SWFC Non Fun Day

Guest BoomTownOwls

Yeah but what if that's because you lost a bit of weight ?

20 pounds in 3 months.

It is usually the length that's the problem with me though, feels the same as the last home one.

Edited by BoomTownOwls

There is no excuse for the problems mentioned, especially not letting kids have photos WITH players. Dear me, church fetes run things better than this! My opinion is:Ask Lee Strafford to come back to advise on PR and these sort of things ( I'm sure he'd do a few days for free). When Lee was here this side of the business improved (staff allowed on here to liaise with fans, new catering, stickers given out in shop, fans treated as valued customers, clapper things given out at the trunstiles, fans kept informed, ex-players invited, half time entertainment, new club website started etc etc).

MM is obvioulsy a brilliant businessman but the club still needs to be more friendly with the fans. We need to build a "together" attitiude.

On the stewards side I just wish that they were all taken on to the pitch to be briefed and told, in no uncertain terms to look around them and that soon those seats will be taken by the people who pay your wages. These people are CUSTOMERS and should be treated with respect, you are in the service industry, and the people coming here today are the people you are to serve.

There is no excuse for the problems mentioned, especially not letting kids have photos WITH players. Dear me, church fetes run things better than this! My opinion is:Ask Lee Strafford to come back to advise on PR and these sort of things ( I'm sure he'd do a few days for free). When Lee was here this side of the business improved (staff allowed on here to liaise with fans, new catering, stickers given out in shop, fans treated as valued customers, clapper things given out at the trunstiles, fans kept informed, ex-players invited, half time entertainment, new club website started etc etc).

MM is obvioulsy a brilliant businessman but the club still needs to be more friendly with the fans. We need to build a "together" attitiude.

On the stewards side I just wish that they were all taken on to the pitch to be briefed and told, in no uncertain terms to look around them and that soon those seats will be taken by the people who pay your wages. These people are CUSTOMERS and should be treated with respect, you are in the service industry, and the people coming here today are the people you are to serve.

Next year have Owlettes instead of stewards.

WINNER

Guest nicegal

Personally I think some people are moaning for the sake of moaning. It wouldn't have mattered how the shop was laid out etc, there were so many people there the que could have gone on for miles. The Megastore staff were bringing boxes of shirts out all the time and restocking as best they could. Supporters were buying other items and tickets too not just the shirts that's another reason the shop was so busy. I think they handledit quite well. You can never please eveybody can you!

I do have to agree that there wasn't much of a funday though. All I saw was a fire engine, wednesdayite stand, ice cream van and an inflatable footie pitch. Apart from the players training there was no entertainment. Maybe next year they could get some stalls that sell things and more entertainment, just an idea as there wasn't much to do. Also, there was nowhere to get refreshments or food, well not that I saw anyway, we ended up going to Burger King for a cuppa!

The funday could be made so much better,so I hope they look into this for next year or I have a feeling it won't be as busy as today!

Guest kbleigh

set off from Bradford early and was suprised to be very near the front of the queue, in and out with 3 shirts in about 5 minutes, have watched the training, now in a bit of a queue for autographs ( as expected ). Good day out hardly a fiasco, even got a free wednesdayite shirt.

Yeah pretty much the same here. Got there for 9:40am got in the shop straight away. One of the people in the shop even found me the size shirt that I wanted, so I didn't even have to look through any of the rails! Got my shirt, membership and Rotherham tickets sorted and it all took about 10 minutes!

Thought it was ok but can understand why some were disappointed.

Shirt size wise i got a Large where as last season i was XL but there isnt much in it. Praise for the shop staff who coped under a lot of pressure and managed to keep things ticking.

Took my Nephew who is 3 and he enjoyed it although was gutted about not been able to have pictures with Weaver and JJ. Even so he was a hit with the players telling them he only wanted to see JJ and Weaver. The players were brilliant with the kids under the conditions and it didnt have a us and you feel to it.

Next time it might be worth having a Charity match again or something to that effect.

Had a good day out overall

Got there at about 11, queued up for the shop for 20 minutes, got in the shop and got my shirt in amongst the hustle in about 10 minutes. Started queuing and moved about 10 feet by quarter to 11. Left Mrs.WednesdayWizard to queue for the shirt while I took the little 'un to get autographs, Queued for an hour and a half in the rain to get to see the players who were in good spirits (until I mentioned how many people were still queuing down the North and Leppings Lane end) and all signed my daughters book and Weaver signed her GK shirt as well. She said it was the "second greatest day of her life" after me and her mum's wedding. All that despite the queuing! Well done Wednesday.

We got the autographs and made our way back to the Shop, got her face painted, and then still had to wait 15 minutes for Mrs.Wizard to exit the store. All in all she was queuing for 2 hours for the shirt and it's a good job there were 2 of us. Great sentiment, it's amazing how much queuing takes out of you. Wife and daughter had very different days, but I'm sat now in my new shirt, which is quality, and none of us are any worse off for the experience.

Did I mention that we queued? Am I even spelling that correctly?

Get signing and building a league winning squad now Milan, there were thousands of future fans there today who will make the effort with the tiniest sniff of success.

Guest wednesday_lass

Just got back, and the word 'anti-climax' comes to mind.

Last seasons open day was unorganised, but for Christ sake, at least the training was better to watch and you could get pictures with players....

Today was just bewildering...

I knew we wouldn't see much in the 'training session' as it was really only a cool down from yesterdays game.

But the bit where we got to meet the players was disgusting..., after queuing for over an hour in the rain we finally got up the stairs only to be told outside the door that we weren't aloud pictures with players and if we want shirts signing they have to be put on the tables. I was planning on having a picture with the players and getting them to sign the back of the shirt I was wearing, if we got prior warning on the OS before hand I would've taken a spare shirt to sign.

Credit to the players, they did get into it as much as they could from behind a desk, especially Richard O'D, both the Johnsons, Coke & Prutton. Sean Cuff seemed to be really over-whelmed with it all and Madine just seemed mardy :L

How can the Club get blamed for the Megstore being too full, if 2,000 people turned up to your house it would be too

That's up there with the most bizarre things I've ever seen posted on Owlstalk. That's quite an achievement.

Credit to the players, they did get into it as much as they could from behind a desk, especially Richard O'D, both the Johnsons, Coke & Prutton. Sean Cuff seemed to be really over-whelmed with it all and Madine just seemed mardy :L

JJ, Clinton, Prutton, Coke, Reda Johnson (especially RJ - was very friendly) were all worth the queue. Madine was sound but I think you had to talk to him as at first he seemed a bit sheepish.

I didn't envy them, they're probably still sat there now with a good case of RSI each!

Guest Sheff Owl

Was anyone missing from the Autograph signing?

I'm guessing Semedo was not there? shame i guess he would have been one a lot of people would have liked.

Guest tuppence

Got down about 11, wanted a 2xl for a bit of baggyness! Only had an xl, fair enough. Stood I'm the queue to pay and saw someone dump a shirt on a rack, had a gander, 2xl without the sponsors logo.

Result.

The rest of it outside was gash though.

Guest Ripley Owl

Info for those buying. The sizes seem a bit smaller than last seasons shirt. :biggrin: Well it's either that or I'm getting fatter.

The sizes are definitely smaller, mines got to go back, it would have been handy to have been told beforehand.

The club planned a big shirt launch

James in marketing then turned it into a MASSIVE event

Owlstalk then turned it into a historically NUCLEAR sized event

Nobody could have expected that turnout today

Owlstalk created this mayhem

Peace out

According to my research Owlstalk is not as known or influential as you make out. I always ask ppl I sit next to or stand next to if they use the site. About 95% didn't even know about it!

I think james' marketing stumbled into success rather than plan for it