SWFC Non Fun Day

:biggrin: I wish I had gone XL now as well.

I think the club should be commended for organising all of that. They didn't HAVE to do anything as such. There is only so much space in the megastore car park and they tried to offer several different things. Did they not fancy a shot at beating the goalie? Where would the rides have gone?

Good effort from the club IMO. I think some things could have been done better, but I think it's great that Wednesday organised something like this. Hearts have done similar for years and they are always a huge success. Some blue and white balloons for the wee ones could have been a good idea. It's a shame the sun wasn't out as I think more ice creams would have been sold too.

It wasn't that bad at all. Considering the volume of people it was ok. The queues were big, and there wasn't much room in the shop, but that was to be expected. The queue was far bigger than I had anticipated (we waited nearly 2 hours) but nothing could have been done by the till staff to speed things up. Their could have been more people re-stocking the kits and checking the displays admittedly.

Personally I thought the till staff worked really well this morning and despite how busy it was, and how stressful it must have been, they were still smiley and helpful as always. Top marks from me.

FUN DAY, Dont advertise it as such if theres flip all to do.

Guest scott_andrew_william

We do not forgive, We do not forget, the consequences will never be the same because Sheffield wednesday dun goof'd.

It's the kids who are the fans for the next generation & they should be catered for. Not letting them have their photo's with the players is poor form, very poor form indeed, especially if the players were ok with it. it's usually the over paid premadonna's fault, but it this case it doesn't seem so.

Exactly.

Criminal IMO.

Even if it took all day every child there should have had the opportunity to have his/her photo taken with a 'hero'.

The memory would last a lifetime - not just today.

The Club squanders loads in lost revenue opportunities, especially on match days.

As I have said in numerous other threads, I have never bought a drink or food inside the ground on a match day, because the queues are massive.

I can't understand why things like today and match day, have never been addressed properly.

Can't be difficult.

Guest bringbackbenni

Sorry for the positive post but me and my mate took six kids today.

4 of the kids had never been to the ground and all six loved it.

They all had their face painted. Got a free ticket book, saw the mascots, sat in the fire engine and saw all the players train.

Also picked up season tickets for me and my two.

Kids had a great time. Thanks Wednesday. Worth the 60 mile round trip.

Uto!

Guest Sheff Owl

An idea i had might be stupid one but it would have been nice especially for the kids when buying a shirt why not have a few of the players behind the counter, i'm not saying taking all the money etc but at least handing over the purchases?

Kids could have then said they got served by (insert players) name to there friends...make it more exciting for them.

five of us qued for half an hour outside, got in, saw the que for the till, no home shirts on wall so went home, will be back.

The thing is I picked three season tickets up friday about 11am and their was only two others in there, surely prepaid pick it up would have took some pressure off.

Edited by killaowl

Sold out = RESULT

This isn't the fucking Wii, we don't need to be creating artificial demand by keeping the supply lower than required to make people get giddy with hype around the product.

A lot of people who came down to the ground today while taking their kids for a day out will not bother trying to buy the kit again.

Sold out = sales/money lost = FAILURE

It's not like any shirts not sold today will suddenly become useless, we've got over 12 months to shift them. Err on the side of overstocking, selling out (especially this early) is ridiculous.

Guest BoomTownOwls

My tip is get there earlier like them who decided to queue up from 9, then you'll get a shirt and not much of a queue. Mind you, you'd still find something to moan about it all.

no queue except for the 1 HR queue waiting for the shop to open lol

Guest Sheff Owl

no queue except for the 1 HR queue waiting for the shop to open lol

Which actually was a very quick hour.

I'll re-iterate.

Moaning b*stards.

We rolled up at 12. Got a shirt. Went home. Yes it was THAT easy.

Yes we had a wait to pay for it as it was VERY busy (I've never seen owt like it at Hillsborough) but we did and we got one. Really not difficult and really nothing much more Wednesday could have done.

Excellent shirt too. Looks ACE.

I'll re-iterate.

Moaning b*stards.

We rolled up at 12. Got a shirt. Went home. Yes it was THAT easy.

Yes we had a wait to pay for it as it was VERY busy (I've never seen owt like it at Hillsborough) but we did and we got one. Really not difficult and really nothing much more Wednesday could have done.

Excellent shirt too. Looks ACE.

flip off.

You can have constructive criticism you know? There was LOADS Wednesday could have done a lot better. The things they did do well was create demand. Gotta follow it up with having the stock though. And it wasn't that easy was it. You rolled up, had at least an hours wait. Bet you didn't have kids with you either?

The day was a bit grim but it was nice to be at the stadium and my two year old nephew loved it.

About twenty years ago the club opened up the whole club as a proper open day which was a lot better - literally selling stuff out and about.

The ice-cream van and bouncy castle was basically a cover for one big day of queueing.

Why not have the players spread around the ground rather than having to submit people to what was basically a Soviet food queue?

Guest Sheff Owl

I'm sure ordering an extra say thousand shirts on top of what they got would have made everyone happy, it's not like they would have to send them back..they have another year to sell them...feel sorry for the people that would have waited hours to find they had all gone!

Guest BoomTownOwls

The whole day was a massive disappointment.

Let's get a few things straight though:-

1. The marketing department clearly did a phenomenal job.

2. No matter how the day had been organised you can't flog thousands of shirts in a few hours without some lengthy queues.

The disappointing things are:-

1. The entertainment was absolutely useless. Parents were patiently queueing and most would have happily given their kids a tenner to entertain themselves just to stop the constant whining. There was nothing there for the kids to do though. My wife is a school teacher and every year they have far better entertainment for the kids at their school

fair for hardly any cost. No kid could surely have been entertained today for more than 20-30 minutes.

2. The shop had to be centred around the home kit today. Move some other stuff out of the way and have massive size sorted racks surrounded by 10 staff assisting an restocking. Not 2 people with card board bl00dy boxes!

3. Selling out is absolutely unforgivable and record sales is not an acceptable excuse.

4. Tell the stewards that fans are customers not some cattle to be controlled.

Wednesday never get their operations right. Yes some people say stop moaning but today was a massive opportunity missed

Guest Sheff Owl

An idea i had might be stupid one but it would have been nice especially for the kids when buying a shirt why not have a few of the players behind the counter, i'm not saying taking all the money etc but at least handing over the purchases?

Kids could have then said they got served by (insert players) name to there friends...make it more exciting for them.

In fact i'll repeat this because the more i think about it surely it would have been a great idea the fans could have got close to the players, while buying merchandise and then maybe the players could have swapped and then the ones inside could have gone round the people waiting and gave autographs and photos?

It would have certainly passed time on and some of the kids would have been well chuffed!!

More criticism than praise which IMO is disappointing. Some things could have been done better, but I think the megastore staff in particular deserve great praise for their efforts today.

flip off.

You can have constructive criticism you know? There was LOADS Wednesday could have done a lot better. The things they did do well was create demand. Gotta follow it up with having the stock though. And it wasn't that easy was it. You rolled up, had at least an hours wait. Bet you didn't have kids with you either?

Admittedly it can't have been easy with a lad of Lucas's age.