The Official January Transfer Window Thread

Guest totemowl

Here's a frightening thought, when Forest looked to buy a better full back than Bennett, they put a bid in for Spurr. It's not just me who thinks Bennett can't defend.

You think that Spurr can't defend. Where is he plying his trade now?

Edited by totemowl

Guest Sheff Owl

Megson said a few weeks ago he has no interest in Iain Hume.

Haven't Preston just changed benches too? Maybe Hume forgot and Megson was having a joke with him after all he was with Megson at Leicester.

Clinton may feel that at his age he needs first team football and move on Let's not forget though that to replace him will probably cost us quite a bit of money. That is, unless we choose the loan route of which the manager is no fan. Clinton's goal record is second to none, even this season he has a better strike rate than Lowe or O'Grady

Goals in appearances this season

Lowe 12 in 20 - 0.6 goals per appearance

Morrison 5 in 21 - 0.25 goals per appearance

Why would you lie?

Edited by Random Task

Guest totemowl
Well at least someone at the club recognised that JOC wasnt a wide midfielder With better options available, his early departure from the wage bill was good business in my opinion

JOC probably recognised this as well. Either way, I expect we will get someone in who will take on the JOC role and add something in that wide position.

Guest Darth Sturrock

You think that Spurr can't defend. Where is he plying his trade now?

He's at Donny, but we know from his time here, that he just couldn't cut it at this level, never mind FLC. Surely we wouldn't have let him go, if he was any good?

I'm sure he's a nice lad and all that, but from all the times I saw him, he's incredibly slow, both pace wise and mentally. And for me he just hasn't developed on any further from a promising start a few years ago. Why that is I don't know, it could be Wednesdays fault or Tommy's, I don't have the answer to that. Either way, Donny have gained nothing by signing him. Their mistake, our gain. lol

I saw Jamie Vardy after the match on the way back to the car.

Obviously not too far from Fleetwood to travel to watch us at Preston.

Jamie Vardy is an interesting one. Their chairman says they aren't selling him, but we know they would for a decent offer, and there have been dozens of clubs watching him for months, with us being one of them.

Outs (possible)

Clinton Morrison

Mark Reynolds

Giles Coke

Daniel Jones

Chris Sedgwick

Jermaine Johnson

Mark Beevers

Jon Otsemobor - Injury/fitness issues, not sure what the future holds

James Tavernier - Loan ends 7th January

Miguel LLera - Not sure what his last game would be - loan ends January

Sanchez Watt - Again not sure what his last game would be - loan ends January

James O'Connor - Going to USA

In

Bywater - Hopefully Weaver will get fit and then send out ROD/Jameson on loan - League Two)

Gary Roberts - Would be a fantastic signing (seriously doubt it tho, out of contract also)

Ben Marshall - Loan till end of season

Danny Batth - Loan till end of the season

This would be a very good bit of January shopping / spring cleaning! Fingers crossed!

Dont forget we went a few seasons with no scouting network at all and i think we may now be paying the price with the academy

I can verify that Wednesday have had scouting system at academy level but for over 10 years to my knowledge, but few if any scouts concentrating at adult level.

Edited by SheffieldGraduate

Rasiak

Kluivert

Ginola

Le Tissier

Gabbiadini

Dani

All seen in Montys Motors choosing their new wheels.

Its a pity that the same can't be said about my mate who got us pulled over by the police for having two bald tyres on his motor last mon when he should have gone to Kwik Fit first to get two replacements before we set off for the match v Walsall.

Guest totemowl

He's not currently in Donny's first team if thats what you mean.

Because of injury. Point is he was chased by more than one championship club and signed by one.

Other point is that he was no longer suiting our style of play or situation but could get a 'better' gig elsewhere. The reverse apparently applied with Bennett.