The Official January Transfer Window Thread

Whoever we sign needs to bring something to the table and not just be cover or a short term thing.We need to keep improving the squad with one eye on the championship.We need to be looking at people like Roberts who is out of contract at the end of the season and refusing to sign a new one,400k should do it and Huddersfield would be mad to turn it down,same as when we let Whelan go for 500k.January will be a good month to pick up quality on the cheap.

Stop bloody worrying. Megson will know exactly what and who he needs. Would be surprised (given how quick the Marshall and Batth deals were sorted) that the player (s) arent already lined up and signed by next week

Guest JonTheOwl66

We don't need 3 right backs. What sort of right back would you bring in? A player to fill in the 2nd/3rd choice, make 6-7 appearences a year and contribute nothing? We've had too many of them over the years.

What do you mean we don't? What if one gets injured?

Guest theaceface

I think we need a left winger, striker and possibly another player on loan to bring off the bench as an impact player (as needed at walsall). Especially if JJ leaves etc although he's not that effective anymore anyway. Also need to sign Llera for quality cover and keep Beevers until end of the season for cover.

Get rid of clinton, jones, sedgewick and reynolds to free wages up. Also sign Bywater although not as good a shot stopper as Weaver, he commands his area and defence alot better.

I think Gary Roberts would be perfect from what ive seen of him. He would give perfect balance to the midfield (abit like beckham and giggs) although not as attack minded as Ben Marshall he has a pin point delievery with pace which would suit Madine rather than always pumping it to O'grady all the time.

In all other area's i think we have decent cover.

How many have we sold for preston up to now anyone know?

UTO!!

I think we need a left winger, striker and possibly another player on loan to bring off the bench as an impact player (as needed at walsall). Especially if JJ leaves etc although he's not that effective anymore anyway. Also need to sign Llera for quality cover and keep Beevers until end of the season for cover.

Get rid of clinton, jones, sedgewick and reynolds to free wages up. Also sign Bywater although not as good a shot stopper as Weaver, he commands his area and defence alot better.

I think Gary Roberts would be perfect from what ive seen of him. He would give perfect balance to the midfield (abit like beckham and giggs) although not as attack minded as Ben Marshall he has a pin point delievery with pace which would suit Madine rather than always pumping it to O'grady all the time.

In all other area's i think we have decent cover.

How many have we sold for preston up to now anyone know?

UTO!!

4,000 Near enough.

Marc Pugh... Apps+(sub) 72 (3), Goals 22, out of contract in the summer, he has not commited to the offer of a 3 year contract at Bournemouth yet.

Stop bloody worrying. Megson will know exactly what and who he needs. Would be surprised (given how quick the Marshall and Batth deals were sorted) that the player (s) arent already lined up and signed by next week

This has got to be right.

Look at the signings so far: How many of us were even had Semedo, Lines, Lowe, Bywater, Llera on the radar before GM signed them up?

GM will know which new faces he wants to add to the squad in January and if (and when) they arrive, we'll probably all be saying, Bloody hell, who's he?

It's fun to speculate but January will hold a few surprises for us all. lol