SWFC Non Fun Day

We nearly DID

;-)

Anyway - looks like our James in marketing did a perfect job - in fact TOO good a job - given the sheer volume of fans down there today all wanting to buy the new home shirt...

Well done James - once again you've done a superb job for our club

And yet they still couldn't organise enough to cater for everyone!

Thats poo from Wednesday, not TOO good!

Guest OughtibridgeOwls

My tip is get there earlier like them who decided to queue up from 9, then you'll get a shirt and not much of a queue. Mind you, you'd still find something to moan about it all.

Guest Sheff Owl

I got my shirt when they first opened but even then people just rushed in and went crazy looking for the sizes, trying them on in front of the stock while people were trying to get one down...it was manic!!

My tip is get there earlier like them who decided to queue up from 9, then you'll get a shirt and not much of a queue. Mind you, you'd still find something to moan about it all.

Good tip that, what do you think happens when 5K people turn up an hour early?

Just not bothered...

OPENING HOURS - 10 TIL 4.

My mate just texted to say he'd got 3 mediums about 20 mins ago. They seem to be bringing new stock out all the time. I didn't have time to queue so glad I saw my mate on way out.

Cash only tills would have helped but you need the tills. A massive improvement would have been to change the layout of the store so there was more space to select stock and space for staff to man the boxed shirts. Ask for size, hand em out and direct folk to queue. Tensile barriers all round to stop q jumpers. 15 years retail experience told me that today would have been bedlam, it needed to be treated as a proper launch with a proper strategy aimed at relieving people of their money as quickly as possible. I may send my cv to the club, I would love to work in the megastore.

Guest scott_andrew_william

Why?

The season before last people were left ages waiting for shirts, the people at the store said the factory in Austria weren't delivering orders on time. Maybe it's the same again?

Guest scott_andrew_william

so HAVE THE PEOPLE IN THE QUE BEEN TOLD

Someone should probably tell them, I'd get that steward to do it ; )

This is the thing I don't understand about stuff like this though. Yes if it were food they were selling it would make sense not to buy too many. But surely they know that these shirts have the shelf life of 12 months. If we sold 10K all last season (for instance) surely you order about 10K for day 1 so that you have enough and can then re evaluate any subsequent orders you need to make. Don't order 5K and have to order another 5K and leave people disappointed!

Exactly.

They know they're going to sell the stock over the coming months, and it hasn't got a 'use by' date. I can understand the food kiosks running out of pies/hot dogs etc on the odd occasion when there is a sudden unexpected surge in demand, but these shirts are going to be sold come what may, so it is laughable that we've sold out of adult sizes with more than 2 hours until the shop closes. Not to mention the hundreds of fans who will have been waiting for the shirt to become available for order online (as the club said would happen) today with their cards ready and waiting to buy.

Money is tight for a lot of people at the moment, so for the club to leave people in Sheffield or around the world with their money still in their wallets/bank accounts when they are looking for excuses to keep it there, and after building today up so much, is just ridiculous.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

I think it'sfantastic that we have sold out, but I'm gutted for those who have queued only to find there are no shirts left, gutted for the young un's, adults can cope & understand the reasoning behind it but kids simply don't. it's the kids who are the fans for the next generation & they should be catered for. Not letting them have their photo's with the players is poor form, very poor form indeed, especially if the players were ok with it. it's usually the over paid premadonna's fault, but it this case it doesn't seem so.

My wife said that i was getting fatter, I just said it's the new design, Opted for XL biggrin.gif

:biggrin: I wish I had gone XL now as well.

one poxy bouncing castle for the little uns, i took two four year olds, they had a turn on that, then sat in a fire engine then had a picture took with ozzie and barney then that was it for em, surley the club could've been in touch with somone to get a few rides up and running.

queue's far too long to get em both the shirt because at their ages their attention span is zilch.

very dissapointing today.

I think the club should be commended for organising all of that. They didn't HAVE to do anything as such. There is only so much space in the megastore car park and they tried to offer several different things. Did they not fancy a shot at beating the goalie? Where would the rides have gone?

Good effort from the club IMO. I think some things could have been done better, but I think it's great that Wednesday organised something like this. Hearts have done similar for years and they are always a huge success. Some blue and white balloons for the wee ones could have been a good idea. It's a shame the sun wasn't out as I think more ice creams would have been sold too.

sounds like an absolute shambles all around

It wasn't that bad at all. Considering the volume of people it was ok. The queues were big, and there wasn't much room in the shop, but that was to be expected. The queue was far bigger than I had anticipated (we waited nearly 2 hours) but nothing could have been done by the till staff to speed things up. Their could have been more people re-stocking the kits and checking the displays admittedly.

Personally I thought the till staff worked really well this morning and despite how busy it was, and how stressful it must have been, they were still smiley and helpful as always. Top marks from me.

So it would seem that all in all it wasn't such a fun day for most.

How about this for an idea next time round. Seeing as most people will have gone to watch the players train, when you enter the shop you try your shirt on and go to a member of staff and tell them what size shirt and how many you want. They issue with a ticket with a number and you leave to watch the training. During the training other staff members can bag up the orders and have them ready at the till. Tickets can then be called to the shop in batches and payment taken. Less queues and less hassle for fans.

Just a thought.

Just not bothered...