SWFC Non Fun Day

Haha... So we didn't even sell out, after all the moaning and groaning on here.

Unbelievable, but not suprising on Owlstalk anymore.

Moaning b*stards.

Oh and as for the boobies saying we should have had rides for the kiddies. In a non profit day (away from merchandise) please think of cost of hire, insurance and health and safety. SWFC is a business afterall.

Edit - and before someone pulls me up on the non profit day. We would have sold a poo poo load of shirts without running the fun day.

Edited by BRADDAZ

So after all the fuss, did we actually sell out of any size? I'd love to know how many shirts we shifted, how many turned up etc. Days like this are real haymakers so anything the club can learn for the next one is all good.

On OS it says 5000 turned up.

I bought a medium yesterday without trying it on. I've lost a stone since I bought the last one and this new medium is too small. Might go see if I can swap for a large. Got tags on and stuff and haven't worn it. Want a sponsorless one again though. Which sizes did they have without sponsors?

I bought a medium yesterday without trying it on. I've lost a stone since I bought the last one and this new medium is too small. Might go see if I can swap for a large. Got tags on and stuff and haven't worn it. Want a sponsorless one again though. Which sizes did they have without sponsors?

Crap I have just bought a small expecting it to be same sizes as before. Looks like I am taking it back on first game then.

Guest BoomTownOwls

Haha... So we didn't even sell out, after all the moaning and groaning on here.

Unbelievable, but not suprising on Owlstalk anymore.

Moaning b*stards.

Oh and as for the boobies saying we should have had rides for the kiddies. In a non profit day (away from merchandise) please think of cost of hire, insurance and health and safety. SWFC is a business afterall.

Edit - and before someone pulls me up on the non profit day. We would have sold a poo poo load of shirts without running the fun day.

I don't think many people are claiming rides should have been there but I am certainly claiming there should have been entertainment.

I agree we would have sold loads of shirts anyway so maybe the club should have just done this. Then I could have queued in peace and bought my shirt and my lads shirt without my two year old lad whining for nearly 2 hours.

I have absolutely no problem with this, just don't advertise it a 'fun day' and then have less 'fun' things to do than a small school fete when thousands are turning up. Believe it or not, schools don't spend shed loads of cash when they put their fete's together, either.

Personally I don't get the non profit bit either. Have the fun day, make it bl00dy good and cash in or don't bother and just sell the shirts. It is that simple as far as I am concerned. The half way house of yesterday pleased few other than those who only went to get the shirt anyway.

Guest wednesday_lass

I don't understand people moaning about buying shirts?

you've got all year to buy a shirt...

what annoyed me most was the meeting the players fiasco, with all the gutted children assuming they could have a picture with their 'idols' and then having that torn away from them at the last minute by some jobsworth.

the only way some fans can meet the players is through these open days, and especially for young children, a picture with a player is a massive thing and you'll have that child as a fan for life after that...

I just didn't understand the logic behind the 'no photos with players' rule, especially if you were allowed a picture OF a player...how many extra seconds can it possibly take to stick a child in front of the table and have the player perhaps lean forwards slightly :S

I do understand that later on in the signing session that fans did sneak a picture or two, and it was truly heart warming to see this particular picture of reda and a young fan...

http://www.swfc.co.uk/javaImages/c/a7/0,,10304~9807628,00.jpg

I do understand that later on in the signing session that fans did sneak a picture or two, and it was truly heart warming to see this particular picture of reda and a young fan...

http://www.swfc.co.uk/javaImages/c/a7/0,,10304~9807628,00.jpg

that picture highlights what a f*ck up it was to not let the majority of the kids have their picture taken with one of their heroes.

hang your head whoever made that decision.

Guest wednesday_lass

it's incredibly hard for a large number of fans to get pictures with their 'idols' at this club, this open day was a chance for the players to give something back and whoever made the decision to not allow fans and player photos clearly made the wrong decision. Utterly bewildered that you could get pictures OF the players but not ones WITH the players, the stewardess I spoke to said that 'it would take too long', but really...it wouldn't would it? I got a picture of all the players...and quite frankly if I had shoved my brother in front of the camera as well it wouldn't of made the slightest bit of difference in time..the only difference it would have made would be that my brother would have been chuffed to bits. Credit to the lads, they still made the day enjoyable and memorable for the kids, Giles Coke pushed the boundaries of the 'how to balls up a fun day' rule book by leaning over the table to shake my brothers hand.