SWFC Non Fun Day

Guest mrbluesky

Shows the power that social media has. 33,500 owls fans on Facebook and over 3,000 on twitter following.

Now imagine what a sustained campaign could do.

Kudos to the club.

How many did attend today, any official rough figures? (and possibly on shirt sales?)

Very true.

Guest mrbluesky

I love Wednesday but Wednesdayites on the whole make me cringe.

If you took catshit out of the litter tray and put an owls sticker on it some people would buy it

blink.gif

One woman in front of me spent £225 on stuff.

4 kits, a baby grow, 2 lighters, a book, a coaster, keyrings to name a few things

Sounds like the generation game ... now are you sure there wasn't a cuddly toy in there too ?

rolleyes.gif

After an inordinate amount of rumbleing about on my part due to family, kids parties and helpful friends I ended up with a medium sponsorless shirt that was purchased via a last minute dash to the till as my mate was paying. Swapped the sponsorless shirt for the sponsored one the lass was putting through and put the sponsored ones back. Happy I got a sponsorless shirt, if I really want a sponsor on I'll go down and ask them too later. I doubt that'll happen though cos it rocks without it.

This post is as confusing as my day has been. Could do with a weekend to recover.

Guest britmod_owl

One woman in front of me spent £225 on stuff.

4 kits, a baby grow, 2 lighters, a book, a coaster, keyrings to name a few things

if you have 3 lads wanting kits, and the dad wanting a shirt like it is in my house then whats the issue?

if people didn't buy it you would slate the shop still for not having things people want to buy.

Few points after reading this thread:

1. Today has been a very successful day for the club, the final design of the shirt was only decided a few days ago and they've worked their arses off to get it out to as many fans as possible. Well done.

2. Some people in this thread are guilty of letting their personal dissappointments cloud the true picture of the day.

3. Some people love to bash the club because it's cool.

4. Some people in this thread have suddenly become retail management / event coordinator experts when in actual fact they haven't got a clue about how to manage something like today and just chuck ideas about that, when analysed, are difficult to achieve or don't make sense.

5. Cardiffowl's a wee pipe

I love Wednesday but Wednesdayites on the whole make me cringe.

If you took catshit out of the litter tray and put an owls sticker on it some people would buy it

Taking on board you ' love Wednesday' and everyone has the right to have a say on here, - I just do not get your point about this :blink:

Guest Deleted member

Having read all 6 pages of this thread - I think I also have to express my own personal disappointment at the amount of people who struggle to spell the word 'queue'

Guest mrbluesky

Having read all 6 pages of this thread - I think I also have to express my own personal disappointment at the amount of people who struggle to spell the word 'queue'

biggrin.gif

Was in the shirt queue for 45 mins I think. The queue started moving quicker when it was decided that all tills would sell shirts rather than just half of them (or at least that is what it looked like). Worth the wait in the end, got a nice non-sponsored shirt!

For future though, I would recommend pre-orders and have two seperate queues - one for collections and one for on-the-day purchases.

I've stupidly just read all the posts from yesterday and people moaning and saying the shirts had sold out - yet I went into the Megastore AFTER these posts and there were BOX FULLS of shirts. One great big f*ck off queue, but SH*TLOADS of shirts.

The Club got this one spot on IMO (when they realised opening more tills just for merchandise and not tickets mind).

Guest Deleted member

I've stupidly just read all the posts from yesterday and people moaning and saying the shirts had sold out - yet I went into the Megastore AFTER these posts and there were BOX FULLS of shirts. One great big f*ck off queue, but SH*TLOADS of shirts.

The Club got this one spot on IMO (when they realised opening more tills just for merchandise and not tickets mind).

I must admit I was amazed at the people claiming they'd run out - there were loads left of all sizes at 3.45 when I went in

We got there at 9.45 yesterday, the club Shop opened aT 10.

By 10-15 we had left the shop after purchasing a new kit for my son.

There was not much else happening aroung the car park. We went into the north stand and decided that we were not going to wait 45 mins to watch th players train so we went home.