Adam le fondre

I dont see why he is getting bashed by so many people on here. i hope if we sign him he will be good for us. We have a habit at S6 at destroying strikers before they have even stepped on the pitch, and then getting on their backs the first time they miss place a pace or have a bad touch.

S6 is a difficult place to be a striker

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Sflaphorpe put a bid reported to be around £200k.

Rotherham rejected it, stating they value him at "above £500k."

Yet still scored.

Isn't said about so many good strikers...that they'll do nothing all game, and then score.

MacLean was a striker who didn't really contribute a great deal, but knew where the net was. Kevin Phillips career has been built on that. Gary Lineker was another. Natural goalscorers are rare, very rare. I couldn't care less if Le Fondre doesn't do a thing all season, if he scores 20 goals and fires us to promotion.

However, I've heard conflicting reports. Apparently he works very hard, and his movement, which was evident against us, is very clever. Like I've said previously, I can't make an informed assessment becasue I haven't seen him a great deal (I assume you haven't either). But Megson and his team will have watched him...and if they like him, then what's the problem?

Utter flipping gonads, MacLean's link up play was flipping worth its weight in gold

Guest Owl30

I dont see why he is getting bashed by so many people on here. i hope if we sign him he will be good for us. We have a habit at S6 at destroying strikers before they have even stepped on the pitch, and then getting on their backs the first time they miss place a pace or have a bad touch.

S6 is a difficult place to be a striker

It's called differing opinions, you get it a lot in football you know, wouldn't it be boring if everyone just agreed..

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Mellor scored most of his goals either against poor sides or in the cup, his goal scoring generally in the league is nothing to write home about, Mackail Smith nearly quadroupled Mellors league tally.

13 x 4 = 52

Did Mackail Smith hit 30 league goals ne'er mind 52?

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Like i said, Imagine if we did sign ALF and Cody. it is a real gamble. But if it pays off... BOOOOOOOOM.

Lets take a risk Wednesday. Got to better than t'old Clint... surely :biggrin:

Is it your money to gamble?

Utter flipping gonads, MacLean's link up play was flipping worth its weight in gold

Yeah he had a really good knack of controlling the ball played into him and holding up and bringing others into the game. I'm sure Fras meant his chasing down etc. though.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Yet still scored.

Isn't said about so many good strikers...that they'll do nothing all game, and then score.

MacLean was a striker who didn't really contribute a great deal, but knew where the net was. Kevin Phillips career has been built on that. Gary Lineker was another. Natural goalscorers are rare, very rare. I couldn't care less if Le Fondre doesn't do a thing all season, if he scores 20 goals and fires us to promotion.

However, I've heard conflicting reports. Apparently he works very hard, and his movement, which was evident against us, is very clever. Like I've said previously, I can't make an informed assessment becasue I haven't seen him a great deal (I assume you haven't either). But Megson and his team will have watched him...and if they like him, then what's the problem?

You need more from strikers than that though. Times have changed. Neil Mellor (just one example..) offers a much more rounded game, while also scoring.

I've seen Le Fondre several times, and I just honestly don't think he'd fit in. If he comes, of course he'll get my 100% backing. But I just don't want us spending £300-400k on somebody who (in my opinion) just won't fit in.

My dads a Rotherham supporter and goes to most home games, he says that Alfie doesn't put a lot of effort in, until he is in the box, not much use as a team player.

Didn't quite seam to fit the mould with the type of player megson says he wants.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

My dads a Rotherham supporter and goes to most home games, he says that Alfie doesn't put a lot of effort in, until he is in the box, not much use as a team player.

Didn't quite seam to fit the mould with the type of player megson says he wants.

I've heard that extends off the pitch

Mellor scored most of his goals either against poor sides or in the cup, his goal scoring generally in the league is nothing to write home about, Mackail Smith nearly quadroupled Mellors league tally.

Sorry but i just can't help but bite when i read these 'he scored goals against poo poo side, a few tap in's and a hat-trick so it doesn't count.

The fact that he found the back of the net regardless of who the opposition is should be the only thing that matters. Obviously some people aren't as fond of Mellor as others and are using this stupid stat against him.

Lets not forget, Mellor didn't start every game last season did he? 13 goals from the starts he did have is a good return from a loan player if you ask me.

Guest Umbop22

Skysports.com understands Rotherham United have rejected an offer from Sheffield Wednesday for prolific striker Adam Le Fondre.

The 24-year-old is in demand this summer after scoring over 50 goals over the past two seasons and has just one year left on his Rotherham contract.

Sflaphorpe Unitedspacer.gif have already failed with a bid for Le Fondrespacer.gif and now League One rivals Wednesday have also seen an offer knocked back.

The Owls are understood to have offered £200,000 for Le Fondre, but it is thought that the Millers want £250,000 before agreeing to a sale.

Millers boss Andy Scottspacer.gif is determined to keep hold of the forward, but acknowledged that the player is keen to test himself at a higher level

bang 300k in stop flippingabout the kid scores goals ,1 chance against us = 1 goal how much is a 20 plus striker worth ? got to be worth a punt itll be no good panic buying once seasons started get it sorted before sombody else does..... puts box away and goes to bed....................

Guest 03 owl

Neither did Lineker and Rush Tbh :biggrin: