Lets just sign Cody Mac and then get on with it !

Guest wilyfox

What a ludicrous situation this is.

It's about time somebody stepped up and took some responsibility. It's not about missing out on ALF, it's about going into the last few days of the transfer window with 2 fit strikers having spent 3 months chasing around for a handful of players and getting none of them.

We need a striker. That's not "let's just wee wee about and see what happens". That's we NEED a striker.

Megson made it clear that O'Grady was top of his wanted list. the injury is unfortunate. i'm sure we'll nab someone before the deadline; probably someone we're not expecting. don't think it will be Cody as he'd probably cost more than ALF.

Megson made it clear that O'Grady was top of his wanted list. the injury is unfortunate. i'm sure we'll nab someone before the deadline; probably someone we're not expecting. don't think it will be Cody as he'd probably cost more than ALF.

The injury wasn't unfortunate though was it?

He was signed knowing he had an injury, and then played in a game when the physio declared him unfit.

Perhaps there wouldn't be quite as much unhappiness and frustration IF O'Grady hadn't got injured. But the club has brought this ludicrious situation on themselves, with a couple of contributing factor. Firstly, signing a player who wasn't fit, and thenplaying him when he still wasn't fit, and secondly, weeing about with half-arsed enquiries to numerous players, and making a lot of the enquiries public.

I still think Madine and Morrison have the capabilities to score goals in this division, and the thought of those two playing isn't a worry at all. But it's the complete lack of options that we have which is horrifically worrying. At the minute our only alternative seems to be to throw JOC up front to run about for a bit. You don't see that in Sunday League football!

It's about time somebody stepped up and took some responsibility. It's not about missing out on ALF, it's about going into the last few days of the transfer window with 2 fit strikers having spent 3 months chasing around for a handful of players and getting none of them.

We need a striker. That's not "let's just wee wee about and see what happens". That's we NEED a striker.

Exactly 100%.

Cuts through all the poker playing, mitigation, gamesmanship and bullshyte.

Exactly, I'll wait and see what deadline day brings, but I've been worried all summer that we havent been bullish enough.

Thankfully we got the COG deal done, but the injury makes that null and void at present. If we wanted ALF the sad thing is that if we were more bullish earlier we couldve moved in and got him. We didnt seem to want to tempt Rotherham, more force them into agreeing a price they didnt really agree with, which wouldve been amusing if it had happened but it obviously backfired.

I got the impression it was a screen for someone else, so we'll see. I heard a rumour of Ryan Lowe, seven this season already but again, he was a contract rebel in the summer wasnt he so if we wanted him earlier (which we clearly didnt) we wouldve pounced then.

The Mellor deal is not dead imo.

Here is my theory, very stupid but, Marshall was given the number 10 shirt, unusual for a winger, and if Megson wants a striker surely he would have saved the no. 10 shirt for a striker. Mellor wheres number 33 wherever he goes.

Just putting it out there.

They dont need the 10 shirt because the signing will be a loan player after the window has closed 2 players were agreed on loan at the beginning of the season but theie respective clubs wanted them to train with them till the window had closed...i think Marshall may have been one but he has been allowed to come early due to our situation ( after Bury) looking desperate but i could be wrong on that...lets wait and see...

Guest totemowl
Cody is twice the player ALF is,so I wasn't to gutted we missed out but we do need to get serious now and stop rumbleing about with stupid bids.Its time to step up to the plate.

Oh yes, definitely.

L2 records

ALF P96 G54

cMcD P41 G25

Oh and don't bother with Cody's record in L1 - it's crap.

No brainer really, Cody Mac is a must. Running out of options.

Scores goals, looks pacey, makes his own chances, his club want rid, we are desp for a player like him.

Who else fits the bill??

MM needs to cough up if he wants out of this league.

Add Lua Lua n koumas all b4 bradford game n 2nd round here we come!!

Oh yes, definitely.

L2 records

ALF P96 G54

cMcD P41 G25

Oh and don't bother with Cody's record in L1 - it's crap.

Pretty similar ratios.

ALF wouldve been great. But so would McDonald, very calm and composed, gets in behind (which is what we need) is quick and also gets on the end of crosses with his head.

I think its a no brainer. He's looked good for Norwich in the past too, hard working.

Why though?

How many times have you seen him play?

His record isn't as good so why would he be? Some people didn't want ALF so why would they want CM?

They are very similar types of player, McDonald seems a bit quicker. Initially I thought ALF was more of a box man but he's shown the ability to get in behind this season too, looked a bit more mobile. Would've been happy with either.

ALF 0.56 goals per game

McDonald 0.6 goals per game.

Not much in it, McDonald from what I've seen for Norwich is more physical and works hard.

Edited by Bluesteel