurr school of defending.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I think that Megson will recruit an experienced right midfielder. Someone who will shield the right back and move into the middle if we need to be more narrow or need to play 4-3-3. Someone who can do the same job that Danny Wilson used to do for us as a player.

For those of you that didn't see Wilson play for the Owls, you should know that he was a very effective 'terrier' type player that was very popular with the fans due to his tenacity and reliability. A very bubbly team player but also an excellent leader - one of the team's unofficial captains. Any player in his mould is what we need now.

Guest insideowl

Megson talked about "deals" in the plural today, so I'd expect more than 1 signing. I think Megson's smart enough to realise we've been covering at right mid all season.

I don't disagree that Megson is smart but I think he's being smarter than we all think.

I think Megson is using the media to put pressure on MM to sign players.

I think it's obvious who Megson wants. Gary Roberts and Ben Marshall, failing one of them Antonio from reading.

I just dont see Milan spending.

I hope I'm wrong and I'm not being negative but I just think listening to the interviews, it seems like Megson is trying to manipulate signings through pressure. That being said Milan has said he'd back Megson in this window. Let's see!

Guest Sheff Owl

What did people think of the lad Mayor for them? Number 16.

He seemed to run at Reda at every chance he had, looked to have quick feet.

Guest Sheff Owl

I don't think he would cost that much either.

I have just heard the interview with Megson and he said he was very good and caused us problems (something along them lines)