The Official January Transfer Window Thread

Because of injury. Point is he was chased by more than one championship club and signed by one.

Other point is that he was no longer suiting our style of play or situation but could get a 'better' gig elsewhere. The reverse apparently applied with Bennett.

Point is, next season he will be a league 1 player.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

He was never really any good though. Good riddence i say.

Hey up Matt, I think people have short memories. I can't believe the amount of times Tommy cost us a goal. The last game in the championship V palace, he was at fault for both. And the amount of times the ball was crossed from the opposite wing and Tommy was out jumped at the back post. I liked his effort and his workrate, but he couldn't defend if his live depended on it.

I remember travelling all the way down to Plymouth, we were drawing 1-1 at half time against 10 men, but Tommy got out jumped at the back stick again to cost us another goal, we lost the game 3-2 after playing for over a hour against 10 men, Tommy was that bad that Irvine dragged him off, but not soon enough to prevent us from losing.

Guest totemowl

Point is, next season he will be a league 1 player.

Which takes us nicely back to your comment that...

Here's a frightening thought, when Forest looked to buy a better full back than Bennett, they put a bid in for Spurr. It's not just me who thinks Bennett can't defend.

Next season Bennett may well be a Championship defender. It's not just about who the better defender is....

Other point is that he was no longer suiting our style of play or situation but could get a 'better' gig elsewhere. The reverse apparently applied with Bennett.

Hey up Matt, I think people have short memories. I can't believe the amount of times Tommy cost us a goal. The last game in the championship V palace, he was at fault for both. And the amount of times the ball was crossed from the opposite wing and Tommy was out jumped at the back post. I liked his effort and his workrate, but he couldn't defend if his live depended on it.

I remember travelling all the way down to Plymouth, we were drawing 1-1 at half time against 10 men, but Tommy got out jumped at the back stick again to cost us another goal, we lost the game 3-2 after playing for over a hour against 10 men, Tommy was that bad that Irvine dragged him off, but not soon enough to prevent us from losing.

Tommy was never that good, same as potter, windmill arms and joc

Next season Bennett may well be a Championship defender. It's not just about who the better defender is....

You've got more spin than Alaistair Campbell. Doesn't matter what division you chuck in, both Spurr and Bennett cannot defend.

Bennett can take an awesome throw in though.

He's not bad in the air too, his problem his he goes to ground too quickly, if he stayed on his feet a bit more and didn't over commit, he'd be a better defender.

He's not bad in the air too, his problem his he goes to ground too quickly, if he stayed on his feet a bit more and didn't over commit, he'd be a better defender.

Youd better get your coaching badges Mick would love to see you along side Megson ont coaching staff.

Blunts NEVER put in a bid for Marshall it's a load of BS.

Huddersfield put a £500k bid in and got it rejected.

McCabe probably saw this and thought, oh we could unsettle him here/pretend we have some money to get the fans on side. So they put a £500k bid in fully knowing that it would get rejected.

Huddersfield put a £500k bid in and got it rejected.

McCabe probably saw this and thought, oh we could unsettle him here/pretend we have some money to get the fans on side. So they put a £500k bid in fully knowing that it would get rejected.

^^^^^ this ^^^^^^