OFFICIAL - Potter Gone

Guest Briscoe Inferno

To say he is terrible with no redeeming features is bizarre.

In Laws' team he was the focal point in our better performances (Scunny 4 nil?)

Still now he is the best striker of the ball we had - a shot from 20 yards he would be the fella I wanted out of the squad we had.

Work rate not up to it and clearly not what Megson wants at centre mid. But to say untalented waster is very short sighted.

This is precisely the problem - consistency. The 1 game in 10 where has was 'productive' was overshadowed by the other 9 where he was the most negative 'creative' midfielder I have ever seen in the shirt.

He has the talent no doubt about it but his application fell well short of what is required in the English leagues.

We have needed dogs of war for too long not poodles with a perm.

No doubt he was a genius against the cones in training and I suspect he would do well in Holland but the odd Cruyff turn followed by a hospital ball to a full back was just too much to take......

Only just seen this, been a bit busy.

Have you ever seen such a joyous thread as this when a player leaves?

This demonstrates that at long last we are moving on from some of the darkest days in our history.

MM and GM have to be totally ruthless to get out of this league.

Getting rid of losers like Potter is a clear indication of their intent.

havent posted on here since last game, but this has made me post once again. Glad to see he cudnt be forgiven for his i dont give a throw performances and his chip on his shoulder. Good ridens. Take it this means he would'nt have been paid of, just agreed to go.

great news What a shame RS have still not got hold of it. No Owls news now on 7.30 am sports news for over a week They have gone Cr**

Anyway, I think we'll regret this. As people have said, he's been one of our top performers at times and when in the right team, WILL run things. And I mean that.No surprise other Wednesday players say hes one of the best in the team.

I agree that he has more natural talent than most players in our team and I can imagine him looking really good in training, which is probably why other Wednesday players were saying he was a good player. This is precisely why his ineffective, inconsistent performances were so infuriating. We knew he could do it, it was just so very rare that he actaully did.

Anyway good move for both club and player and it will be interesting to see how he gets on elsewhere.

Guest wistowowl

Thank you Megson!!

Potter was the reason I stopped going to games last season. Brentford @ Home.......Potter and Osbourne passing into touch, Brentford players feet and generally anywhere but to our own players left me with no other decision but to stop going to games!!

I think out of the 109 or so games he played, he had about 3 good games!!

Good luck to any other fans that have to watch his dross in the future.

Right then, any clues who's next out or in through the doors then?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Great news!!

we better hurry up and sign some centre mids now then with only JOC, Coke, Prutton and the kid who's name I cant remember

Your picture is sending me bananas.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Anyway, I think we'll regret this. As people have said, he's been one of our top performers at times and when in the right team, WILL run things. And I mean that.

No surprise other Wednesday players say hes one of the best in the team.

flip me.. 7 negs. That's crazy, don't be jealous just cos I speak the truth gents. :blush:

Bit of a herd mentality in this thread. Not many dissenters I see- probably most are scared of all the negs they will get. Shame.

I have never thought Potter was our worst player. There have been worse in terms of attitude and far worse in terms of ability. Good that he has gone but it's daft that everyone is basically blaming one player for our shiteness.

Just goes to show that when the fans turn, there is no way back,so it's the best outcome for everyone.

Hope Potter gets better luck at his next club.

i dont think its a case of herd mentality, what youv'e got to remember is that when he was playing for a contract, I and many others saw what he was capable of, then from that, to been on one of the worst central pairing midfield in the league. the fans got on his back more than JOC's because, the know JOC's a limited player but will give is all on the pitch for 90 minutes, rather than someone we know can play football and has some talent, but couldn't be bothered to use it. the fans appreciate effort probably more so than quality becuse they see 11 men on the field doing "jobs" they've dreamed of doing. so with his lack of effort he was always going to be on a hiding to nothing.

I'm not going to blame him for relegation or wish bad on him cause i don't see the point, i am glad though that hes decided to move on rather than waste another year with this club and hopefully, a better replacement will be on the way soon

flip me.. 7 negs. That's crazy, don't be jealous just cos I speak the truth gents. :blush:

who knows now, he has had chances to show that though and isn't a regular which suggests he hasnt taken them, he has some talent but not the mentality that Megson, or the fans are looking for in a player

Thank you Megson!!

Potter was the reason I stopped going to games last season. Brentford @ Home.......Potter and Osbourne passing into touch, Brentford players feet and generally anywhere but to our own players left me with no other decision but to stop going to games!!

I think out of the 109 or so games he played, he had about 3 good games!!

Good luck to any other fans that have to watch his dross in the future.

Right then, any clues who's next out or in through the doors then?

Baited breath here.

