SWFC Non Fun Day

Guest BoomTownOwls

The kids is the massive point.

I brought my wife and little lad along promising them they'd be able to have fun whilst I queued. After 20 minutes they were in the shop with me bored.

He'd been on the bouncy castle, he'd whacked the ball at the 14 year old keeper and he'd been on the fire engine.

Options left, queue in shop or queue to see players.

With all the advertising I thought we'd be there most of the day, in the end we couldn't get away fast enough.

If I had been on my own to get the kits it would have been far far easier and prior to me having kids I wouldn't have understood what all the moaning was about.

The kids is the massive point.

I brought my wife and little lad along promising them they'd be able to have fun whilst I queued. After 20 minutes they were in the shop with me bored.

He'd been on the bouncy castle, he'd whacked the ball at the 14 year old keeper and he'd been on the fire engine.

Options left, queue in shop or queue to see players.

With all the advertising I thought we'd be there most of the day, in the end we couldn't get away fast enough.

If I had been on my own to get the kits it would have been far far easier and prior to me having kids I wouldn't have understood what all the moaning was about.

spot on.

This isn't the fucking Wii, we don't need to be creating artificial demand by keeping the supply lower than required to make people get giddy with hype around the product.

A lot of people who came down to the ground today while taking their kids for a day out will not bother trying to buy the kit again.

Sold out = sales/money lost = FAILURE

It's not like any shirts not sold today will suddenly become useless, we've got over 12 months to shift them. Err on the side of overstocking, selling out (especially this early) is ridiculous.

Not saying this is the case but I remember when the shirts with SCH logo went on sale they were constantly selling out because Puma couldn't produce enough. Maybe today is the same?

The whole day was a massive disappointment.

Let's get a few things straight though:-

1. The marketing department clearly did a phenomenal job.

2. No matter how the day had been organised you can't flog thousands of shirts in a few hours without some lengthy queues.

The disappointing things are:-

1. The entertainment was absolutely useless. Parents were patiently queueing and most would have happily given their kids a tenner to entertain themselves just to stop the constant whining. There was nothing there for the kids to do though. My wife is a school teacher and every year they have far better entertainment for the kids at their school

fair for hardly any cost. No kid could surely have been entertained today for more than 20-30 minutes.

2. The shop had to be centred around the home kit today. Move some other stuff out of the way and have massive size sorted racks surrounded by 10 staff assisting an restocking. Not 2 people with card board bl00dy boxes!

3. Selling out is absolutely unforgivable and record sales is not an acceptable excuse.

4. Tell the stewards that fans are customers not some cattle to be controlled.

Wednesday never get their operations right. Yes some people say stop moaning but today was a massive opportunity missed

Excellent, fair post. Worth quoting again.

Everything about today felt rushed and done on a budget (I think there's a good reason for that :biggrin: ).

I'd love to see the whole ground open next time, allow people to walk around the pitch, get the players mingling.

I'd like to praise Deejayone for creating the demand - just hope the other departments can help out better next time.

Perhaps even get local schools / charities / business in to help by having stalls etc.

Info for those buying. The sizes seem a bit smaller than last seasons shirt. :biggrin: Well it's either that or I'm getting fatter.

It's smaller than the last. I have compared them both and my large shirt from last season is actually bigger than my brand new shirt in XL.

I had to queue for an age as everyone else did but it's definitely worth it because the new shirt is beautiful.

Not saying this is the case but I remember when the shirts with SCH logo went on sale they were constantly selling out because Puma couldn't produce enough. Maybe today is the same?

I realise you're only speculating, but I don't think that is a viable excuse because of how late the kits have been put on general sale.

Guest zipzippy

Shop as expected was manic. Loads of missed sales for club. Why did the club spend thousands buying POS TFTs only to show a blue screen they should be showing products you can buy, match Dvds, upcoming fixtures, events ect...thank god I didn't take the kids as nowt much for them to do. I can understand why the club doesn't people having their photos took with players. It simply takes too long so most will miss out.

The shirt is fantastic. Very happy and wouldnt change a thing about it

Who is paying for the sponsorship?? I doubt the gilders logo will get seen on TV as it's so small?

Shop as expected was manic. Loads of missed sales for club. Why did the club spend thousands buying POS TFTs only to show a blue screen they should be showing products you can buy, match Dvds, upcoming fixtures, events ect...thank god I didn't take the kids as nowt much for them to do. I can understand why the club doesn't people having their photos took with players. It simply takes too long so most will miss out.

The shirt is fantastic. Very happy and wouldnt change a thing about it

Who is paying for the sponsorship?? I doubt the gilders logo will get seen on TV as it's so small?

A bit like the team who's shirt it is on then.

Just not bothered...

So is there both sponsor and non sponsor shirts available? Or are they just flogging non sponsored ones because they dont have time to iron it on?

I gather they are selling the sponsorless ones just because of demand. I expect they will all be gone / sponsor added by tomorrow. They were putting loads out when I went down, but I was well chuffed.

Few ideas for next year:

-> Have people book to go to the shop between a certain time and have people on the door checking them in. This will let you stagger the payment and collection.

-> Have a few shirts on display, but sell the shirts out of boxes. This way you don't waste staff-hours unpacking them, hanging them and displaying them. Also would make the clean up in the store a bit easier after.

-> Look at putting it on another day where you are allowed to open for longer than 6 hours.

-> Order more shirts - surely there must be a price break on bulk ordering?

Guest Sheff Owl

Few ideas for next year:

-> Have people book to go to the shop between a certain time and have people on the door checking them in. This will let you stagger the payment and collection.

-> Have a few shirts on display, but sell the shirts out of boxes. This way you don't waste staff-hours unpacking them, hanging them and displaying them. Also would make the clean up in the store a bit easier after.

-> Look at putting it on another day where you are allowed to open for longer than 6 hours.

-> Order more shirts - surely there must be a price break on bulk ordering?

Get some of the players involved for the kids...

A few behind the counter (obviously let the staff take the money etc) maybe the players can hand over the merchandise.

Have some in and outside the Megastore signing autographs and doing pictures for the people waiting.

Bet the kids were gutted today not allowed to have their pictures taken with the players.

Edited by Sheff Owl

Guest BoomTownOwls

The lettering 'Gilders' will say anything but Gilders after a few washes.

You can just tell it is coming straight off :-)

It's smaller than the last. I have compared them both and my large shirt from last season is actually bigger than my brand new shirt in XL.

Anyone else found this? I was OK last season with a Large - may have to get XL?