Derby Dates Moved

You could also say that people will get less drunk after because people have work the next day.

But it doesn't change anything. People who fight after or before these matches go looking for fights. It could be 10am on a Tuesday and it still wouldn't make a difference.

It will make a difference. The 50 or so nobheads from each side who are the actual hooligans would fight whenever it was played.

BUT there are a much larger number of fans who would get involved in an altercation IF they had partaken in a bit of Dutch courage before and during the game- moving it to a 12pm Sunday kickoff eliminates this kind of trouble from happening, which can only be a good thing.

Police advice my ar5e...!

So SYP's finest can no longer deal with a big game on a Saturday or those cnuts at Sky are at it again...?

F Off Sky...!

F Off safety correctness two-hat features...!

:angry:

Perhaps Sunday is double time, while Saturday is only a measly time and a half.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

It will make a difference. The 50 or so nobheads from each side who are the actual hooligans would fight whenever it was played.

BUT there are a much larger number of fans who would get involved in an altercation IF they had partaken in a bit of Dutch courage before and during the game- moving it to a 12pm Sunday kickoff eliminates this kind of trouble from happening, which can only be a good thing.

BINGO

The police don't care about the size of the crowd, just the % of idiots who have had a drink in it. You only have to look at Rochdale away last year to see what a few hours in the pub does to your usual fan. Average Joe turns into Uncle Knobhead.

Just not bothered...

Sorry but this really what I cannot abide about SYP

I want to go for a pint before a game I have done this for 30 years without having one fight. Syp job is to protect law abiding fol k doing law abiding things not solve the problem by effectively forbidding everybody from enjoying a match day pint.

I want to go for a pint before a game I have done this for 30 years without having one fight. Syp job is to protect law abiding fol k doing law abiding things not solve the problem by effectively forbidding everybody from enjoying a match day pint.

The problem is though mate that you and I can enjoy a pre match pint (or 5) and not get in any trouble. But there is a significant number of wee pipe heads on both sides of the fence who will have a couple of pops and get involved in trouble that they would never normally be anywhere near without it in them. It is sad but you have to look at the idiots that cause trouble and not the Police. Like you say, it is their job to look after us so the easiest way is to nip it in the bud.

Just not bothered...

Guest Big Guns

stop been sensible

Absolutely fookin' ridiculous...Every bloody year ad nauseaum South Yorkshire police p*ss about with this fixture....AS if the fookin' hooligans from either side simply say..."ahh ****..its a Sunday again...and heres me havin' to go to Church instead of kickin' someones teeth down there their throat...I'm fvckin' sick of prattin' about as an altar boy and missing all the fun"

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Edited by satellitekid

Its a disgrace wht do you think this will do to Sunday morning football that day, I manage a side and wont finish til gone ko so thats a cancelled game or i miss it, SYP and SWFC for that case are a disgrace when it comes to derby day.

Why not ko @ 8am on the sunday if we want to prevent trouble arseholes.

Guest lindley

When was the last time a manchester derby was a 3pm saturday kick off?

City 0-1 Utd. Scholes header last minute.

Everyone knew this was going to happen from day 1. It always does. The only other factor to consider would be if it were on Sky. It has happened with the last god knows how many derbies so why should these be different. I suppose any excuse to slag someone off though....

Just not bothered...

Guest totemowl

Very good point.