In our current squad he was one of three players who could score from distance, JJ and Coke are the other two,

If he got it laid off to him outside the area he would put it in, great shot on him,

Shame that is where his talent ended while playing for us,

I think we should all hold off him for now because if he goes to McDons and shows what he can do we'll feel a bit stupid and gutted we never got the best out of him,

He's got a champions league medal don't you know lol

We always used to laugh when we got a free kick around the box because it became known as the "potter ooooh" you just knew he would take the shot and it would get an oooh from the crown for being close. BUT NEVER IN THE BACK OF THE flippingNET!!!!!!

Gonna add my 2 pence about Potter but in an even argumental sort of way

I think some people are being harsh on Potter, and yes I’ll get shot down in a blaze of fury and some posters quoting me and calling me this and that, but Potter is not half as bad as a lot of people make out

I can understand some peoples frustrations with Potter. Potter seems, like he is a midfielder and nothing more. doesn’t protect the back 4, not exactly a laying deep attacking midfielder dictating the play or a box to box player.. he reminds me a little of Kenny Lunt, he is just there …

The 3 attempts at a corner argument are ludicrous if you ask me. bad weather, bad conditions, and sure it took 3 attempts to bypass the first man, but the vitriol, booing and heckling afterwards was absolutely disgusting. Some posters on here seem to be basing their “Potter is garbage” on said argument? Unreal. I just don’t get the logic of some people?

On a positive note towards Potter as a football, I do think he is an accomplished player, has enough about him with regards passing and helping to put some possession and ball retention in the middle.. but not sure he did that enough and did it well enough for us.

If he had someone that battled for the ball and broke up the opposition, I think it would allow Potter to dictate play further up the field but JOC wasn’t the player to do that, and wasn’t good enough so Potter kept dropping deep to collect the ball hence the sidewards passing because it was either the only option to do, or the safest option to do

Also if you ask me, Potter wasn’t to blame of the Exeter goal. not for me. After Potter misplaced his pass (which wasn’t that bad if Mellor hadn’t stopped expecting the ball to feet), the defender strode forward under no challenge and a wee wee poor tackle from Batth before slotting the ball home. no effort or pressure AT ALL was the Exeter defender put under.. NONE whatsoever, this is not Potters problem (but yeah, he didn’t bust a gut to get back which I can understand some people’s frustrations in).

It is probably best that Potter started afresh somewhere different and possibly behind the strikers as an advanced midfielder and let a hard working defensive midfielder to win the ball and lay it off to him. I think he could excel in this position, but for us, for now, it didn’t work out and we can be glad that we are able to bring in someone newer, fresher and with a bit more hunger and work ethic that will appease the fans. it would be very interesting to see who is brought into the midfield now

Gonna add my 2 pence about Potter but in an even argumental sort of way

I think some people are being harsh on Potter, and yes I’ll get shot down in a blaze of fury and some posters quoting me and calling me this and that, but Potter is not half as bad as a lot of people make out

I can understand some peoples frustrations with Potter. Potter seems, like he is a midfielder and nothing more. doesn’t protect the back 4, not exactly a laying deep attacking midfielder dictating the play or a box to box player.. he reminds me a little of Kenny Lunt, he is just there …

The 3 attempts at a corner argument are ludicrous if you ask me. bad weather, bad conditions, and sure it took 3 attempts to bypass the first man, but the vitriol, booing and heckling afterwards was absolutely disgusting. Some posters on here seem to be basing their “Potter is garbage” on said argument? Unreal. I just don’t get the logic of some people?

On a positive note towards Potter as a football, I do think he is an accomplished player, has enough about him with regards passing and helping to put some possession and ball retention in the middle.. but not sure he did that enough and did it well enough for us.

If he had someone that battled for the ball and broke up the opposition, I think it would allow Potter to dictate play further up the field but JOC wasn’t the player to do that, and wasn’t good enough so Potter kept dropping deep to collect the ball hence the sidewards passing because it was either the only option to do, or the safest option to do

Also if you ask me, Potter wasn’t to blame of the Exeter goal. not for me. After Potter misplaced his pass (which wasn’t that bad if Mellor hadn’t stopped expecting the ball to feet), the defender strode forward under no challenge and a wee wee poor tackle from Batth before slotting the ball home. no effort or pressure AT ALL was the Exeter defender put under.. NONE whatsoever, this is not Potters problem (but yeah, he didn’t bust a gut to get back which I can understand some people’s frustrations in).

It is probably best that Potter started afresh somewhere different and possibly behind the strikers as an advanced midfielder and let a hard working defensive midfielder to win the ball and lay it off to him. I think he could excel in this position, but for us, for now, it didn’t work out and we can be glad that we are able to bring in someone newer, fresher and with a bit more hunger and work ethic that will appease the fans. it would be very interesting to see who is brought into the midfield now

It's nice that you wrote all that but no, he was poo poo.

I don't understand the logic that some people on here have written, saying that he could have done well if he was given more time. Especially when some people have been saying we need to be looking at better than some of the names we've been linked with, when some of them are twice the player of Potter (Even saw someone say something about Koumas being past it).

All I can say is THANK **** WE GOT RID OF HIM.