SWFC Non Fun Day

Guest Sheff Owl

Can't take pictures with the players?

What an absolute joke. Seems some things never change.

Yep i was told that this morning that there would be no photos with the players just Autographs only.

Any other business ran like this would have gone bust years ago.

We nearly DID

;-)

Anyway - looks like our James in marketing did a perfect job - in fact TOO good a job - given the sheer volume of fans down there today all wanting to buy the new home shirt...

Well done James - once again you've done a superb job for our club

Owlstalk Shop

Staff in store working hard - no doubt about that.

And Jon - no, I believe sizes ARE smaller than last year.

It's worrying that Wednesday STILL making buying products such hard work for customers. I hope they have a 'de-briefing' and find out what they can do better next year

Lessons learned meeting. See earlier post.

:biggrin:

SOLD OUT

Only small and kids left unbranded

flippingdisgrace.

Who places the orders with puma? obviously doesnt know his job.

They certainly did a good job in attracting interest but that's pretty useless if there isnt enough shirts to actually sell.

Indeed

Marketing Dept did a solid job to get people interested/wanting a shirt

I doubt anyone would have expected the demand on the back of the marketing campaign - but it's obvious that some fans are going to be disappointed by not being able to get a shirt today

For what it's worth I need about 6 home shirts (female size) between size 8 and size 14 for the Owlettes website so I've not been able to get them today either - but I'm not in a rush so can wait

Am going to get one for myself too when they restock

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Sheff Owl

Does anyone know how many shirts per person you was allowed to buy?

Because surely if people were but 3/4 that's gotta be wrong for the people waiting in the rain to get one?

Indeed

Marketing Dept did a solid job to get people interested/wanting a shirt

I doubt anyone would have expected the demand on the back of the marketing campaign - but it's obvious that some fans are going to be disappointed by not being able to get a shirt today

For what it's worth I need about 6 home shirts (female size) between size 8 and size 14 for the Owlettes website so I've not been able to get them today either - but I'm not in a rush so can wait

Am going to get one for myself too when they restock

Any idea as to when Neil?

This is the thing I don't understand about stuff like this though. Yes if it were food they were selling it would make sense not to buy too many. But surely they know that these shirts have the shelf life of 12 months. If we sold 10K all last season (for instance) surely you order about 10K for day 1 so that you have enough and can then re evaluate any subsequent orders you need to make. Don't order 5K and have to order another 5K and leave people disappointed!

Just not bothered...