The Official January Transfer Window Thread

I think we need to keep either Reynolds or Bennett, isn't Reda away on African Nations cup early in January? If so we need cover, Unless Megson has earmarked Llera to play left back. I'm not a fan of Bennett, he's from the Tommy Spurr school of defending.

I think Tommy Spurr came up thru the ranks at SWFC .....if this is so ......does that not make him from the SWFC school of defending ? :rolleyes:

I think Tommy Spurr came up thru the ranks at SWFC .....if this is so ......does that not make him from the SWFC school of defending ? :rolleyes:

In my opinion our whole academy system is a joke. When you can't even tempt a Wednesdayite to come to our academy because he thinks he will have more chance in United's academy then something is seriously wrong, the Wednesdayite I'm thinking of is currently playing in United's first team having come up through their ranks, to me this is scandalous, and I cannot believe that heads haven't rolled.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Apparently Megson wanted to keep him, MM backed him, but Aldridge messed up/dragged his heels and for whatever reason, JOC had to consider his options and move to the US to take up a coaching position. I'm really confused as the 2 men who apparently control the club wanted him to stay, but for some reason Aldridge was allowed to let him go. I think there's more to this than I/we know.

My understanding was that JOC would only be offered a contract till the end of the season whether if was truly offered no one will

Know.

Guest Sheff Owl

Wonder if there will be any activity regarding -

James Vardy - Fleetwood

Jason Walker - York City

Stephen Quinn - Pigs

Gary Roberts - Huddersfield (i can hope but doubt it)

Marc Pugh - Bournemouth

He started at Barnsley, that didnt work out for him or his brother and then they went on to United, so there was input from another club.

Suppose that makes the situation worse as we managed to miss him twice

I think it is scandalous, I just cannot understand why changes are not being made. A recruitment system which is clearly missing all this area's top youngsters is clearly unfit for purpose, may as well shut it down completely for all the good it has done.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Wonder if there will be any activity regarding -

James Vardy - Fleetwood

Jason Walker - York City

Stephen Quinn - Pigs

Gary Roberts - Huddersfield (i can hope but doubt it)

Marc Pugh - Bournemouth

Jamie Vardy is an interesting one. Their chairman says they aren't selling him, but we know they would for a decent offer, and there have been dozens of clubs watching him for months, with us being one of them.

Jamie Vardy is an interesting one. Their chairman says they aren't selling him, but we know they would for a decent offer, and there have been dozens of clubs watching him for months, with us being one of them.

If you were Jamie Vardy and you had the choice of joining the club you support in a promotion push to the Championship or stay and look forward to a promotion to L1, which would you push for :)

Guest Sheff Owl

I would imagine it's safe to say we are in the market for a Striker.

I would think Morrison would be moved on, him not being on the bench was quite telling IMO. (unless injury)

If Mellor wasn't injured i really think we might have tried for him again, i guess some would like him back others not so after the what happened in the summer.

I have to be honest tho Madine, O'Grady, Lowe and Mellor does seem very tasty.

Clinton may feel that at his age he needs first team football and move on Let's not forget though that to replace him will probably cost us quite a bit of money. That is, unless we choose the loan route of which the manager is no fan. Clinton's goal record is second to none, even this season he has a better strike rate than Lowe or O'Grady

I think we need to move on from Morrison and Mellor. Clinton has not done it since he joined and apart from trying to become the worlds first human helicopter has contributed very little.

Mellor did very well last year but turned down the chance to join in the summer, this season he has had another injury hit year with a lengthy lay off, also another year older and we should move on.

We have 3 good strikers and I think we have the opportunity to bring in something different, maybe a Vardy type lower league prospect who would not break the bank, but definitely someone with pace to give us an extra dimension. I anticipate when fit Madine and O'Grady to be certain starters as GM likes them with Lowe coming off the bench therefore whoever comes in would need to be happy to fight for his place from the bench also.

I think we need to move on from Morrison and Mellor. Clinton has not done it since he joined and apart from trying to become the worlds first human helicopter has contributed very little.

Mellor did very well last year but turned down the chance to join in the summer, this season he has had another injury hit year with a lengthy lay off, also another year older and we should move on.

We have 3 good strikers and I think we have the opportunity to bring in something different, maybe a Vardy type lower league prospect who would not break the bank, but definitely someone with pace to give us an extra dimension. I anticipate when fit Madine and O'Grady to be certain starters as GM likes them with Lowe coming off the bench therefore whoever comes in would need to be happy to fight for his place from the bench also.

Couldn't agree more. The Mellor thingy needs to be left alone imo, he wouldn't get a game if I was the manager anyway, barring Morrison all our strikers are better than him.

Edit* plus, isn't he injured and expected to be out for a few months? He will still be a PNE player at the end of this window.

Edited by eckington owl

Guest Sheff Owl

I'm not saying we should have gone back for Mellor but i could have seen us trying again if he wasn't injured but he is injured anyway so it's not gonna happen.

Someone with pace up front is needed without a doubt.

Clinton may feel that at his age he needs first team football and move on Let's not forget though that to replace him will probably cost us quite a bit of money. That is, unless we choose the loan route of which the manager is no fan. Clinton's goal record is second to none, even this season he has a better strike rate than Lowe or O'Grady

You know this is complete nonsense.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

In my opinion our whole academy system is a joke. When you can't even tempt a Wednesdayite to come to our academy because he thinks he will have more chance in United's academy then something is seriously wrong, the Wednesdayite I'm thinking of is currently playing in United's first team having come up through their ranks, to me this is scandalous, and I cannot believe that heads haven't rolled.

Some seriously worrying things going on at the academy and the above is consistent with that.

The whole thing needs a fresh approach and personel or no-one will be coming through in 10 years time.