Lets just sign Cody Mac and then get on with it !

Guest foreverSWFC

The Mellor deal is not dead imo.

Here is my theory, very stupid but, Marshall was given the number 10 shirt, unusual for a winger, and if Megson wants a striker surely he would have saved the no. 10 shirt for a striker. Mellor wheres number 33 wherever he goes.

Just putting it out there.

Here is my theory, very stupid but, Marshall was given the number 10 shirt, unusual for a winger, and if Megson wants a striker surely he would have saved the no. 10 shirt for a striker. Mellor wheres number 33 wherever he goes.

Isn't the fact we still need a striker and that we've been after Mellor for most of the last 3 months a more compelling reason though?

Guest foreverSWFC

Isn't the fact we still need a striker and that we've been after Mellor for most of the last 3 months a more compelling reason though?

The longer we wait for a deal, the more desperate Preston become to sell and the more desperate Mellor wants to join.

I think Mandaric will suprise us here, and get him for the money he wanted.

Also, another factor, wouldn't it be wise of Mellor to stay at Preston earning a higher wage for the summer, then joining us at the end of the window?

Edited by foreverSWFC

Yep

The longer we wait for a deal, the more desperate Preston become to sell and the more desperate Mellor wants to join.

I think Mandaric will suprise us here, and get him for the money he wanted.

Also, another factor, wouldn't it be wise of Mellor to stay at Preston earning a higher wage for the summer, then joining us at the end of the window?

No, I'd call that extremely unwise.

SON OF SPIDER

I'd go with that one Nev. At least we know what he can do and that Megson can get the best out of him. What has surprised me most is that fact that no-one has taken him yet. I believe that he is the best of all the lower league forwards available this summer and possibly better than all of the forwards that are surplus to requirements in the Championship and lesser Premier League teams.

We really need to work something out to bring Mellor to the club in my opinion.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

Great scoring record even 10 goals for Charlton when only really played half a season with rest of his games coming from the bench....

Don't think we will sign him as he is 31 years old and wants to stay in the south east as turned down Notts C for that reason, doubt we have made an offer. What made me laugh is that Toytown think they have a chance of signing him.

Surely MK Dons won't sign both Cody AND Charlie McDonald...

They'll have a farm soon, with all the Old MacDonald's!

I do fear though, that if Norwich suddenly drop the asking price to something which we are willing to pay, we'll be towards the back of a long line of clubs interested in signing him.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we enter September with just Madine and Morrison as strikers, with a young striker coming in on loan shortly after.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

Surely MK Dons won't sign both Cody AND Charlie McDonald...

They'll have a farm soon, with all the Old MacDonald's!

I do fear though, that if Norwich suddenly drop the asking price to something which we are willing to pay, we'll be towards the back of a long line of clubs interested in signing him.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we enter September with just Madine and Morrison as strikers, with a young striker coming in on loan shortly after.

We will get a striker but it is the quality of striker what we get that worries me!

I honestly cant see it being Mellor........................GM has already admitted the glaringly obvious in that we need a DIFFERENT type of striker to the ones we already have at the club , ie one with pace who plays on the shoulder of the last defender and can stretch teams.

Would love that player to be CM , but i have a feeling he,ll be making his CHAMPIONSHIP debut next week.

I,m sorry to say i,m not too optimistic at the moment............................probably the best we can hope for is a loanee ( ie Griffiths from Wolves).

What a ludicrous situation this is.

It's about time somebody stepped up and took some responsibility. It's not about missing out on ALF, it's about going into the last few days of the transfer window with 2 fit strikers having spent 3 months chasing around for a handful of players and getting none of them.

We need a striker. That's not "let's just wee wee about and see what happens". That's we NEED a striker.

What a ludicrous situation this is.

It's about time somebody stepped up and took some responsibility. It's not about missing out on ALF, it's about going into the last few days of the transfer window with 2 fit strikers having spent 3 months chasing around for a handful of players and getting none of them.

We need a striker. That's not "let's just wee wee about and see what happens". That's we NEED a striker.

Couldn't have said it better.

Edited by marconi