SWFC Non Fun Day

According to my research Owlstalk is not as known or influential as you make out. I always ask ppl I sit next to or stand next to if they use the site. About 95% didn't even know about it!

I think james' marketing stumbled into success rather than plan for it

RUBBISH.

2000 Owlstalkers found out about the Fun Day, then they told 2 friends, then they told 2 friends, then they told 2 friends.

The rest is whinge-tastic history.

The club planned a big shirt launch

James in marketing then turned it into a MASSIVE event

Owlstalk then turned it into a historically NUCLEAR sized event

Nobody could have expected that turnout today

Owlstalk created this mayhem

Peace out

can't argue James often slagged on here by idiots - just a shame the club didn't expect it

as a shirt selling promo excellent - as an open day a bloody joke! oh and the over officious, jobsworth stewards are a throw back to attitude the last regime

Edited by steelowl

Problem is, no one will learn from todays mistakes. It's not as it things like this hanen't happened before. The perception of some fans towards the club now is that they expect this type of thing and aren't suprised when it happens. It's become the norm that the club is on shoddy mess up after another.

Guest Umbop22

Moaning b*stards.

:biggrin:I was in the que for over an hour ! I took it as all part of the fun! no regrets my choice!

Guest gilly

I don't think so. And to be fair they did seem to have plenty of stock being replenished - just not well organised.

would you have prefered the staff to replenish the shirts or serve the waiting queues , was plenty behind counters if your size wasnt hung out stil

For next time then..

- more fun activities. Get some rides on the South Stand / Kop car park.

- Properly organise a system for the megastore, make sure staffing levels are able to handle large volumes.

- Tell stewards to back off from paying customers, if the kids want a photo - let them have a photo - it's a photo. So what if it takes time? Thats a fun days for.

- Let people make reservations for shirts, pay before and collect. Anyone who has worked in retail knows card payments slow the payment process down.

- Give away a freebie for the kids, something free and a shirt - boom - paying customer for life.

Events like this should be backed up with more promotions, Stafford allowed for 3-4,000 young fans per game to sit in Leppings Lane. That is what is needed now, none of this 'x fan was moaning they get in for free' business, if they are of a certain age - in a 'youth' group/organisation which is free to join it is not the fault of the club that people are getting in for free for 1/2 games a season.

Guest gilly

I don't think so. And to be fair they did seem to have plenty of stock being replenished - just not well organised.

the shirts only arrived with the yesterday lunchtime with the sponsors on, the staff worked into the night to get them hung and tagged up for sale and were bk in early this morning and worked non stop with no dinner or breaks, pretty good going id say

the shirts only arrived with the yesterday lunchtime with the sponsors on, the staff worked into the night to get them hung and tagged up for sale and were bk in early this morning and worked non stop with no dinner or breaks, pretty good going id say

seems my guess might have been half right :biggrin:

Not saying this is the case but I remember when the shirts with SCH logo went on sale they were constantly selling out because Puma couldn't produce enough. Maybe today is the same?

Guest gilly

The club planned a big shirt launch

James in marketing then turned it into a MASSIVE event

Owlstalk then turned it into a historically NUCLEAR sized event

Nobody could have expected that turnout today

Owlstalk created this mayhem

Peace out

james leaked the pic then to make it a massive event, wot about all the cold calling the megastore staff did run upto?

For next time then..

- Properly organise a system for the megastore, make sure staffing levels are able to handle large volumes.

- Tell stewards to back off from paying customers, if the kids want a photo - let them have a photo - it's a photo. So what if it takes time? Thats a fun days for.

- Let people make reservations for shirts, pay before and collect. Anyone who has worked in retail knows card payments slow the payment process down.

- Give away a freebie for the kids, something free and a shirt - boom - paying customer for life.

Events like this should be backed up with more promotions, Stafford allowed for 3-4,000 young fans per game to sit in Leppings Lane. That is what is needed now, none of this 'x fan was moaning they get in for free' business, if they are of a certain age - in a 'youth' group/organisation which is free to join it is not the fault of the club that people are getting in for free for 1/2 games a season.

spot on, and wouldn't it have been lovely for Megson to have unvailed a new signing that would have topped off a great day !

For next time then..

Did you go today?

Sorry, but it had to be asked.

For next time then..

What rides would you put on the south stand? Riding over the top of the seats on a tea tray :blink:

Guest gilly

The whole day was a massive disappointment.

Let's get a few things straight though:-

1. The marketing department clearly did a phenomenal job.

2. No matter how the day had been organised you can't flog thousands of shirts in a few hours without some lengthy queues.

The disappointing things are:-

1. The entertainment was absolutely useless. Parents were patiently queueing and most would have happily given their kids a tenner to entertain themselves just to stop the constant whining. There was nothing there for the kids to do though. My wife is a school teacher and every year they have far better entertainment for the kids at their school

fair for hardly any cost. No kid could surely have been entertained today for more than 20-30 minutes.

2. The shop had to be centred around the home kit today. Move some other stuff out of the way and have massive size sorted racks surrounded by 10 staff assisting an restocking. Not 2 people with card board bl00dy boxes!

3. Selling out is absolutely unforgivable and record sales is not an acceptable excuse.

4. Tell the stewards that fans are customers not some cattle to be controlled.

Wednesday never get their operations right. Yes some people say stop moaning but today was a massive opportunity missed

if only there was eno staff to have 10 on shop floor and to serve the queues , they didnt even want to pay the staff they got

Regardless of what happened today my son and nephew were simply interested in the new kit - at 13 nothing else really mattered to them once they got it - was more interested in going and playing football in the park to show it off ! blush.gif

I saw lots of friends with little ones were happy enough with face paints, bouncy castles, fire engine, seeing the players, etc. so i think its really down to peoples expectations - probably wanted to do more but these days good old health and safety tape limits what you can do!

The main comments i heard from everyone was that they never expected it being this busy .... i think even the players were surprised at how many were in the north stand!

Anyway hope you are all enjoying the wonderful new kit despite the other disappointmentsrolleyes.gif!

Guest Saturday Owl

Well it's good we sold all the kits, but then it's bad the club didn't have any more to sell.

I was lucky enough to get one, but others might have missed out because of poor organization.

The main comments i heard from everyone was that they never expected it being this busy .... i think even the players were surprised at how many were in the north stand!

Shows the power that social media has. 33,500 owls fans on Facebook and over 3,000 on twitter following.

Now imagine what a sustained campaign could do.

Kudos to the club.

How many did attend today, any official rough figures? (and possibly on shirt sales?)

Guest frannys ears

Let's be right, Wednesday couldn't organise a wee wee up in a brewery.

Queued up for 40 minutes so kids could get their photo taken with the players, only to be told by some jobsworth steward that "You can only take photos of the players, not with them."

When I asked why, she said "because there too many people here, it will take too long."

Even the players looked a bit bemused by it all, Prutton said a steward nearly frogmarched him out when he let a young 'un sit next to him for a photo, totally un-necessary and left a lot of people pissed off.

Was told same, but thought feck em, took a picture of my lad with every player, we had qued about an hour and we took photo's last year.

On the whole, much better organised than last year, spent a long time queing up but at least it wasn't a free for all like last time.