Derby Dates Moved

from S24SU forum;

If we only give the lower (which I suspect we won't) then with 10,000 or so ST holders we are going to have to shift approaching 20,000 tickets for a noon KO on a Sunday at Cat A prices. It must be a long, long time since we've done that for a league match?

I know we've said we aren't going to try and entice fans to matches during the season to teach them a lesson about not buying a ST (great season to try that policy) but it would have been an opportunity to get some fans back and tie it into a reduced priced 3 match ticket perhaps with some of the many Tues night home games we have.

Maybe we'll give thenm the whole BL end including the corner to prevent red faces on the attendance front

Warning - may contain Pork

sounds like we should get the full away end, this piggies logic is sound, they will sell about 20k I reckon, I suspect a good number will flip it off due to thinking we will batter them in there own backyard.

lol

also found this on there;

personally i aint bothered about the derbies anymore since they did the double over us,thanks for that memory blackwell,the thoughts of laws waddling striding up and down the touch line with that rumblein scarf fills me with bitter disappointment

:laugh:

edit - sorry lads, my point is we should be even more likely to get the whole away end, upper and lower, the new unattractive kick off time could be the deciding factor!!

Edited by Up the Owls

Guest grez_owls4ever

Can fully understand this and I for one am not shocked at all.....as people have said it was always going to happen.

Also for those of you who like a pre-match pint, pubs now have a 24 hour licence and wil not pass this opportunity of good taking up, police can only advise pubs to stay closed and not actually enforce it. They will just say if any trouble kicks off we will not be there to help you (i know this as i know the guy who runs the pub close to Sflaphorpes ground and they go at the start of every season and have the same conversation with him and hand him a list of fixtures they "reccommend" he stays shut). To get round this he just gets bouncers on the door.

I seem to remember a few years ago we played the pigs at home with a 1 o clock kick off and i was in the pub at half 10...like others on here i enjoy a pre-match pint and it didnt stop me.

Guest intercity0wl

Can fully understand this and I for one am not shocked at all.....as people have said it was always going to happen.

Also for those of you who like a pre-match pint, pubs now have a 24 hour licence and wil not pass this opportunity of good taking up, police can only advise pubs to stay closed and not actually enforce it. They will just say if any trouble kicks off we will not be there to help you (i know this as i know the guy who runs the pub close to Sflaphorpes ground and they go at the start of every season and have the same conversation with him and hand him a list of fixtures they "reccommend" he stays shut). To get round this he just gets bouncers on the door.

I seem to remember a few years ago we played the pigs at home with a 1 o clock kick off and i was in the pub at half 10...like others on here i enjoy a pre-match pint and it didnt stop me.

[/quote

Thought that was the same for every sittuation ?, Crime number anybody.

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest grez_owls4ever

i thought that was the same for every sittuation ?, Crime number anybody.

sorry my bad, just it was particularly highlighted in that conversation, i guess thay were out catching the speeding motorists again

Wont make a difference to me i'll be just as pi$$ed at Sunday dinner time as i would have been on Saturday afternoon.

Cant wait for us to hammer those filthy grunters and dont care what time of day we do it.

Wont go to Bumhole lane ever again anyway so dont care about that one (My boycott Bumhole Lane thread will be here soon). :biggrin:

Guest Buxtonian

This is simply the usual OVER-REACTION of SYP, and has been the same since they cocked-up the Liverpool game by allowing people in without tickets.

Ever since then, they are poo poo-scared that they will be classified as what they are - useless. Not only are they unable to police crowds correctly, they are often out for trouble and causing it deliberately.

Three years or so ago, I was stood at the chippy on Lepp.Lane when a crowd arrived off the tram. The crowd contained Wed & Unitedites in equal number, each taking the wee wee out of each other, but mixing WITHOUT TROUBLE. Along came a snotty-nosed, jumped up little arsehole with enough riot gear on to equip a squad of our lads in Helmand, throwing his weight around and insisting that the two sets of supporters separate 'before you cause trouble' The lads had travelled from the City Centre on the same tram, and half way down Leppings Lane without a blow being struck, but from his atitude, he looked prepared to start trouble if there wasn'y any.

I well remember the '84 Miners' Strike. We used to dread seeing the SYP coming on the picket line. When all had been peaceful, they would stir up the trouble.

Might I suggest to Wednesday that they fill the groung with these shitsters, and let the crowd do the policing.

poo poo Your Pants.

This is simply the usual OVER-REACTION of SYP, and has been the same since they cocked-up the Liverpool game by allowing people in without tickets.

Ever since then, they are poo poo-scared that they will be classified as what they are - useless. Not only are they unable to police crowds correctly, they are often out for trouble and causing it deliberately.

It's the only way they can justify the ridiculous amount of money they rob off football clubs. And massive amounts of overtime pay for their employees. Stupid decision.

This is fookin' ridiculous. What's the point having a computer figuring out all the fixtures when every bugger keeps changing them afterwards?

Ok Professor Large-Forehead, the NASA computer has calculated the terminal velocity, re-entry speed and approach angle for the shuttle's safe return to the earth's atmosphere. Shall we enter the data into the onboard mission computer? Nah. flip it. We'll put our own numbers in and hope for the best.

:ph34r: