Adam le fondre

Guest Stereophonics

Burnley are apparently on the verge of signing Aaron Gunnasson for 1.5 million I believe. So the rumour down here.

I hope that doesn't give Coventry that extra bit of cash to spend!

Obviously its only a rumour though.

That would serve us right for messing around and waiting til the last minute

Burnley are apparently on the verge of signing Aaron Gunnasson for 1.5 million I believe. So the rumour down here.

I hope that doesn't give Coventry that extra bit of cash to spend!

Obviously its only a rumour though.

He signed for Cardiff nearly a month ago...on free transfer.

lol

Edited by Shezza

Better get used to competing for every player against other clubs. That's what happens when you leave it late and your targets become known.

I suspect ALF will find us more attractive than Coventry though.

All he'll have to do is imagine playing at the Ricoh Arena. I know Hillsborough needs a fresh lick of paint and is half empty at best of times, but 'The Sky Blues' have a seriously awful ground (& fans) IMO.

Better get used to competing for every player against other clubs. That's what happens when you leave it late and your targets become known.

Not just that. We're now fishing in a market where we're after in demand and wanted players, something we haven't being used to for the last ten years (apart from the odd deal like Bougherra).

It's pleasing that we're after players that have other interest, although frustrating that we can't complete some of the deals. But that's football and it happens to all teams in all leagues.

We'll get used to it.

Edited by BRADDAZ

Not just that. We're now fishing in a market where we're after in demand and wanted players, something we haven't being used to for the last ten years (apart from the odd deal like Bougherra).

It's pleasing that we're after players that have other interest, although frustrating that we can't complete some of the deals. But that's football and it happens to all teams in all leagues.

We'll get used to it.

I'm not used to us actually paying for players yet !

I agree with the gist if this, but not the specifics. We haven't intentionally left it late to sign people - it's the nature of the game when you are signing players who rated not just by their clubs, but by lots of other clubs ad well.

For years we have been shopping in the very bottom end of the Market for players cast off by their clubs, and who people didn't want. Easy to sign those sort of players- they don't have options.

Players like Ogrady, Le Fondre, Mellor are highly thought of, and as a result will have many suitors. Agents will always tell players to exercise caution and wait til every club has shown it's hand, so to speak- that way they can be sure to get the best deal.

I honestly think that people on here and Wednesdayites in general are getting their knickers in a twist about not having finalised re squad simply because they are not used to targetting players that are "on the way up" on their careers.

Also down to the fact that we're actually looking at the best possible players to attract to League One, mate.

Guest scott_andrew_william

flip me - who's he signed for?

ffs

Well Coventry are going to put a bid in, then half of the championship will follow.

So Rotherham won't be in to much of a hurry to sell him too us.