Lets just sign Cody Mac and then get on with it !

Guest totemowl

Yes, 4 goals from 5 starts. Absolute poo .

No it's poo because he scored 1 goal in 4 starts in the league. His other 3 goals in 2009/10 in L1 came from his 19 appearances from the bench.

Tip: Try getting your facts right b4 you post.

Guest totemowl

They are very similar types of player, McDonald seems a bit quicker. Initially I thought ALF was more of a box man but he's shown the ability to get in behind this season too, looked a bit more mobile. Would've been happy with either.

ALF 0.56 goals per game

McDonald 0.6 goals per game.

Not much in it, McDonald from what I've seen for Norwich is more physical and works hard.

The problem for me is that McDonald, compared to ALF, is a one season wonder. And unlike ALF, he did play at this level - but didn't deliver.

I wasn't too sure about ALF but the desperation on here to get McDonald is even more puzzling.

I dont think he got a settled run in the side at Norwich despite showing promise in flashes.

Mellor hadnt scored 20 before last season but that doesnt mean he couldnt do it again either. Its just about adding something different to the team, he's a pacy player who has just scored 25 goals in the lower leagues. If were not looking to spend mega cash on a guarantee then I cant think of many similar who are available.

Guest 03 owl

The problem for me is that McDonald, compared to ALF, is a one season wonder. And unlike ALF, he did play at this level - but didn't deliver.

I wasn't too sure about ALF but the desperation on here to get McDonald is even more puzzling.

Agree :)

The thing that annoys me is some people have never seen some of the players we are going to sign yet still say they will be amazing or they will be sh*t.

Like how many people have seen Cody McDonald play for than 5 times?

I've seen him like 3 times and think he looks alright but I can't judge him on that because that's not enough.

Many people wont need to see him play that much, they're not compiling a full scouting report they just know he's scored goals and has some of the attributes were after.

The lack of a striker probably does add a lot of hype to the situation. The fact we've been in for him already probably adds to it.

Many people wont need to see him play that much, they're not compiling a full scouting report they just know he's scored goals and has some of the attributes were after.

The lack of a striker probably does add a lot of hype to the situation. The fact we've been in for him already probably adds to it.

Yeah but so did ALF, so why did some people not want him yet everyone wants Cody Mac?

I dont think everyone does want Cody Mcdonald.

The main thing was that Mcdonald has pace, ALF previously seemed to pounce on mistakes in the box and even I initially thought Mcdonald would be a better option. But then those 4 in 4 came for ALF many of which involved him running at defences and it changed my mind.

I think overall the majority would be happy with either as they are similar.

In truth I think it boils down to a few things,from what we've seen he fits the bill for what we are after,he works hard,has pace,can score with either foot and his head,makes his own chances and will always put a foot in were others wouldn't.Secondly he is probably the only striker who we have a realistic chance of signing who has a proven record,the team is crying out for a striker and the fans(myself included)are pining our hopes on him.

Guest 03 owl

In truth I think it boils down to a few things,from what we've seen he fits the bill for what we are after,he works hard,has pace,can score with either foot and his head,makes his own chances and will always put a foot in were others wouldn't.Secondly he is probably the only striker who we have a realistic chance of signing who has a proven record,the team is crying out for a striker and the fans(myself included)are pining our hopes on him.

it has been a shame that we have signed a striker and he is injured in IMO, O'Grady will be good but at this time he will not be, which is obvious to say lol .

Clinton for me looks a diff player and good on him, Madine is kicking in within his target, we are all talking about CF or Strikers how you feel fit to name them, everyone at SWFC knows we need 2 at least, depending on O'Grady's injury.

Guest BigAl007

Friends in London are saying that Charlton are signing 2 strikers tomorrow one from a prem side on loan the other a perm signing??

Sign Cody on permanent transfer I'd be happy to give him a go.

Sign him on loan til Jan - having previously said we wouldn't go down the loan route - and my head would explode.

If we sign him on loan til Jan three pivotal players in Marshall, Batth and Cody could disappear from us come the turn

of the year. That would be a recipe for disaster.

The best option would be to sign him on loan till Jan with the option of buying him at a pre arranged price. If he does the buissness we lump up the cash if he doesnt then he can go back.

Friends in London are saying that Charlton are signing 2 strikers tomorrow one from a prem side on loan the other a perm signing??

Surely not. Do Charlton want to sign every player available?

As for signing Cody Mac? I am sure that MM, PA and GM Will have him on their radar and will have a sensible price in mind that they are willing to pay for him. I was really impressed with his YouTube 'show-reel' that was posted on here a few weeks ago but I would be very surprised if GM hasn't had a full scouting report for him. I will trust MM, PA and GM with this one and if we don't go for Cody Mac or he becomes more expensive than we are willing to pay then fair enough.

There hasn't been a single bad player brought to club by GM, therefore, I think we can trust him to bring in a very good striker as soon as he possibly can.

The day that MM, PA and GM start listening to the fans about which player to recruit and at what price we should pay for them is the day SWFC starts to fail. Let's be patient and trust MM, PA and GM to do the right thing for the club.